Told the family

Old Feb 7th 2012, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Told the family

When we move back to the UK I wont tell anyone... other than family who will meet us from the airport.... the surprise would be awesome!
Especially my brother and his wife.. we would love to surprise them and then there is my best mate and our sons god father.... walking up his drive way and knocking on his door.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by LukeandJo
When we move back to the UK I wont tell anyone... other than family who will meet us from the airport.... the surprise would be awesome!
Especially my brother and his wife.. we would love to surprise them and then there is my best mate and our sons god father.... walking up his drive way and knocking on his door.
Great idea, but having at least one family address is useful for me, for sending mail etc. I can't wait I have had 3 shippers in the last 2 days and its getting very exciting.

Why are you moving back if you don't mind me asking.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 3:44 am
Just Joined

Bosspalmer is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been here 18 years/5 months & have been thinking of returning of returning to the UK for the past 6 years but was do attached to my grandnephew from the moment he was born that I found it hard to make up my mind about leaving but he will be 14 next month so I think I can finally leave him behind. Even writing this I feel the anxiety of going. I have no children of my own which is probably why there is this strong pull I've for my grandnephew
Old Feb 16th 2012, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bosspalmer
I've been here 18 years/5 months & have been thinking of returning of returning to the UK for the past 6 years but was do attached to my grandnephew from the moment he was born that I found it hard to make up my mind about leaving but he will be 14 next month so I think I can finally leave him behind. Even writing this I feel the anxiety of going. I have no children of my own which is probably why there is this strong pull I've for my grandnephew
I can understand that, I also have no children but I have nephew, niece and I am godmother to godchildren. I had the same feelings as you, however we communicate all the time on Facebook. You can always fly back as flying back from the UK is usually so much cheaper.

You can't put your life on hold for others, what happens when he goes to college/uni or finds a girlfriend. Do things for you and you both will make time for each other whenever it happens.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Bosspalmer is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Back2UK what you said is so true & I know this but it's so hard but once I make that final leapt I'm sure I'll be okay. I'll let you know when I've finally landed on British soil once again
Old Feb 17th 2012, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bosspalmer
Thanks Back2UK what you said is so true & I know this but it's so hard but once I make that final leapt I'm sure I'll be okay. I'll let you know when I've finally landed on British soil once again
Please do I would love to know how you are getting on.