Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Nov 26th 2013, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Sorry to say Cheers, Yorkshire is well and truly in England.......
Dont they have their own airline now?
Old Nov 26th 2013, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

I know this question seems odd but it really is related to expats

I have a genuine Tiffany lamp that is 15 yrs old. Any idea how I can find out how much it is worth? I have NO idea. If it helps it cost $800 15 years ago. It will be one less thing to ship if I eventually manage to leave here. It is not an "original" such as those from the late 1800s, of course.

Last edited by windsong; Nov 27th 2013 at 12:44 am.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cheers
Dont they have their own airline now?
Who? Scotland or The County of Yorkshire?
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong

I have a genuine Tiffany lamp that is 15 yrs old. Any idea how I can find out how much it is worth? I have NO idea. If it helps it cost $800 15 years ago. It will be one less thing to ship if I eventually manage to leave here. It is not an "original" such as those from the late 1800s, of course.
Someone may well come along with suggestions, but if not, you could try asking your question in the US section of the forum. There are people over there that can help with all sorts of info

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

I would take it to an antiques dealer or auction house for an oral evaluation. They don't charge for that. We have Heritage Auctions here in Dallas and on Wednesdays one may just walk in and get a free evaluation on almost anything of value.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebs
No snow here in Dorset - it's been a lovely weekend with lots of sunshine. This was at the beach yesterday
Gorgeous.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

I had a nice long chat with my half-sister in England today. She said that we (my two dogs and I) can stay with her until I get established. That's the biggest battle for me because she is the only relative I have left over there.

Finding work shouldn't be too difficult because I can turn my hand to a few different areas. In fact, she gave me some additional ideas I hadn't thought of.

Now I just have to find a job in the US in order to get there!

Last edited by windsong; Nov 27th 2013 at 8:11 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:23 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I had a nice long chat with my half-sister in England today. She said that we (my two dogs and I) can stay with her until I get established. That's the biggest battle for me because she is the only relative I have left over there.

Finding work shouldn't be too difficult because I can turn my hand to a few different areas. In fact, she gave me some additional ideas I hadn't thought of.

That is such positive news.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
That is such positive news.
Thank you, Mummy. It is a huge relief.

I have decided to take very little with me. Material things don't count in the scheme of things.

I am struggling to find a decent job here - with two business degrees / graphic designer / video editor / social media pro / top-notch promoter (music and art) / ex-college instructor! It's totally ridiculous. I would have more luck over there!

Somehow . . . we (my two dogs and I) are going home!

Last edited by windsong; Nov 27th 2013 at 8:44 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:38 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news!
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
That's great news!
Thank you, CS.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ohh, I found out today that my half-sister's daughter married the brother of someone in Fleetwood Mac. She is divorced now, but still . . . Small world!
Old Nov 28th 2013, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Windsong, if you have to find a job in USA in order to get back there, and you say you have more chance of finding work in UK, would you not be able to borrow some money from her or from some friends just for your airfare and the doggies fares and look for work in UK? Once you sell up a lot of your possessions you may find you can also raise the cash that way!
Old Nov 28th 2013, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Great news,
Old Nov 28th 2013, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, Mummy. It is a huge relief.

I have decided to take very little with me. Material things don't count in the scheme of things.

I am struggling to find a decent job here - with two business degrees / graphic designer / video editor / social media pro / top-notch promoter (music and art) / ex-college instructor! It's totally ridiculous. I would have more luck over there!

Somehow . . . we (my two dogs and I) are going home!
So happy for you :-) you may yet beat me to the finale.
Moving to NYC is now out of the running due to cost.....$2500 for condo + utilities monthly. Sad but realistic. Closing still not assured but realtor is still hopeful prospective purchasers will get it sorted soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.