Reload this Page >

"We want to go home" meet up club

"We want to go home" meet up club

Old Feb 10th 2007, 2:33 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "We want to go home" meet up club

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl

Drag your mind out the gutter you, Beryl's like me, as pure as the day is long.
ermmmm..yeah....whatevvvvver!!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 2:41 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
ermmmm..yeah....whatevvvvver!!
BTW, whereabouts in Worcestershire are you from? I have a friend in Droitwich. It's just beeeeautiful there.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 6:32 am
Account Closed

BTW, whereabouts in Worcestershire are you from? I have a friend in Droitwich. It's just beeeeautiful there.
Hey, I used to live in Droitwich!! I was born and brought up in Bromsgrove which is about 5 miles from Droitwich. Bromsgrove used to be a lovely little market town but it's just an overspill from Redditch and Birmingham now. We will NOT be going back to live there!!

We will hopefully head back to Herefordshire (Gods country!) or the South West.

Where will you head back too?
Old Feb 10th 2007, 6:55 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I used to live in Droitwich!! I was born and brought up in Bromsgrove which is about 5 miles from Droitwich. Bromsgrove used to be a lovely little market town but it's just an overspill from Redditch and Birmingham now. We will NOT be going back to live there!!

Not sure yet. Might try the Reading area as my sister lives in Tilehurst and it is very nice. Then again, most of my family live in Herts./North London borders, so we'll leave our options open. I know I don't want to be too far away from them when we do finally get home though. That's the whole point!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 9:57 pm

SavBlancGal is an unknown quantity at this point

I was born and bred in Bromsgrove too - well, Marlbrook just up the road. Left in 1972 (child immigrant). Yes it's certainly changed a great deal. Went back first time in 1994, then again in 2004 - don't think I could live there again but somewhere else in England would do. Yearn to return 'home' to live as an adult but kiwi hubby dead against it. Trying to work out how to do it anyway without rocking the marital boat too much. Wish I could fly over for the meet up, but Perth just a bit too far away from here (Tauranga, NZ)... everywhere is too far away really!!!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Beryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't she just. So hubby said yes?
Yes - ish! He says he knows it is ultimately for the best - particulalry with friends and family in mind, and giving our son a solid home base from where he can bounce off to other parts of the world if he chooses to when he's a bit older. We just feel it's important that England is his base, given that he's an only child, and he has masses of extended family there who will always be there for him. But both OH and son struggled with what they will be leaving behind here, namely sun, sea, surf, boating, motorbiking etc.. OH particularly can't believe we're giving all that up. So I try and make encouraging noises like "Oh but we can do all that in England in the summer!" (er, um - probably not!) Anyway, sorry to desert you girls - I do think you should be coming too!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

I think I'll join you on Friday, what time again? Sandra, I can pick you up if you like, Flynn will be at daycare but I'll have the baby with me so yours can fit in the car.

Jo
Old Feb 10th 2007, 11:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by SavBlancGal
I was born and bred in Bromsgrove too - well, Marlbrook just up the road. Left in 1972 (child immigrant). Yes it's certainly changed a great deal. Went back first time in 1994, then again in 2004 - don't think I could live there again but somewhere else in England would do. Yearn to return 'home' to live as an adult but kiwi hubby dead against it. Trying to work out how to do it anyway without rocking the marital boat too much. Wish I could fly over for the meet up, but Perth just a bit too far away from here (Tauranga, NZ)... everywhere is too far away really!!!
What a small world. I was brought up on The Old Birmingham Road....MARLBROOK!!! It was such a nice place to grow up in but there is no way on earth I will go back there to live now. It's changed for the worse!

Why don't you as your hubby if he'll try to live there for two years then see how it's going?
Old Feb 10th 2007, 11:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by clougherty family
Hi all,

I think I'll join you on Friday, what time again? Sandra, I can pick you up if you like, Flynn will be at daycare but I'll have the baby with me so yours can fit in the car.

Jo
It's 12 at The Boat. Be glad to meet you. Although, you are going home really soon aren't you? Mmmmm....maybe we'll have to give you some serious aggro because we'll all be so damn jealous!! Not really...honest.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

It's 12 at The Boat. Be glad to meet you. Although, you are going home really soon aren't you? Mmmmm....maybe we'll have to give you some serious aggro because we'll all be so damn jealous!! Not really...honest.
TRYING to go home soon! House hasn't sold yet, anyone from the other side want a lovely 4x2 with pool in Kingsley PLEASE SOMEONE BUY IT !!!

Jo
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Beryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond repute

Both Hereford & S.West good choices. Hereford is my 2nd home - I've got family there and have visited it for years. South West is lovely. Cornwall, Devon and Dorset all nice. We'll be going back to Dorset in July!! Sorry I can't join you on Friday - I'd love to, but I will be at work (and I'm the boss, so I have to keep myself in order!!)
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Beryl the Peril
Both Hereford & S.West good choices. Hereford is my 2nd home - I've got family there and have visited it for years. South West is lovely. Cornwall, Devon and Dorset all nice. We'll be going back to Dorset in July!! Sorry I can't join you on Friday - I'd love to, but I will be at work (and I'm the boss, so I have to keep myself in order!!)
I love Dorset spent some of the best years down there.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

Tina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant future

Hi there girls, mind if I join you on Friday? We sold our house yesterday (for the third time............(long stories!) and if all goes according to plan should be home end of March. I will have my 18month old son with me so can't guarantee how long he will allow me to stay but I see Jo is attending so will pop over to say hi and catch up!
Tina
Old Feb 12th 2007, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

The more the merrier!!

Kath
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:11 am
Account Closed

Ditto Kath. It's going to be lovely meeting so many new faces

However, seen as you are going home in March, I think it's only fair that you expect to get some SERIOUS stick from those of us (as in MOI) who've still got a HUGE sentence to serve before being paroled!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.