Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

That's the spouse visa application finished

That's the spouse visa application finished

Old Oct 23rd 2015, 2:34 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: That's the spouse visa application finished

Originally Posted by Editha
I got in a similar state about my application for a residency visa in Canada. I was asked to list every organisation I'd been a member of since I was 18. It was a long list because I've always been an activist. When my visa was delayed for months I started fantasising that it was because I'd been a member of Vietnam Solidarity when I was 17.
We do get ourselves in a state! Re your membership of Vietnam Solidarity, I wonder if it would have been an impediment if you were applying for US residency? Probably not, I don't think the technology was sophisticated enough.

Coincidentally, I was also involved in activism regarding the Vietnam war, albeit from a different perspective. It was the conscription of Australian men that sent me on a march down Hay Street in Perth - I was 14 and my Mum thought I was staying over a friend's house
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 2:36 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Today I've paid over 400 pounds in water, gas and electricity bills for the UK house. If I don't get the visa, I wonder if I can get a refund?
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 2:39 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by formula
feelbritish is an inspiration to everyone. She made sure she dotted all her i's and crossed all the t's for her visa.
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Today I've paid over 400 pounds in water, gas and electricity bills for the UK house. If I don't get the visa, I wonder if I can get a refund?
You will get your visa. Just think of the fun you will have using that £400 up.

Relax and make the most of your last few days in Oz. When are you planning to arrive?
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

You've settled in so well that you're a bit of an inspiration to me, FB. So glad that both you and your husband are enjoying being back.
Thanks and here is another tip which I got from a friend this week: make sure you have activities separate to your OH so that you also make up a life for yourself and do it quickly! OH and I have both retired him from full time work and me from being home bound all the time and although only 3 weeks we do need to have separate space although he does not think so! I am working on this and it was also his idea to go back to our old town and house and when you both retire together there are adjustment periods.
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

feelbritish is an inspiration to everyone. She made sure she dotted all her i's and crossed all the t's for her visa to return to the UK.
Thank you formula, that means a lot to me! I did get most of my help and inspiration from this forum and our friends on here but I am a very organised person and that helped. I am already reading up about the second bout of applications as I hate surprises and am getting bills in both names sorted plus where to keep money accessible!
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 11:18 pm
Concierge

You will get your visa. Just think of the fun you will have using that £400 up.

Relax and make the most of your last few days in Oz. When are you planning to arrive?
I'm sending the mutt off in a few days, my flight's booked for a few days after that. However, in my cautious way I've booked a fully flexible ticket so I can change the dates. I like your confidence though!
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 11:31 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by feelbritish
Thanks and here is another tip which I got from a friend this week: make sure you have activities separate to your OH so that you also make up a life for yourself and do it quickly! OH and I have both retired him from full time work and me from being home bound all the time and although only 3 weeks we do need to have separate space although he does not think so! I am working on this and it was also his idea to go back to our old town and house and when you both retire together there are adjustment periods.
I agree about maintaining your own interests and activities, FB. Scouse and I have both taken early retirement and although we both enjoy the 24/7 thing, I do take myself off now and then for lunch with friends, catch ups with my sisters etc. Like your partner, he's not so bothered and is quite happy pottering around the house - he's always thinking up new projects to work on.

I'd like to do some volunteer work once I'm settled in and have already had an approach from an NHS trust to consider applying for membership of their Board. I have to look into that further though as I think I might need to be a citizen first. I'd be quite happy just doing admin work with a local community agency - the only problem would be that if I thought there was a better way to do things, I'd speak up (and probably get the sack!). The curse of a long-time manager - we think we know everything
Old Oct 24th 2015, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

I have so many volunteer ideas I am afraid there are not enough hours in the day! But I am excited to be able to dedicate myself to a new community. OH will be so wrapped up in his music I'll be lucky if I see him at all
Old Oct 24th 2015, 12:37 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Perth
I have so many volunteer ideas I am afraid there are not enough hours in the day! But I am excited to be able to dedicate myself to a new community. OH will be so wrapped up in his music I'll be lucky if I see him at all
I feel just the same and there's no better way to become a part of a community than rolling our sleeves up and mucking in I wonder if it's too late for Scouse to learn to play piano?
Old Oct 25th 2015, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

I feel just the same and there's no better way to become a part of a community than rolling our sleeves up and mucking in I wonder if it's too late for Scouse to learn to play piano?
Daniel can teach concertina or banjo - fancy either one?
Old Oct 25th 2015, 1:46 pm
Concierge

Daniel can teach concertina or banjo - fancy either one?
Which is the quietest?

Your Daniel is very talented!
Old Oct 25th 2015, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Which is the quietest?

Your Daniel is very talented!
Haha, that would have to be the banjo
Old Oct 25th 2015, 3:36 pm
Concierge

Haha, that would have to be the banjo
I have the theme of Deliverance running through my head....
Old Oct 25th 2015, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have the theme of Deliverance running through my head....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.