Wikiposts

The UK pics thread...

Old May 27th 2007, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

PLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The UK pics thread...

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Plants did ask didnt she...
love them too btw...and delphiniums

No, don't think I have a Delphinium but I do have a Foxglove or at least I think thats what it is anyway, I always get these two mixed up.

Di
Attached Thumbnails The UK pics thread...-2006-june-17th-spencer-alfie-garden-074.jpg  
Old May 27th 2007, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

PLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by northernbird
I love those as well along with Bleeding Hearts, we had loads of them in our garden.
Think this is it!

Di
Attached Thumbnails The UK pics thread...-2006-may-001.jpg  
Old May 27th 2007, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PLANTS
No, don't think I have a Delphinium but I do have a Foxglove or at least I think thats what it is anyway, I always get these two mixed up.

Di
Ahhh Di, you sweetie

yes thats a foxglove.....lovely....
Old May 27th 2007, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

The Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Go on then, please show me a piccie of my favourite flower; Aquilegia. So intricate and a wonderful cottage garden flower coming into bloom in the spring. I used to have loads of them in my garden. Go on, make my day!!!
Got loads of those in my garden. They grow like weeds here!

Will take a pic as soon as it stops bloody raining!
Old May 27th 2007, 11:22 pm
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute

I am looking forward to being able to grow pretty flowers again! My wedding bouquet was made up completely of flowers from my garden in Kent.
Old May 27th 2007, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alicecat
Loving these pics. Great idea wafc! Now where are your pics of Wigan? The George Orwell on the Pier? Winter's Hill? Three Sisters in Ashton?
Thanks,

Sadly I dont have many UK pics, I was just saying to another poster that you take for granted the sc enery etc in the UK when you live there everyday. I'll be taking a lot more pics when we get back!
Old May 27th 2007, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

The Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wafc
Thanks,

Sadly I dont have many UK pics, I was just saying to another poster that you take for granted the sc enery etc in the UK when you live there everyday. I'll be taking a lot more pics when we get back!
Try www.oyphotos.co.uk/photos/landscape/Wigan/wig... for some lovely pics of Wigan!
Old May 27th 2007, 11:42 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the pics. Isn't it funny how the simple things (when you haven't got them) make you smile

The foxglove is actually called "Digitalis". A delphinium is very similar but is cultivated and not a wild flower. Don't think it's poisonous either!

I used to have the 'poached egg' flowers all over my garden. Pesky things would just shoot up everywhere. Very pretty though.
Old May 28th 2007, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Smiths
Try www.oyphotos.co.uk/photos/landscape/Wigan/wig... for some lovely pics of Wigan!
Cheers for the link, although it doesn't appear to be working.

I think the guy who's taken the photo's posts on the "Wigan World" forums, he's pretty good with a camera!

EDIT - I've managed to get the pics working. This link appears to work: http://www.oyphotos.co.uk/photos/lan..._1/wigan_1.htm

Last edited by wafc; May 28th 2007 at 2:17 am.
Old May 28th 2007, 2:35 am
Account Closed

daisylilymum is an unknown quantity at this point

Another snow one
Attached Thumbnails The UK pics thread...-img_2630.jpg  
Old May 29th 2007, 4:44 am
Just Joined

SidTheShark is an unknown quantity at this point

West Pier, Brighton;

Last edited by SidTheShark; May 29th 2007 at 4:46 am.
Old May 29th 2007, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for the link, although it doesn't appear to be working.

I think the guy who's taken the photo's posts on the "Wigan World" forums, he's pretty good with a camera!

EDIT - I've managed to get the pics working. This link appears to work: http://www.oyphotos.co.uk/photos/lan..._1/wigan_1.htm
Thanks Stu. Them pics brought back nice memories I can tell you. Pennington flash and the 3 sisters at Ashton/Bryn. My Dad (sadly no longer here) used to be MD of a factory there, (Mathers) he used to have his lunch at the 3 sisters every day in the summer when the weather was nice.
Funny thing is though, I have never noticed how beautiful it all is before. Must be a case of 'dont know what you've got till its gone'.
Old May 29th 2007, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mike&jo
Thanks Stu. Them pics brought back nice memories I can tell you. Pennington flash and the 3 sisters at Ashton/Bryn. My Dad (sadly no longer here) used to be MD of a factory there, (Mathers) he used to have his lunch at the 3 sisters every day in the summer when the weather was nice.
Funny thing is though, I have never noticed how beautiful it all is before. Must be a case of 'dont know what you've got till its gone'.
Yes those pics are nice. Sorry to hear about your dad. Tbh I haven't really ventured around 3 sisters much before, I have been but I'll have to take more of a look when I get back, its only 10 mins away as well. Like you say, when you've lived in a place all of your life you really do take the scenery for granted, I'll be taking a lot more of it in when we return.
Old May 29th 2007, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes those pics are nice. Sorry to hear about your dad. Tbh I haven't really ventured around 3 sisters much before, I have been but I'll have to take more of a look when I get back, its only 10 mins away as well. Like you say, when you've lived in a place all of your life you really do take the scenery for granted, I'll be taking a lot more of it in when we return.
Thats so true, I was amazed at how lovely the pics were of Billinge woods that LouiseD posted a while ago. I was born in Haydock and I grew up there, so we have sankey valley running right through - we too will be a lot more appreciative of our local area when we get home thats for sure!
Old May 29th 2007, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bananahammock
A couple more

1. University 2. Suspension bridge 3. St Mary Redcliffe
Fab shots!! I worked at Bristol Uni for 4 years. I'm not sure if it was me or my brother who was born at Mortimer House - one of us for sure!!

Rachel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.