British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Told the family (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/told-family-747481/)

Back2UK Feb 5th 2012 2:41 am

Told the family

Still planning for my return to the UK, shippers scheduled to quote on Monday and Tuesday, Realtors arranged for Friday regarding the sale of my house.

I have not announced the news to friends in Canada or the UK as yet, however told my family yesterday on the phone and there was tears of joy and excitement. My family are so pleased that we are coming home.
I had a friend begging me to come home last week and I had to grit my teeth and not tell her yet, now that was hard. I will expect I will be breaking the news to all my family and friends in the next couple of weeks.

I am excited to be returning to the UK after 3 years in Canada.

Whoop Whoop.:)

Brigette Feb 5th 2012 3:06 am

Re: Told the family

I am so happy and excited for you. Congrats! I can only imagine how you feel. I cannot wait until I am in that stage of moving back home.

Mummy in the foothills Feb 5th 2012 3:57 am

Congratulations.

jemima55 Feb 5th 2012 4:18 am

So glad everyone`s SO excited! Good luck with selling the house. We are at that stage too! Good luck! My amazing news was that while fossicking in the shed I found a tin of the original paint used to paint or walls so I can repaint/touch up and buy more if needed! I`d been messing around up till now not being able to match the finish or shade.

ppc25 Feb 5th 2012 7:43 am

Congratulations, if its what your heart wants you wont regret the move. we have been back 8 weeks now after spending 6 years in Saskatchewan, we moved to a slightly diffrent area than where we used to live but still close enough to family and i got a job within three weeks. TBH it was the first job i liked and applied for,so it can be done just keep possative:)

Back2UK Feb 5th 2012 4:44 pm

Thanks everyone its a great feeling.x

Lorry1 Feb 6th 2012 1:03 am

Congrats BacktoUK. I can't wait to get to that point either! :)

Back2UK Feb 6th 2012 3:39 am

I am actually shocked about the amount of people returning home.:)

AllyS Feb 6th 2012 6:39 am

Great news, and well done. Its a big decision.

jemima55 Feb 6th 2012 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Back2UK (Post 9886910)
I am actually shocked about the amount of people returning home.:)

Yeah, I hope we`re not disappointed :eek:

Back2UK Feb 6th 2012 8:09 am

Originally Posted by jemima55 (Post 9887364)

We won't be, when do you intend to go home?

jemima55 Feb 6th 2012 9:30 am

Late summer, fingers crossed:fingerscrossed:

dollface Feb 6th 2012 9:31 am

You can say that again:lol::unsure:

sallysimmons Feb 7th 2012 12:36 am

If we are, we're going to have to make the best of things because I know I for one don't have it in me to do this again!

At least as Brits we're genetically prepared for making do and putting on a brave face :lol:

dollface Feb 7th 2012 12:45 am

Originally Posted by sallysimmons (Post 9888526)
If we are, we're going to have to make the best of things because I know I for one don't have it in me to do this again!

At least as Brits we're genetically prepared for making do and putting on a brave face :lol:

:lol: indeed. So why couldn't we just settle abroad?

Like you, whether this works out or not, it's the last move, so :fingerscrossed: