Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

What is it with some people in the UK?

What is it with some people in the UK?

Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:14 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is it with some people in the UK?

Originally Posted by neil
This reminds me of the pharmacies in the US that refuse to fill prescriptions for birth control because of their religious beliefs - do you think that's OK too?
What about people that want a complete ban on smoking? Even if you're doing it in your own house.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:21 am
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
What about people that want a complete ban on smoking? Even if you're doing it in your own house.
I was just thinking of other situations that would never happen - pre-smoking ban in pubs, can you imagine them chucking someone out because they thought that person had too many cigarettes that evening?
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:26 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I was just thinking of other situations that would never happen - pre-smoking ban in pubs, can you imagine them chucking someone out because they thought that person had too many cigarettes that evening?
Perhaps all women should undergo a sonogram before entering pubs just in case they're pregnant but not showing a bump yet?? That'd show those sneaky drinky bitches.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:29 am
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps all women should undergo a sonogram before entering pubs just in case they're pregnant but not showing a bump yet?? That'd show those sneaky drinky bitches.
And a lie detector test to make sure they will have safe sex if they happen to get lucky that night...
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:33 am
WTF?

And a lie detector test to make sure they will have safe sex if they happen to get lucky that night...
I say we microchip the uterus.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Whoa!!!
Old Apr 1st 2009, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

In Laws say that's not too far off in S.Cali (where else though huh?)
Old Apr 1st 2009, 9:41 am
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Given the beer bellies on some of these gals, I want to know how he knew she was pregnant

Perhaps her bare midriff stretch marks has put a hyphen in her tattoo so it was 'MUM-DAD' or 'LEFT-RIGHT'

little bun in her oven must have been having a Céilidh in there with a few pints of the amber nectar to swim around in. Best springer was when he knocked on the trailer door and said 'I hear that the woman in the next trailer is having sex with your guy'. Subtle stuff and an excellent hair pulling fight followed - the 'on location' episodes were the best. Anyone who says he is a user of the mentally inadequate who have problems enough is anti-semitic

Anyway what harm is a few pints of beer when they are already having a beano with cigs and ganja and curry and crisp sandwiches
Old Apr 1st 2009, 9:50 am
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by exvj
Given the beer bellies on some of these gals, I want to know how he knew she was pregnant

Perhaps her bare midriff stretch marks has put a hyphen in her tattoo so it was 'MUM-DAD' or 'LEFT-RIGHT'

little bun in her oven must have been having a Céilidh in there with a few pints of the amber nectar to swim around in. Best springer was when he knocked on the trailer door and said 'I hear that the woman in the next trailer is having sex with your guy'. Subtle stuff and an excellent hair pulling fight followed - the 'on location' episodes were the best. Anyone who says he is a user of the mentally inadequate who have problems enough is anti-semitic

Anyway what harm is a few pints of beer when they are already having a beano with cigs and ganja and curry and crisp sandwiches
Did you write The Naked Lunch?
Old Apr 1st 2009, 9:57 am
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ridski
Did you write The Naked Lunch?
No, I wouldnt indulge in a naked lunch - they might be hungry for bratwurst
Old Apr 1st 2009, 10:03 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I can't remember the comedian who said it ...

"Never congratulate a woman on her pregnancy unless you are actually watching the baby emerging from the birth canal."

Or something like that.
Oh man, I learned my lesson on that one... said something about 'good for maternity wear' to a teenager who was in my client's dress shop & didn't think a thing of it (she had that muffin top thing going on). She came back about an hour later in tears to ask me if I thought SHE was pregnant.
Uh, YEAH.

I laugh, but I still feel bad for how she felt.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 10:44 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg14624
I like to read online news. It seems like some people in the UK have no shame. For example, some parent put their 13 year old boy into the media spotlight because the local teenage floozy claimed he was the father of her child. What kind of parent would expose their child to that?

I just read an article about a woman who was upset that she was refused service and ejected from a pub. She was drinking beer while 5 months pregnant. She decided to go into the papers with her harrowing story as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...alth-baby.html

Is it something about UK people, or the UK news tabloids? I can't figure it out.
You're reading the Daily Mail so what do you expect?
Old Apr 1st 2009, 10:48 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Are you offering to be the first recipient?
Old Apr 1st 2009, 10:58 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg14624
I like to read online news. It seems like some people in the UK have no shame. For example, some parent put their 13 year old boy into the media spotlight because the local teenage floozy claimed he was the father of her child. What kind of parent would expose their child to that?

I just read an article about a woman who was upset that she was refused service and ejected from a pub. She was drinking beer while 5 months pregnant. She decided to go into the papers with her harrowing story as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...alth-baby.html

Is it something about UK people, or the UK news tabloids? I can't figure it out.
Actually the 13 year old isn't the father apparently several more 'fathers' came (litterally) forward and the DNA says it wasn't the 13 year old
Old Apr 1st 2009, 11:01 am
Banned

Some Iraqi women blow themselves up - they do it with explosives, British women do it with gassy lager

The British way is innocuous in comparison

Isn't the English language wonderful with it's 'double entendres'. The French don't even have a word for that (George W)
The English language was invented by a bunch of mead swilling saxons and celts who lived in mud huts - so beer, and it's effect on the unborn yobo, has always been a useful tool of social progress and it still is today...
Don't tell me some brawny saxon bird didn't like her bucket every night before climbing under a cow skin with a bloke who had never had a bath in his life

Only the strongest and most determined of foetuses can survive a daily/hourly shower of Carling Export Full Strength - and this has given the British the Darwinistic advantage over other varieties of human

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.