What would you do?

Old Mar 8th 2008, 5:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What would you do?

You say she appears to leave the little ones playing out front unsupervised while she's at work. Makes me wonder what sort of response you're going to get from her.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emma M
Yes, this is precisely why I'm hesitant in what I say and how I say it.
The "offender" may actually welcome having it out in the open so to speak. Although I'm not coming up with a "garden fence" conversation that would ease into it well.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JEM3110
I would say nothing until I know the facts ie the nature of the sexual offences he/she was committed of.
Also, do you know any of the other families in the neighbourhood, if so, do they know about this person and how do they feel about it?
You might want to watch the film Little Children starring Kate Winslet - this subject is addressed, very interesting....
I was told of this man and his sex offender conviction by a neighbour who works in the local supermarket. She asked me if I had heard if he was one, I said I had no idea, then she said that she was worried for her daughter, the last I heard she was moving, not because of him though, she got pregnant and was moving in with her bf. I looked on the national sex offenders site, and found out it was true, he was convicted of "Indecent liberty minor", now it may be me jumping to conclusions, but I have no idea what this means, only that he was convicted of a sexual offence against a child.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You say she appears to leave the little ones playing out front unsupervised while she's at work. Makes me wonder what sort of response you're going to get from her.
Yep, I know
Old Mar 8th 2008, 5:55 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I was told of this man and his sex offender conviction by a neighbour who works in the local supermarket. She asked me if I had heard if he was one, I said I had no idea, then she said that she was worried for her daughter, the last I heard she was moving, not because of him though, she got pregnant and was moving in with her bf. I looked on the national sex offenders site, and found out it was true, he was convicted of "Indecent liberty minor", now it may be me jumping to conclusions, but I have no idea what this means, only that he was convicted of a sexual offence against a child.
North Carolina General Statutes provides:
(a) A person is guilty of taking indecent liberties with children if, being 16 years of age or more and at least five years older than the child in question, he either:

(1) Willfully takes or attempts to take any immoral, improper, or indecent liberties with any child of either sex under the age of 16 years for the purpose of arousing or gratifying sexual desire; or

(2) Willfully commits or attempts to commit any lewd or lascivious act upon or with the body or any part or member of the body of any child of either sex under the age of 16 years.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ray
A very dangerous idea ...
I don't want anything coming back on me that could be seen as me either causing trouble for someone without being fully aware of the facts, (got to keep my own nose clean at the moment) but I'm stuck because I wouldn't forgive myself if anything happened to those children. It's a reason that I have put this on this board, because I don't know what can be said and what can't be in respect to harrassment laws and slander (or libel).
Old Mar 8th 2008, 5:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want anything coming back on me that could be seen as me either causing trouble for someone without being fully aware of the facts, (got to keep my own nose clean at the moment) but I'm stuck because I wouldn't forgive myself if anything happened to those children. It's a reason that I have put this on this board, because I don't know what can be said and what can't be in respect to harrassment laws and slander (or libel).
Apart from the sex offender...I would be concerned about her leaving the kids outside alone while she's at work.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe chatting, as mothers do, bring up the subject of the sex offender registry and see if it is something she knows about. It might prompt her to look it up herself.

How many times has this person been convicted of this?
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:01 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

the kids could get run over by a bus tomorow.

let it go.
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

I think maybe you should be more concerned about the childen being left unattened maybe contact DFS.
BE Forum Addict

Apart from the sex offender...I would be concerned about her leaving the kids outside alone while she's at work.
I assume that's what she does, I can't say for definite. These children are around 4 - 6 years old, if that. There could be someone indoors when she's out that I'm not aware of, but if there is, they aren't looking out much to supervise them at all. God, I sound like such a curtain twitcher... I'm not, it's just something I have noticed.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bevinva
Maybe chatting, as mothers do, bring up the subject of the sex offender registry and see if it is something she knows about. It might prompt her to look it up herself.

How many times has this person been convicted of this?
once
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

They are exactly the type of children that make easy prey. (I sound like a predator now!)
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bevinva
They are exactly the type of children that make easy prey. (I sound like a predator now!)
I know they do, and that's why I feel an obligation to do something because I live right next door to them.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know they do, and that's why I feel an obligation to do something because I live right next door to them.
I don't think knowing they are out there makes you a curtain twitcher! Lots more kids play in the front of houses here than I ever saw in the UK, could have been where I lived though. Maybe she doesn't know they are outside, do they go back in close to the time she is coming home?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.