Reload this Page >

Telling the OH that I am not happy

Telling the OH that I am not happy

Old Oct 14th 2010, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

sickbrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Telling the OH that I am not happy

Originally Posted by pinkkristen
just out of interest sickbrit. Which part of Canada are you in?
Kingston, Ontario home to the prisons and mediocrity
Old Oct 14th 2010, 11:46 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Awww sickbrit I really hope it gets better once you are back. that the oldest comes too.
Once back, drop of the kids with your mum, her mum (someones Mum ) and get some time with your wife to connect again, a weekend B&B or something romantic.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 2:08 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by George Holmer Kenya
I lived in the UK in 2005 and commuted most weekends to the family in Belgium and every Friday I looked forward to see the kids and every Monday I was so happy to be out of the house. You can't get it right, I think.

Thank you for your kind words. I have been very down and I think that there are many reasons for this, but yes, being stuck at home with the kids is one of them. I will really try to make the best of my time here and take one day at a time.
I don't know the law in the UK with regards to CCJs, but I am wondering what would happen if you were to return and declare yourself bankrupt? No matter how dark and frightening things seem at the thought of returning, they can always be sorted out.

Does anyone on here know what the procedure would be that could help George?
Old Oct 15th 2010, 12:44 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sickbrit
I started this thread so I guess I should keep you updated, I have kept quiet since my wife discovered it was me as I did not think a public forum was the place for what is essentially a private family discussion. My wife has reluctantly agreed to return to the UK next summer after the kids have finished school. I dont think she will ever forgive me but I have absolutely no choice as staying here is affecting my health both physically and mentally. I have never in my whole life been as miserable and unhappy as I am now and I so much wanted to come here as I was becoming so disillusioned with life in the UK, now all I want is to get back and put this nightmare behind me.

I just hope this will not affect my marriage, me and my wife are so very close and we love each other so much. This is the only issue where we are completely and utterly opposed in opinion. My biggest fear now is that she changes her mind and refuses to budge, our eldest daughter (not mine biologically) is likely to remain and I think this is what my wife is fearing the most but when we came here I had to leave my eldest child (from a previous marriage) behind for 2 years, so she will experience what I had to and I know that is a hard thing to live with. My eldest child is here with me but is applying to UK universities for next year, I just cannot and I will not be separated again.

If anyone is reading this who are thinking of making the move over here please read my story, we were totally committed to starting a new life out here it was me and the wives dream that turned into my nightmare alone. I do regret coming I'm afraid, but that is knowledge in hindsight, I have a feeling my nightmare is just beginning. The only thing I know with absolute certainty is that my future is NOT in Canada.

Best regards
Hi Sickbrit,
I totally understand how you are feeling, as I feel the same. If I could, I would get on a plane back to England today, but unfortunately that is not possible.

I hope things do work out for you and your wife. I fear she may resent you if she is leaving her daughter in Canada. This may cause problems further down the line. I really hope it doesn't though.

We too are waiting for my eldest to finish school here, which means waiting 3 years!
I fear she may not want to return with us and I really don't want to go without her. I don't think I could return if she were to stay here

My OH feels sick at the thought of returning. We, like thousands of others, ploughed our whole lives into this move. We sold everything and spent all our money doing it. We would have to start again in England.

I actually broke down last weekend. I was so stressed I was (literally) pulling my hair out!
We have spoke before about returning but this actually confirmed how I am feeling and now OH understands that we must go back, for my sanity!
I just spent the last weekend crying also, I fear that it will be like this for the next 3 years.

Good luck to you and I really hope it works out.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 1:28 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Also, sickbrit,

I really don't think it will make a difference if people who want to emigrate read your story or not. If they want to move, they will move, if only to get it out of their system.
We all start out with such high hopes of a fantastic new life, but unfortunately some of us end up here on the MBTTUK forum

People tried to put me off moving, my best friend would ask me if I'm doing it for the right reasons and why would I want to leave England for Canada. I did a pro's & con's list for her which I look at now and find ridiculous. I feel I did move for all the wrong reasons.

Once you move and realise you do not like it, it is too late for some to return due to kids and other commitments.
I wish I could tell people to just take an extended holiday to have a break from normal life, instead of moving your family and belongings accross the world.

I see people moving now who have many lovely supportive friends and family in England, and I wonder how long they will last without that network and realise what they will be missing.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

bettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lorry1
Also, sickbrit,

I really don't think it will make a difference if people who want to emigrate read your story or not. If they want to move, they will move, if only to get it out of their system.
We all start out with such high hopes of a fantastic new life, but unfortunately some of us end up here on the MBTTUK forum

People tried to put me off moving, my best friend would ask me if I'm doing it for the right reasons and why would I want to leave England for Canada. I did a pro's & con's list for her which I look at now and find ridiculous. I feel I did move for all the wrong reasons.

