Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Returning Home to UK and complications

Returning Home to UK and complications

Old Aug 28th 2013, 1:29 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning Home to UK and complications

Originally Posted by cliff1961
If you plan to return home to the UK regards to the Financial requirements being

£62,500.00

if you did not have this in savings, "BUT" you had your own property in the UK valued over £62,500.00 to return home to would this meet the Financial requirements ?

Curious is it worth renting out my Home and that will cover me for when the time comes i return back to the UK!
I'm having a really hard time following what is going on with you. I need some clarification.

I think you and your lady friend are a "mature" couple? Is that correct?

And you live in the UK and have a paid for house, and you have your DLA? Correct?

And you are thinking of going to the US to live?
Old Aug 28th 2013, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

JUSTOLEME is an unknown quantity at this point

Ty rebeccajo for that.
I just wanted to be sure i could return home if need be.
Thanks.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 4:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I was thrown a bit by the reference to the £18.600 "fee". It is in fact the income reuired if you want a visa for your partner. It is NOT a fee you pay to the State !

Last edited by scot47; Aug 29th 2013 at 4:51 am.
Old Feb 28th 2014, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

cliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any link in which you can send an email or does anyone have an email address in which to forward a question direct to the UK Home Office
Old Mar 1st 2014, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

uk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud of

Quote....

British citizen married for say 5 years to a non Brit turns up at a UK airport with their spouse, shows evidence of marriage + the minimum requirement of £62,500.00 has been deposited into a UK bank account - the spouse will get an ILR (entry clearance) on arrival?

Our circumstances have changed and we are going the savings route. When presenting evidence does the money have to be in a uk or usa bank account? We will also have a house to go back to and I will have a job to start.