TONY BLAIR NEW BOOK

Old Sep 10th 2010, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TONY BLAIR NEW BOOK

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
Ignore the man B'liar and let's go sailing by him and his ilk.......sailing the waters surrounding this Blair'n'Brown buggered up Island of ours.....via North Utsire, South Utsire, Viking, German Bight, Tyne, Dogger, Humber, Thames, Dover, Wight, Portland, Plymouth, Bailey, Biscay, Fortes, Lundy, Irish Sea, Rockall.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFdas...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNaRB...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWl0Q...eature=related

Sailing By is broadcast every early morning c 00:45hrs prior to the BBC Radio 4UK sea areas Shipping Forecast and is one of the longest running signature tunes on BBC radio.
THANK YOU so much for this - especially the last link - who'd have thought of Brian Perkins doing such subtle comedy!

to quote the man himself, "Bloody Marvellous!"

Cheers

Harry
Old Sep 10th 2010, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed
However much people dislike Blair (and I do, fervently) nobody has yet, to my knowledge, written a song as virulent as "Tramp The Dirt Down," Costello's song about Thatcher
There were quite a few anti-Thatcher/Tory songs written in the past. Billy Bragg comes to mind as do Simply Red...

Old Sep 25th 2010, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

A lackey of the British Trades Union Movement, their muppet of a puppet, has just been elected Leader of the UK Labour Party. Ed Miliband, who beat his bro David by a mere whisker thanks to the ridiculous block voting system which ensured a block vote from the Trades Union Congress, in the palm of the hand of which Eddie baby will surely recline. Now we can all breathe a sigh of relief as this will now surely render the Labour party quite unelectable in this country. New Labour has become Old Labour at a stroke.

The next UK General Election will be held on 07 May 2015 under the new rulings on Parliamentary procedure.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 12:25 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
A lackey of the British Trades Union Movement, their muppet of a puppet, has just been elected Leader of the UK Labour Party. Ed Miliband, who beat his bro David by a mere whisker thanks to the ridiculous block voting system which ensured a block vote from the Trades Union Congress, in the palm of the hand of which Eddie baby will surely recline. Now we can all breathe a sigh of relief as this will now surely render the Labour party quite unelectable in this country. New Labour has become Old Labour at a stroke.

The next UK General Election will be held on 07 May 2015 under the new rulings on Parliamentary procedure.
You've got a lot to learn. The Trades Union Movement represents the British People. 2015? Labour'll be back with a landslide.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
You've got a lot to learn. The Trades Union Movement represents the British People. 2015? Labour'll be back with a landslide.
Not sure about that. I am quite liberal and not anti-trade union at all, but those of us who remember the 70s and all the strikes and "Sunny Jim Callaghan" not giving a hoot about the country (instead going off on a foreign vacation) may not be quite so thrilled with the "Old Labour" coming back. I remember being 9 months pregnant (baby overdue) and standing in a line with my little 2 year old daughter by my side queueing for bread. Bakers were on strike, power workers on strike (random power cuts so I couldn't bake my own bread), garbage collectors on strike (husband having to use our car to take our garbage to the dump so we wouldn't end up with rats in our yard). Those were not fun times and that is why Thatcher and the Tories ended up being elected in 1979 and stayed in power for almost 2 decades (and yes I voted Tory that year, although I was not and have never consider myself a Tory) because people were sick of the strikes. I am not anti trade union, but when trade unions run the country and hold the people to ransom, it is not good.