Once you move and realise you do not like it, it is too late for some to return due to kids and other commitments.
I wish I could tell people to just take an extended holiday to have a break from normal life, instead of moving your family and belongings accross the world.

I see people moving now who have many lovely supportive friends and family in England, and I wonder how long they will last without that network and realise what they will be missing.
How true that is ! I also wouldn't have listened and I actively avoided Brits that I met here who were negative about Canada when I first arrived not wanting to hear it.

It is also very different for each individual and so impossible to predict how you will feel.

Myself, I saw it as an adventure and didn't think I would miss the UK as much as I do having lived abroad in my twenties and also having moved around a lot in the UK, we thought we would be able to settle anywhere.

My OH also has strong reservations about returning, we're trying not to talk about it too much just now as it causes so much bad feeling. Last night I couldn't help myself having had a particularly trying day , and I saw that familiar look of fatigue on his face ( as in I really don't want to talk about this again) and wished I hadn't brought it up. But you don't want to be a continual moaning minnie to your friends either so I suppose for now this will have to be my outlet when I have "I hate Canada days."
Old Oct 16th 2010, 11:37 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
We too are waiting for my eldest to finish school here, which means waiting 3 years!
I fear she may not want to return with us and I really don't want to go without her. I don't think I could return if she were to stay here
Just curious, but if you returned now she'd not have to go to uni in the UK as a foreign student. Surely if she's 15 it wouldn't upset her education too badly to make the move now?

Sickbrit, thanks for the update. All best wishes,

Bev
Old Oct 16th 2010, 1:26 pm
The Brit is back

Originally Posted by Bevm
Just curious, but if you returned now she'd not have to go to uni in the UK as a foreign student. Surely if she's 15 it wouldn't upset her education too badly to make the move now?

Sickbrit, thanks for the update. All best wishes,

Bev
Hi Bev, they finish school at 18 here in NS, so the teaching plods along alot more slowly than in England. She also struggles alot and needs alot of help, so going back now would mean she would possibly fail her GCSE's next year.
Now, if we could afford a private tutor.....
Old Oct 17th 2010, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

zednought will become famous soon enough

I really feel for you sickbrit and Lorry1. If your homesickness is anything like mine, and it sounds like it is, I just couldn't contemplate not leaving for 3 years or even next summer. I intend getting the hell out of here in early January and most days even this feels like a lifetime away.

You must have an inner strength that most just don't have. I wish you all the best.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 2:58 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sickbrit
Kingston, Ontario home to the prisons and mediocrity
Hi sickbrit

My husband hates change but he is now quite excited (on the quiet) about going to the UK. We watched David Dimbleby's Pictures of Britain and it really showed the beauty of the UK and its history. Maybe you could both start downloading and watching some great BBC documentaries. We're going to join the National Trust and have lots of weekends to places of interest. I'm sure she'll soon see the benefits of living in the UK when you whisk her away to Europe and elsewhere!

I also know that when you love each other like you guys clearly do you will find a way to make things work. A good relationship will survive simply because you both want it to. Many relationships end because they were already broken, not because of a move. I'm sure everything will work out for you both.

Last edited by lilybilly101; Oct 17th 2010 at 3:15 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 3:15 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by zednought
I really feel for you sickbrit and Lorry1. If your homesickness is anything like mine, and it sounds like it is, I just couldn't contemplate not leaving for 3 years or even next summer. I intend getting the hell out of here in early January and most days even this feels like a lifetime away.

You must have an inner strength that most just don't have. I wish you all the best.
Where are you zednought?
Old Oct 17th 2010, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lilybilly101
Where are you zednought?
I'm in Cambridge, ON.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 4:31 pm
Lost in Space

Originally Posted by zednought
I'm in Cambridge, ON.
Glad you're on your way back. Best of luck. It certainly must be hard for those stuck. I always wondered if Ontario would have worked better for me but maybe it's much of the same as well as freezing temperatures which I would be hopeless in.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 6:59 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

I always wondered if Ontario would have worked better for me but maybe it's much of the same as well as freezing temperatures which I would be hopeless in.
It's much of the same only uglier as well as colder. I lived in Toronto for 6 years and liked lots of things about it, but as a province, I found Ontario very dull and boring. At least BC has better weather and amazing scenery.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Glad you're on your way back. Best of luck. It certainly must be hard for those stuck. I always wondered if Ontario would have worked better for me but maybe it's much of the same as well as freezing temperatures which I would be hopeless in.
Thanks LB. I think it wouldn't matter where you are, west, east or in-between. The basic problem is it just isn't England. I never realized how attached I was to the place. You live and learn I guess. Rather like yourself we're spending the remaining time doing some sight seeing than heading back home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.