The UK pics thread...

Old Jul 22nd 2007, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

sarah64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The UK pics thread...

Awww, Camden, home sweet home..............
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Some Pictures I took near my mum's new house in Kent

The UK pics thread...-england-holiday-2007-030.jpg
Attached Thumbnails The UK pics thread...-england-holiday-2007-042.jpg   The UK pics thread...-england-holiday-2007-049.jpg  
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

I've finally had a chance to take my camera out with me! So here are a few shots which I took yesterday as we had a walk up to a place called Rivington Pike on the West Penine Moors in Lancashire.
Attached Thumbnails The UK pics thread...-picture-011.jpg   The UK pics thread...-picture-012.jpg   The UK pics thread...-picture-013.jpg   The UK pics thread...-picture-014.jpg   The UK pics thread...-picture-022.jpg  

Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

zerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: The UK pics thread...

Originally Posted by wafc
I know exactly what you mean! I also hardly have any pics of the UK (I've got quite a few of Oz!), I think when you've lived there all your life you do take it for granted, I shall certainly be taking more pics when we return!
I work with someone here in the UK who works 6 days a week(overtime).Twice each year he goes to Las Vegas for his holidays.He lives in a beautiful area but has never even visited attractions in his own town (RSPB nature reserve etc)nor elsewhere in the UK.He thinks the UK is crap and dreams of living elsewhere-unfortunately too many Brits are like this.

A good idea is to read web reports/blogs from American/Canadian/Aussie etc visitors to Britain to realise how much there is here and how much more visitors appreciate the many good aspects of life in Britain.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

I've finally had a chance to take my camera out with me! So here are a few shots which I took yesterday as we had a walk up to a place called Rivington Pike on the West Penine Moors in Lancashire.
Lovely, used to live in a village outside Blackburn, love the Pennines. Do you know what the building was used for..toll house? Looks interesting.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seasprite
Lovely, used to live in a village outside Blackburn, love the Pennines. Do you know what the building was used for..toll house? Looks interesting.
I'm not sure tbh, the only thing I know about Rivington Pike (thats the pic with the little castle type building on the hill) is that Freddie Flintoff (England cricketer) goes walking up there a lot when he's recovering from injury! lol. Not the best bit of info I know but thats about as far as my knowledge stretches on it.

There's quite a bit of info on it from here though: Link
Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:56 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Great piccies Stu - I love Rivington - we take the doggies up there walking - some lovely views from there isn't there?

Originally Posted by seasprite
It's a pigeon tower. The bigger the pigoen house, the more wealthy the owner - it's part of the Leverhulme estate - the ruins are set in the hills and at the bottom is an anglo saxon design barn which is used for functions now.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Great piccies Stu - I love Rivington - we take the doggies up there walking - some lovely views from there isn't there?

It's a pigeon tower. The bigger the pigoen house, the more wealthy the owner - it's part of the Leverhulme estate - the ruins are set in the hills and at the bottom is an anglo saxon design barn which is used for functions now.
Cheers Louise,

Yeah I like Rivington, I go up there a lot to the barn etc, I used to have a motorbike before I went to Oz so I went to the barns on a Sunday with the bikers.

Its a lovely place. I knew someone would know more about it than me anyway, I have heard about the Leverhulme estate though now you mention it.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 4:02 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zerohero
I work with someone here in the UK who works 6 days a week(overtime).Twice each year he goes to Las Vegas for his holidays.He lives in a beautiful area but has never even visited attractions in his own town (RSPB nature reserve etc)nor elsewhere in the UK.He thinks the UK is crap and dreams of living elsewhere-unfortunately too many Brits are like this.

A good idea is to read web reports/blogs from American/Canadian/Aussie etc visitors to Britain to realise how much there is here and how much more visitors appreciate the many good aspects of life in Britain.
And if that same person lived in the States, not only would he not be able to afford 2 trips to Europe each year, he wouldn't have enough holiday time to go anywhere. :curse: Some people just don't see how good they've got it.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 12:53 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Tanya's thread referring to the hay bales reminded me of this piccie I took last week from my daughter's bedroom window.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Sep 10th 2007, 1:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Tanya's thread referring to the hay bales reminded me of this piccie I took last week from my daughter's bedroom window.

http://<a href="http://i133.photobuc...arvest.jpg</a>
I've never seen big hay bales like that, last time I flow home, was looking out the window and thinking wow them hay bales look like snooker ball's all rapped up in black plastic
Old Sep 10th 2007, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
I've never seen big hay bales like that, last time I flow home, was looking out the window and thinking wow them hay bales look like snooker ball's all rapped up in black plastic
Ahh Louise, thats a lovely picture!!!!!!!!!!! Nice one posting it.
Made me homesick until I remembered I'm back.
Will add some to this thread when my computer arrives, been snapping away.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 5:47 am
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at all the countryside pics makes me realize just how flat Florida really is.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 12:27 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megansmummy
god i feel quite sad looking at some of those pics as it stirs up the homesickness even more!!

It certanly makes you apprecaite how good the UK actually is. So many people slate it but you only have to look at some of these pics to see otherwise

The colour of the grass for one.....!!

Jude
My thoughts exactly. Certainly makes you realise all of the things you took for granted when they were on the doorstep. I cant wait to get back in the new year and start exploring my own country all over again.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
My thoughts exactly. Certainly makes you realise all of the things you took for granted when they were on the doorstep. I cant wait to get back in the new year and start exploring my own country all over again.
wow silly sod so this is where you are now posting, thought you'd gone quiet in the usa forums ... we told you the streets weren't paved with gold in the usa only joking with you coz one has to find out for themselves

i for one love and appreciate my country even more so thanks to the 5 yrs here and can't wait to get home permanently

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.