Wikiposts

The UK pics thread...

Old May 26th 2007, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

megansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The UK pics thread...

god i feel quite sad looking at some of those pics as it stirs up the homesickness even more!!

It certanly makes you apprecaite how good the UK actually is. So many people slate it but you only have to look at some of these pics to see otherwise

The colour of the grass for one.....!!

Jude
Old May 26th 2007, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megansmummy
god i feel quite sad looking at some of those pics as it stirs up the homesickness even more!!

It certanly makes you apprecaite how good the UK actually is. So many people slate it but you only have to look at some of these pics to see otherwise

Jude
Yep I used to slate the UK quite a lot before leaving and I will no doubt still slate it for the things I hate but bugger me, its definitely made me realise that I should be living in the UK as that is most certainly my "home"!
Old May 26th 2007, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megansmummy

Jude

yes, it is greener here than there!
Old May 26th 2007, 8:32 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Ambleside: Sorry don't know how to do the thumbnails.

Old May 26th 2007, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wafc
Yep I used to slate the UK quite a lot before leaving and I will no doubt still slate it for the things I hate but bugger me, its definitely made me realise that I should be living in the UK as that is most certainly my "home"!
After 27 years or so here, I'm now probably carrying more Australian traits than british ones. After my last trip to the UK about 20 months ago (after a 16 year gap) I'm feeling like I missed out on the potential that the UK had to offer, especially as I had a decent job in the square mile in the city.

Fact is I could never go back and be settled, most I could ever hope for is fantastic long term visits.
Old May 26th 2007, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

PLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LouiseD

WOW oh WOW!
Such lovely beautiful scenes.
Whereabouts are they Louise to you?
Thanks for sharing.

Di
Old May 26th 2007, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

PLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to behold

looked through my lot, have more in print that digital so will have to do a bit of scanning but here are a few

1. Stonehenge naturally! My then 10 yr old DS thought it was brilliant
2. Church in Sturminster Newton Dorset where my Mums family are, did a bit of genealogy while I was there!
3. The site where Newbury College was, now townhouses etc. Now called College Mews, Old College Road.
Attached Thumbnails The UK pics thread...-uk-holiday-029.jpg   The UK pics thread...-uk-holiday-023.jpg   The UK pics thread...-uk-holiday-009.jpg  

Last edited by PLANTS; May 26th 2007 at 11:45 am. Reason: spelling
Old May 26th 2007, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

1 & 2 Are Coombe Abbey in Warwickshire, the 2nd a view to the right.
3. Church in Clifton upon Dunsmore, we lived right behind that church.
Nothing outstanding but I love old buildings!

Attached Thumbnails The UK pics thread...-100_3265.jpg   The UK pics thread...-100_3271.jpg   The UK pics thread...-img_0888.jpg  
Old May 26th 2007, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

ok, some snow ones, can't remember if I have posted these another thread, probably have but here goes again anyway as I love 'em!

1 & 2 Clifton upon Dunsmore, Warwickshire
3. Kesgrave Suffolk
Attached Thumbnails The UK pics thread...-img_0913.jpg   The UK pics thread...-img_0917.jpg   The UK pics thread...-img_0667.jpg  

Last edited by PLANTS; May 26th 2007 at 11:45 am. Reason: last sentence wrong
Old May 26th 2007, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Red Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by northernbird
Here are some my family have sent recently, some have people in so apologies for having to look at my families ugly mugs!!

First is somewhere in Wales my sister in law has just spent a week there courtesy of The Sun tokens!
2nd The view from the top of Helvelyn
3rd, view from my sisters caravan near Welshpool.
Lived not too far away from Welshpool, little town called Oswestry
Old May 26th 2007, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Red Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by king kong
just a few from me .From left to right they are 1]View from warwick castle 2]Shrewsbury 3] Durdle door dorset 4] Windsor castle 5]Portland bill
Shrewsbury, wonderful, used to shop there.
Old May 26th 2007, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andy170773
here's a couple I found.

First 3 of Chester then Cornwall(Crantock Village) and Devon(Dawlish).
Always shopped in Chester, great place whatever the weather, just thinking about it, its so switched on, not like the Plaza. Always a buzz.
Old May 26th 2007, 1:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pennyhen2
Always shopped in Chester, great place whatever the weather, just thinking about it, its so switched on, not like the Plaza. Always a buzz.
I used to live in Chester...in fact I am looking to buy an apartment within the city walls by the River Dee.
Old May 26th 2007, 2:18 pm
Wirral to Lake Macquarie

andy170773 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I used to live in Chester...in fact I am looking to buy an apartment within the city walls by the River Dee.
Some more pics of Chester, really miss the busy shops, buskers and general buzz about the place then to relax beside the river and feed the swans with the kids.

Still going to stick it out here in oz for the time being. We are buying a house here OH has a good job so looking at another 2 years max then see how we feel.
Attached Thumbnails The UK pics thread...-eastgatecrowd.jpg   The UK pics thread...-319805-off_the_beaten_path-chester.jpg   The UK pics thread...-908353-riverside-chester.jpg   The UK pics thread...-100_1049.jpg   The UK pics thread...-mersey.jpg  

Old May 26th 2007, 2:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy170773
Some more pics of Chester, really miss the busy shops, buskers and general buzz about the place then to relax beside the river and feed the swans with the kids.

Still going to stick it out here in oz for the time being. We are buying a house here OH has a good job so looking at another 2 years max then see how we feel.
Lovely pics...makes me homesick.

I've been in the US 11 yrs now. I used to take my daughter to feed the pigeons in the gardens of the Cathedral. Happy days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.