UK aint so bad!

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:57 am
Living the nightmare

Dizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to all
Default Re: UK aint so bad!

Can't lie straight in bed

Absolutely FPMSL

Last edited by Dizzillusioned; Jan 22nd 2007 at 9:58 am. Reason: carp spelling again.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:58 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Southerncross
No you don't have to "pretend" to like everything. Maybe you could just try finding one teeny weeny thing you like about the place. I haven't yet and nor do I have any intention of knocking the UK, their people, or their weather, because after all they can't do much about that, can they? Hint, hint!

No I'm too polite to knock someone's home land. Come to think of it, this must make me the only person in Australia to have any manners. And the good news is that I did not have to rely on learning them in England, yay for me. And I even learned how to use a calculator over here as well. I must be something else! But you guys criticising Australia so much and in such a toxic way is much like visiting someone's house and telling them that you hate the way they had decorated it. It's simply a lack of manners. Hey that statement has helped me to connect some dots. Maybe all of those fat, frumpy, rude sales people you all seem to meet up with every day are English??? Maybe you all live in suburbs inhabited predominantly by English people?

As to the remark about me taking so many posts before I resorted to telling you all to catch a plane out of here, well I can see why everyone else eventually comes to the same conclusion. Despite what you all think, we Aussies are obviously smarter than you after all because what other conclusion is there to come to? If I (or any other Aussie for that matter) hated the UK as much as you all hate Australia, you wouldn't see me getting my kicks out of posting on a "I hate the UK site" - I would just buy a plane ticket and go home and join an "I Love Australia" site!

The thing is Southerncross I don't hate the place or the people here - if you had read my previous posts you would know this. I like the weather - I know I've moaned about the hot days and staying inside etc., but I've also posted about the lovely sunny days, the clear blue skies, the lovely views, the palm trees, the sunsets - do you want me to go on? You read a few negative comments and seem to jump to conclusions that we all hate it here. Some do, some don't. All of us have a moan about things - some are petty moans about flies, some are big moans about how we've lost out big time through our move here (not the Aussies faults).

Now to address another comment of yours about not bagging others countries. Maybe you don't do this but many other Aussies do. At every opportunity too. I've lost count of the times that Australians call England. A colleague of mine only the other day did this to me and didn't even realise what she was doing - she's such a lovely person, but I told her my hubby was upset to leave here and she looked at me in astonishment and said "Well he would be wouldn't he? Why on earth would he want to live in England when he could live here". No smile from her, no nastiness, just complete seriousness. It's even on TV adverts - that's bad manners and just plain rude and insulting - and yet we are supposed to just put up with it, else be labelled whinging pommes!

Australia has many good points - it also has bad ones too, so if you choose to come onto this forum and read our posts, please get used to hearing both good and bad comments. We are British. British people point out both.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is being put out of its misery, as it isn't a discussion, its a free fight.