Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Thinking about moving back

Thinking about moving back

Old Apr 18th 2018, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

chasingsun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thinking about moving back

The main issue is No way can I move there for 6 months alone to settle and sponser him.

I could take the kids but then I would be limited to what hours I could work. If I leave the kids here my eldest would have huge anxiety. Also if I leave them here and there dad will have to quit his job to watch them..

SO for now there are to many negatives in regards to getting a visa for him to join us.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chasingsun
The main issue is No way can I move there for 6 months alone to settle and sponser him.

I could take the kids but then I would be limited to what hours I could work. If I leave the kids here my eldest would have huge anxiety. Also if I leave them here and there dad will have to quit his job to watch them..

SO for now there are to many negatives in regards to getting a visa for him to join us.
You say that you have 60K in funds (Canadian dollars I presume) and around 40K in equity from selling your home. At today's exchange rate that puts you at around 55K GBP. You need 62,500GBP to qualify under savings route.

Any chance of family chipping in something?
Old Apr 19th 2018, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

we can access over $100k if we need to, Its just all tied in different things that we cant cash out until we leave Canada. Then transfer over. I will have to have a look at this option. I also have twenty thousand uk pounds in a account over there. Its my inheritance from my dad. SO I just left it there as a emergency fund.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You say that you have 60K in funds (Canadian dollars I presume) and around 40K in equity from selling your home. At today's exchange rate that puts you at around 55K GBP. You need 62,500GBP to qualify under savings route.

Any chance of family chipping in something?

Do you actually physically need the money or can you show you have it. Like I said we have it is just tied into RRSPS and RESPS, GICs and so on. Its there just don't want to take it out until we need it after the move.
Old Apr 30th 2018, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

My Partner applied for a few jobs in the uk that he is qualified for, Hopefully one of these pans out for him..

If we go and he stays for 6 months on a tourist visa while I work, he can leave after the 6 months and I can sponser him that way . Is that allowed... My son has a medical condition where its hard to handle alone if he gets sick, so we would need both of us to cover this scenario.

We have enough in savings to apply that way but $25000 of it is locked until retirement.
Old May 3rd 2018, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

SO after a bit of a house reno and tidying up, we will have cash of $150000 equity in our house. SO I believe e could apply the savings route with this.

But we need the sale to be complete and cash in the bank before we apply. Is that correct.

How long does the average application take from this point.

I am still thinking to go over with him on a visitor visa, Get us settled in a rental then he comes back and applies. Is that acceptable.

My mum starts Chemo treatments next week and then has to have heart valve replacement surgery, so we really dont want to miss sending any time with her.

If we explain this on the application will it have any impact.

I feel like I take 10 steps forward and 100 back.
Old May 3rd 2018, 1:48 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

SO after a bit of a house reno and tidying up, we will have cash of $150000 equity in our house. SO I believe e could apply the savings route with this.

But we need the sale to be complete and cash in the bank before we apply. Is that correct.
Correct.

How long does the average application take from this point.
https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/

I am still thinking to go over with him on a visitor visa, Get us settled in a rental then he comes back and applies. Is that acceptable.
As a Canadian passport holder your partner doesn't need a visa to visit the UK. He can come with you as a visitor before returning to Canada but it would be advisable to bring evidence of his sufficient ties to Canada in your carry-on. The Immigration Officer at the UK border still could refuse to give him Leave to Enter if he or she does not believe that he is a genuine visitor.

My mum starts Chemo treatments next week and then has to have heart valve replacement surgery, so we really dont want to miss sending any time with her.

If we explain this on the application will it have any impact.

I feel like I take 10 steps forward and 100 back.
Probably not. Going on ahead, with or without your partner, is your best option.
Old May 3rd 2018, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks.. The house should be going on Market this week. I am hoping to fly over for a quick trip to see my mum and find a rental house there for us.. Then come back and finish packing up the house. Then go back at the end of June once school is out.
Old May 3rd 2018, 5:32 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.. The house should be going on Market this week. I am hoping to fly over for a quick trip to see my mum and find a rental house there for us.. Then come back and finish packing up the house. Then go back at the end of June once school is out.
For your spouse to meet the accommodation requirements, you'll need a signed letter from your new landlord. The letter should state that the landlord agrees to add your husband to the tenancy agreement once he has his settlement visa.
Old May 3rd 2018, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

We are looking at renting through a friend, so that shouldn't be a problem at all. Although if he gets a job offer I wont have to worry about all this stuff...

I am slowly trying to sell stuff to get prepared. Im Just taking the cats, the kids Lego and books and clothes.. Time for a fresh start.
Old May 3rd 2018, 7:44 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

We are looking at renting through a friend, so that shouldn't be a problem at all. Although if he gets a job offer I wont have to worry about all this stuff...

I am slowly trying to sell stuff to get prepared. Im Just taking the cats, the kids Lego and books and clothes.. Time for a fresh start.
A fresh start's always good. Sorry but not sure what you mean by you won't have to worry if your husband gets a job - he'll still need to meet the accommodation requirement and rules in his application.
Old May 3rd 2018, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

I wont have to stress as much about stuff regarding savings and rushing to sell the house. ANd then its all in his court to get organised.. And we can use the money we have to buy a house in the UK.. The house we want is 155000 UK so we can buy that.

So basically I was saying he has to sort his visa out rather than me. Lol..
Old May 4th 2018, 11:33 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

I wont have to stress as much about stuff regarding savings and rushing to sell the house. ANd then its all in his court to get organised.. And we can use the money we have to buy a house in the UK.. The house we want is 155000 UK so we can buy that.

So basically I was saying he has to sort his visa out rather than me. Lol..
just checking but you do realise that you are the sponsor, therefore you cant just leave it up to him? and its your income, your job that matters for spouse visa, not his.
Old May 4th 2018, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

I realise that. If we go the family visa route we will be using savings rather than income. And getting jobs on arrival in the uk. I am at a SAHM here . I believe if we go the savings route we don't need to prove income or jobs in the uk.. I may not be able to work straight away and will probably get carers allowance for looking after my mum and making sure she gets to her appointments safely. Its really a tough situation to predict the outcome.

Or I may just go and leave everyone behind here.

But if he gets the job he has applied for he will be sponsored so from what I understand I don't need to sponser him. But maybe I am totally wrong, Its all very confusing.
Old May 4th 2018, 12:29 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I realise that. If we go the family visa route we will be using savings rather than income. And getting jobs on arrival in the uk. I am at a SAHM here . I believe if we go the savings route we don't need to prove income or jobs in the uk.. I may not be able to work straight away and will probably get carers allowance for looking after my mum and making sure she gets to her appointments safely. Its really a tough situation to predict the outcome.

Or I may just go and leave everyone behind here.

But if he gets the job he has applied for he will be sponsored so from what I understand I don't need to sponser him. But maybe I am totally wrong, Its all very confusing.
Your partner could effectively do the whole application himself if you are relying on savings. As I mentioned previously getting married would make life a lot easier in terms of paperwork and make a refusal based on your relationship a lot less likely. Your partner can only be sponsored by an employer in the UK if they are willing and able to do so. It would also tie his immigration status to the whim of his employer - not a good idea if you can avoid it. Applying for a spouse visa via the savings route is a much better way to go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.