Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

"We want to go home" meet up club

"We want to go home" meet up club

Old Feb 8th 2007, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "We want to go home" meet up club

My very first week in Perth I was in bunnings with my friend and we was both feeling really upset and the girl on the counter was asking us how long we had been here, my friend had been here a couple of months, me a week I was upset and so was she, so we said we were finding it hard etc, anyway, to cut a long story short, came out of Bunnings this ozzie guy in a white ute screeched to a hault wound down his window and told my to f... off back to UK if that was the way I felt!!! arrogant little twerp me and my friend just stood there, what a lovely lasting moment that was NOT!!! Lets see half of them go and live 19 thousand miles away from their family trying to do the best for their family and finding it hard, see how they feel about it.... what a twat!!!!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

hello kath!

nice to see (well, read..) you on a thread again. Just to piss you off girls...its been snowing all night, woke up and its proper snow - you know the sort that settles a while and loads of kids out like mad things snowballing? It looks lovely. But i know im an adult cos when a snowball hit me, i said "Dont, I dont like it!" (WTF!) Maybe Perth has addled me?!
Anyway, just to say, have a nice night Fri and if i was still there would join you and if i have to return, will beg you to take me there with you!

have a good drink
c xx
Old Feb 8th 2007, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
My very first week in Perth I was in bunnings with my friend and we was both feeling really upset and the girl on the counter was asking us how long we had been here, my friend had been here a couple of months, me a week I was upset and so was she, so we said we were finding it hard etc, anyway, to cut a long story short, came out of Bunnings this ozzie guy in a white ute screeched to a hault wound down his window and told my to f... off back to UK if that was the way I felt!!! arrogant little twerp me and my friend just stood there, what a lovely lasting moment that was NOT!!! Lets see half of them go and live 19 thousand miles away from their family trying to do the best for their family and finding it hard, see how they feel about it.... what a twat!!!!
i had something a bit similar..
went to Byford to visit dog, and wanted to give him some special dog food but they said i wasnt allowed to because they are only allowed to eat Byford dogfood. (?) And so for some reason i started crying. It wasnt to do with being in Oz really - it was cos the dog was in kennels and i felt really cruel/guilty as hed never been in kennels and hes like a family member.
But this guy who was behind me in the queue said, how long you been here? I said "oh less than a month". he said "if you cant hack it, crying like that you wont be able to cope in this country" and to go home. WTF? !
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Beryl the Peril
I do understand how you feel. My boy really struggled with it to begin with, which of course upset me too. Things have settled down a lot for him now, largely I think because he managed to rise above it and ignore it as best he could. How old is your son? Mine is nearly 16. He was just 14 when we came out.
My son is 17 he turns 18 this year. he has also managed to rise above it,but I suppose he just spilled over.

You have benn here 2 years then?
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:28 pm
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

What you should do is what I do, vote with your wallet. Now I spend a fair wack every time I replace a cycle or a guitar. Currently I have one bike that was bought for $6.5k 4yrs ago and another at $6k bought last year. (and trust me, you don't want to know how expensive cycling shoes and clothing is ) My two guitars are pretty high end and worth about $11-12k together. I'm not rich by any means but I try to buy quality. Guitars aren't so bad as they tend to last for life, but cycles are more fragile and more disposable (relatively).

I'm involved in a triathlon forum here and in the UK, and I get a fair bit of English bashing on the forum here and of course being the shy retiring wallflower I am, I give it back. It's all a bit of a laugh. But there are a few posters there that launch with such vitriol it made me wonder.

If that's a cross section of the triathlon community (which is small), the chances of that sentiment being held in the wider community is very high. So, about a year ago I decided to spend as little money in possible in Australia, as I for one don't intend to line the pockets of someone who takes pleasure in bashing my country for no other reason than we had the audacity to come and build theirs in the first place. (I now know why there is such a salinity problem here, it's because they need extra salt to go with the chips they have on both shoulders!)

So i order all my cycle parts from Parker in the UK, my shoes come from Clarks either via my parents, on holidays or online. My shirts and suits come from Tyrwhits, and all my guitar spares come from strings direct or other online stores.

I can't do much about groceries, but we buy mostly from Korean shops in Eastwood anyway, you're ok there if you're English, they haven't forgotten we were in their war against the north

All my 'bits and bobs' clothes come from the UN (read family) birthday and Xmas box drop and I just make em last until the next birthday or Xmas.

You can't spend everything in the UK but I make sure I spend as little here as possible, 'cos you never with these dingos, they'll take your money in one hand with a smile (if you're lucky) and mumble '***** off back to Pommiland' as you're walking away.

Stuff em I say, cash is king
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

That is one of the problems though. People who behave that way have no real comprehension what it is like,to leave your home,family. friends etc. Their are people that never go to another country, not even for a holiday and this can apply to anybody anywhere are usually arrogant and small in their outlook.

I am sorry you have been going through the ups and downs of moving,and I hope they pass soon. I have started to get to get aggressive recently and give as good as I get. I reckon too much sun does things to the brain
Old Feb 9th 2007, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chance to be
hello kath!

nice to see (well, read..) you on a thread again. Just to piss you off girls...its been snowing all night, woke up and its proper snow - you know the sort that settles a while and loads of kids out like mad things snowballing? It looks lovely. But i know im an adult cos when a snowball hit me, i said "Dont, I dont like it!" (WTF!) Maybe Perth has addled me?!
Anyway, just to say, have a nice night Fri and if i was still there would join you and if i have to return, will beg you to take me there with you!

have a good drink
c xx

Hiya glad to hear that your doing ok!!! Yeh well you know what Im like, been desperately trying to make it work here, but had soo much crap just had enough of it all pm me with your gossip when you get time I wanna know LOL and I tell you!!!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

You've all gotta read the book I have just read gives you a lot of inspiration its called

"Who moved my Cheese?" and its written by Spencer Johnson, M.D.

thanks to my mate who gave it to me its deffo one for cheering you up and making you positive,.

BTW Brie is my cheese
Old Feb 9th 2007, 7:42 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

You've all gotta read the book I have just read gives you a lot of inspiration its called

"Who moved my Cheese?" and its written by Spencer Johnson, M.D.

thanks to my mate who gave it to me its deffo one for cheering you up and making you positive,.

BTW Brie is my cheese
Kath, i'm getting worried about you
Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Beryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond repute

This really doesn't surprise me. When I lived in Sydney 20 years ago, I got fired at least 3 times, for reasons that I never understood. Once was because of my accent (!) On another one occasion I was doing the dullest temp job in the world (key punching for those of you who remember that mind-numbingly boring work), and I had a bit of a 'joke' with the girl next to me - like a foolish pom - I said something like 'this is the most boring job I've ever done!' She laughed and agreed. But within about an hour, the agency rang me and said 'they don't want you back after today' - when I asked why? she said 'they don't like your attitude towards the job' - Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttt???????????? I have also managed to get myself on the wrong side of Aussies in Perth umpteen times, to the point when I now just refuse to work with or for them. I have my own business and that is how it will stay, until I get out of this place, hopefully by July!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:32 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

hopefully by July!
July...JULY...oh no Mrs, you cannot abandon us on this sinking ship!!

You lucky, lucky,lucky .....
Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:36 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
July...JULY...oh no Mrs, you cannot abandon us on this sinking ship!!

You lucky, lucky,lucky .....
Isn't she just. So hubby said yes?
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

This really doesn't surprise me. When I lived in Sydney 20 years ago, I got fired at least 3 times, for reasons that I never understood. Once was because of my accent (!) On another one occasion I was doing the dullest temp job in the world (key punching for those of you who remember that mind-numbingly boring work), and I had a bit of a 'joke' with the girl next to me - like a foolish pom - I said something like 'this is the most boring job I've ever done!' She laughed and agreed. But within about an hour, the agency rang me and said 'they don't want you back after today' - when I asked why? she said 'they don't like your attitude towards the job' - Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttt???????????? I have also managed to get myself on the wrong side of Aussies in Perth umpteen times, to the point when I now just refuse to work with or for them. I have my own business and that is how it will stay, until I get out of this place, hopefully by July!
You have to watch what you say even in jest. Shame about the job though.
Chin up luv
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:15 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
So hubby said yes?
To what exactly?
Old Feb 10th 2007, 12:18 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
To what exactly?

Drag your mind out the gutter you, Beryl's like me, as pure as the day is long.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.