Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

"We want to go home" meet up club

"We want to go home" meet up club

Old Feb 8th 2007, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "We want to go home" meet up club

yeh and all this crap about getting on the mines, my hubbie did his trade down the mines in South Africa and was there for quite a few years.....here he couldnt get one bit of interest from any of the employers!!!, its who you know not what you know, and to be honest half the people we met here we dont wanna know LOL (not Rach and Tracey tho )
Old Feb 8th 2007, 6:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
yeh and all this crap about getting on the mines, my hubbie did his trade down the mines in South Africa and was there for quite a few years.....here he couldnt get one bit of interest from any of the employers!!!, its who you know not what you know, and to be honest half the people we met here we dont wanna know LOL (not Rach and Tracey tho )
Sorry to hear that, the gap between the 'dream' and the reality is as great as the flippin grand canyon. Not always that great here either a lot of tradies dont find work, but end up doing cleaning/shelf stacking work. It would save people a lot of hearthache (and cash) if people were given more a more realistic piccy. Good luck whatever you decide.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Ok see you all next friday at 12,

Looking forward to it..

Had my first encounter with a pommie basher yesterday at Kingsway Woolworths,
My youngest has a cold and as we were waiting to be served at the Deli counter he sneezed, (he was sitting in his buggy) A man standing near me gave me a funny look, me being polite said sorry he woke this morning with
h a stinky cold, with that the guy said Bloody Poms grabbed his stuff and walked off leaving me shocked, stunned, and speechless

After composing myself I walked around the bloody shop looking for him to give him a piece of my mind but could not find him Bah

Bloody nice ay
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:11 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sandrainaus

Looking forward to it..

My youngest has a cold and as we were waiting to be served at the Deli counter he sneezed, (he was sitting in his buggy) A man standing near me gave me a funny look, me being polite said sorry he woke this morning with
h a stinky cold, with that the guy said Bloody Poms grabbed his stuff and walked off leaving me shocked, stunned, and speechless

After composing myself I walked around the bloody shop looking for him to give him a piece of my mind but could not find him Bah

Bloody nice ay
That's horrible! Was he a grumpy old man do you think or just having a bad day?
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
That's horrible! Was he a grumpy old man do you think or just having a bad day?
He just looked like a miserable old man,

Even the girl behind the counter looked shocked.

Silly old man..
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:48 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

He just looked like a miserable old man,

Even the girl behind the counter looked shocked.

Silly old man..
He should still no better though and that is racist no matter what way you look at it.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Beryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Come on ..lets cut to the chase..why do all men want big d**ks?
To make up for their lack of brains?!!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Beryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
You girls in perth sound a right laugh pity you dont live over here. My experience of perth was just a few weeks, I just couldnt 'get' what the hell there would be to do there after the 6 months novely phase had worn off. Partner was less kind he reckoned i would have lasted 6 weeks.
Your partner was right! 6 weeks is about long enough to see the sights, before you start to see them again, and again, and again!!!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Looking forward to it..

Bloody nice ay
He should bite his bum! I swear if the sodding Aussie bus driver doesn't stop having a go at my son I will have him My poor son as an English accent .
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
This is sooo true. Is it the you need Aussie experience thing?
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by blowfly
He should bite his bum! I swear if the sodding Aussie bus driver doesn't stop having a go at my son I will have him My poor son as an English accent .
My son had all this nonsense when he first started school 2 years ago. Now he has cultivated a convincing Aussie twang, the problems have slightly gone away - but kids at school are the most ruthless when it comes to Pommie bashing. Mind you. I've had my fair share too!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beryl the Peril
My son had all this nonsense when he first started school 2 years ago. Now he has cultivated a convincing Aussie twang, the problems have slightly gone away - but kids at school are the most ruthless when it comes to Pommie bashing. Mind you. I've had my fair share too!
To be honest it normally doesn't bother me. I don't really mind the word pom, but my son is a good kid and it really P****d me off to day because he really gave it is all about how he felt about here. so I am a tad out of sorts tonight.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by blowfly
To be honest it normally doesn't bother me. I don't really mind the word pom, but my son is a good kid and it really P****d me off to day because he really gave it is all about how he felt about here. so I am a tad out of sorts tonight.
I do understand how you feel. My boy really struggled with it to begin with, which of course upset me too. Things have settled down a lot for him now, largely I think because he managed to rise above it and ignore it as best he could. How old is your son? Mine is nearly 16. He was just 14 when we came out.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 11:54 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking forward to it..

Bloody nice ay
Sandra..how will you know who we are? i will PM you my mobile so when you get there you can text me and i will let you know where we are.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Sandra..how will you know who we are? i will PM you my mobile so when you get there you can text me and i will let you know where we are.
Ok

I will be the one with the 2 little boys in tow and the youngest has WHITE hair

you can't miss us they will let you know were here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.