Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

What is it with some people in the UK?

What is it with some people in the UK?

Old Apr 2nd 2009, 5:37 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is it with some people in the UK?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ball-shut.html

Here is yet another story about some bird (is that the proper UK term) who is in the paper bragging about how she put super glue in her eye.

My uncle once fumbled for the toothpaste in the dark and ended up brushing his teeth with BenGay. I doubt anybody in this country would published it in print, and he wouldn't have put his face in an article about it.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 6:43 am
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg14624
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ball-shut.html

Here is yet another story about some bird (is that the proper UK term) who is in the paper bragging about how she put super glue in her eye.

My uncle once fumbled for the toothpaste in the dark and ended up brushing his teeth with BenGay. I doubt anybody in this country would published it in print, and he wouldn't have put his face in an article about it.
You obviously completely unaware of what passes for news in this country. I died my hair bleach blonde and spiked it all up in my younger days and never made the British papers, but if I'd realized that all I need to do is shave it into a cross, I could have been on TV.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 6:50 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ridski
You obviously completely unaware of what passes for news in this country. I died my hair bleach blonde and spiked it all up in my younger days and never made the British papers, but if I'd realized that all I need to do is shave it into a cross, I could have been on TV.
This is high brow journalism:

NAZI BOY DENIED BIRTHDAY CAKE

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_w..._with_naz.html
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 6:51 am
Banned

london52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by crg14624
I like to read online news. It seems like some people in the UK have no shame. For example, some parent put their 13 year old boy into the media spotlight because the local teenage floozy claimed he was the father of her child. What kind of parent would expose their child to that?

I just read an article about a woman who was upset that she was refused service and ejected from a pub. She was drinking beer while 5 months pregnant. She decided to go into the papers with her harrowing story as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...alth-baby.html

Is it something about UK people
, or the UK news tabloids? I can't figure it out.

Yeh we are a boring lot in the UK. not like them boys in the USA who take machine guns into schools and play shoot the pupil.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil
This reminds me of the pharmacies in the US that refuse to fill prescriptions for birth control because of their religious beliefs - do you think that's OK too?
No... that is completely different. We are talking about a woman who is already pregnant.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:07 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
This is high brow journalism:

NAZI BOY DENIED BIRTHDAY CAKE

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_w..._with_naz.html
not sure that one had a happy ending: last I heard the kid and his equally daft-monikered siblings got taken into custody of state social services
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:09 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
not sure that one had a happy ending: last I heard the kid and his equally daft-monikered siblings got taken into custody of state social services
That's not that unhappy of an ending if you ask me. Those parents had some serious mental malfunctions. Wasn't it the dad that went to the press to complain to begin with??
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:14 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
That's not that unhappy of an ending if you ask me. Those parents had some serious mental malfunctions.
did social services step in for reasons other than the ridiculous names? I couldn't immediately find any allegations of abuse or neglect other than that.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:16 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by elfman
did social services step in for reasons other than the ridiculous names? I couldn't immediately find any allegations of abuse or neglect other than that.
I can't remember exactly what but it was definitely more than just the names. I'll see what I can find. brb!

edit: Nevermind. The court records are sealed.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:16 am
Banned

london52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to all

[QUOTE=exvj;7443721]Are you talking BRAINS - it's a fair pint that

not like your watery london beer with no head on it[/QUOTE]

ever tried London pride always winning camra awards...you aint no drinker
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:18 am
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

send em all to asia on a 'youth-and-asia' project
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

LondonTown is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: What is it with some people in the UK?

Originally Posted by exvj
send em all to asia on a 'youth-and-asia' project
And just what is wrong with the youth in asia? "Ali G"
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:24 am
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LondonTown
And just what is wrong with the youth in asia? "Ali G"
I went to Cork in Ireland to meet a Cork Asian but she was white...
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:24 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=london52;7446139]
Originally Posted by exvj
Are you talking BRAINS - it's a fair pint that

not like your watery london beer with no head on it[/QUOTE]

ever tried London pride always winning camra awards...you aint no drinker
I've never had a problem with northern beers having a head on them - they're brewed to be served that way. The biggest crime is when some dullard at Wetherspoons sticks a sparkler on a beer like London Pride to pump it full of air. The end result is simply vile.

I lived in Ealing for the last few years before leaving, and almost every pub in the area was Fullers - and Pride was my pint of choice - always served without a head, just as the brewer intended.

Hmmm... quotes buggered up - never mind.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:41 am
Banned

[QUOTE=tonrob;7446174]
Originally Posted by london52

I've never had a problem with northern beers having a head on them - they're brewed to be served that way. The biggest crime is when some dullard at Wetherspoons sticks a sparkler on a beer like London Pride to pump it full of air. The end result is simply vile.

I lived in Ealing for the last few years before leaving, and almost every pub in the area was Fullers - and Pride was my pint of choice - always served without a head, just as the brewer intended.

Hmmm... quotes buggered up - never mind.
Timothy Taylor's Championship Ales - Landlord or Best is my favourite
It's Yorkshire really but Lancashire pubs have it too...

Best is not at strong and is really nice

Junction pub in Otley or there is one in Haworth after looking round Charlotte Bronte's house with 1,500 Japaneses tourists - it has all the TT range - stone floor larvly !
I was christened in the same church as the Bronte sister's parents were married in - my sole claim to fame

Look >>>>

http://www.guiseleyonline.co.uk/

Now I am in wutherin washington and it don't half wuther !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.