Returning to UK from NZ

Old Jul 16th 2007, 11:21 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning to UK from NZ

Hi Finks

you seem pretty undecided about what to do for the best. Why don't you post on the New Zealand forum on here?? There's lots of like minded people, and most of us have/are experienced the homesickness that you talk about.

It might help .........
Sarah
Old Jul 16th 2007, 9:41 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by finks
Hi JAJ
I think it is time to apply that is exactly what i thought it could be my last oppurtunity to apply,plus all the other benenfits it will hold for me.I know i can always come back which is reassuring.Plus we could change our minds anyway about going again,who knows might become a ping pong pom!!!!!
Thanks for all the great advice,you have really opened my mind to stuff i hadn`t thought about.
Finks
JAJ always advises posters to obtain their citizenship if possible, and I have to say I totally agree with him. I'm very glad to hear you will be getting your NZ citizenship prior to leaving. Do make sure you also get your NZ passport before you go. It only takes a couple of weeks and only needs to be renewed every 10 yrs (which can be done in UK).

I maintain citizenship of OZ, UK and NZ and would never consider relinquishing any of them.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 11:48 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
JAJ always advises posters to obtain their citizenship if possible, and I have to say I totally agree with him. I'm very glad to hear you will be getting your NZ citizenship prior to leaving. Do make sure you also get your NZ passport before you go. It only takes a couple of weeks and only needs to be renewed every 10 yrs (which can be done in UK).

I maintain citizenship of OZ, UK and NZ and would never consider relinquishing any of them.
Good advice, except that New Zealand passports issued since April 2005 are only valid for 5 years.

It is important to get the first NZ passport before leaving the country. Subsequent passports can be obtained overseas.
http://www.passports.govt.nz