Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Is there anything to beware of when reurning from the Antipodes?

Is there anything to beware of when reurning from the Antipodes?

Old Jul 16th 2013, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

yozzernz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is there anything to beware of when reurning from the Antipodes?

Originally Posted by TheEmperorIsNaked
Ditto...
Where are you now emperor and when do you plan to head back?
Old Jul 16th 2013, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yozzernz
Where are you now emperor and when do you plan to head back?
Adelaide. 36 years..... November. 126 days and counting !!!
Old Jul 16th 2013, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

yozzernz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheEmperorIsNaked
Adelaide. 36 years..... November. 126 days and counting !!!
You outlasted us in Adelaide, we lasted 4 months!!! Most expensive 4 months ever. And why are you heading back after all those years?
Old Jul 16th 2013, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute

You outlasted us in Adelaide, we lasted 4 months!!! Most expensive 4 months ever. And why are you heading back after all those years?
Sorry yozz, I've been very tied up reading a very long upbeat thread, and I ain't finished yet!

I wrote a post at length in 'Reality and Perception' about my feelings, and in a thread by Cumbrian Lass; I won't write it again!
Suffice it to say, that I actually accepted that Australia was now my country, and I set to to settle down.

But I never did. I never once settled to being 'an Aussie'. I just wouldn't consciously acknowledge it after an early desire to return, when I promised my very distressed little grandson that I would stay.

I could go much further into my reasons for not 'jelling', but frankly it would get a little impolite, so I'll leave it at that!
Old Jul 18th 2013, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

So me pretending to live with the wrinklies wouldn't cost them? Infact wouldn't it save them if they bring in this bedroom tax?
So me pretending to live with the wrinklies wouldn't cost them? Infact wouldn't it save them if they bring in this bedroom tax?
There is no such thing in the UK as a "bedroom tax".

The phrase is used by some of the media to describe changes to housing benefit.
The Housing benefit paid by HMG is being reduced for some benefit claimants if they have extra bedrooms they are not using. It only applies to claimants of housing benefit, not to housing.
So unless your parents are in receipt of housing benefit, it will make no difference at all. If they are in receipt, I rather suspect it might take awhile. Council housing departments are not noted for their efficiency.