Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Apr 11th 2013, 5:40 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Sally,

Your home looks fabulous. I hope you, hubby and the cats will be very happy in your new home.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

What a lovely house, Sally! Wishing you lots of happiness in it.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Just finished moving Rodney (here are some pics of the new house http://fingerrollsandfoldingchairs.w...3/04/09/moved/).

The move meant taking some time off work so now we're throwing ourselves back in to make sure the business keeps on track. And there's all the silly stuff you have to sort out when you move like signing up for a new doctor and notifying the utility companies and councils etc. And then I've also been walking a lot, so when I get an hour spare instead of going online, I go out and walk. Not today though as it's cold and damp outside. And we've also been busy with a lot of social activities. To be honest, I feel like I could do with a few days where I just sit in my pajamas and do nothing. But then I remember how bored I was when my life was like that, and I am grateful for the craziness.

How are you? How is your mum? Still happy to be home?
Your new home looks Lovely, Enjoy!
Old Apr 12th 2013, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Sally Simmons!! Glad to see you made it home. I was reading your blog, and lovely pictures!!!

Just finished moving Rodney (here are some pics of the new house http://fingerrollsandfoldingchairs.w...3/04/09/moved/).

The move meant taking some time off work so now we're throwing ourselves back in to make sure the business keeps on track. And there's all the silly stuff you have to sort out when you move like signing up for a new doctor and notifying the utility companies and councils etc. And then I've also been walking a lot, so when I get an hour spare instead of going online, I go out and walk. Not today though as it's cold and damp outside. And we've also been busy with a lot of social activities. To be honest, I feel like I could do with a few days where I just sit in my pajamas and do nothing. But then I remember how bored I was when my life was like that, and I am grateful for the craziness.

Old Apr 12th 2013, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful home :0) Wishing you happy times there.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 9:58 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all, we feel very lucky to be here
Old Apr 12th 2013, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all, we feel very lucky to be here
Your house is lovely And what a beautiful setting. I think the setting alone would have sold me
Old Apr 12th 2013, 4:19 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Well done on getting moved Sally. Very stressful although he cats look like they are taking it in stride

We did what felt like a practice move yesterday and Wednesday.
The carpet installers came yesterday so we had to move all furniture and get everything off the floors.
Good job the weather was dry, all beds mattresses dressers clothes spent the day out in the sun on the deck. What a job!
We did pack up 4 huge boxes of more donations in the process.
Only good thing I got to rearrange heavy furniture when putting it all back last night.
Now the house smells like a carpet showroom. Looks good too
Old Apr 12th 2013, 4:26 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Well done on getting moved Sally. Very stressful although he cats look like they are taking it in stride

We did what felt like a practice move yesterday and Wednesday.
The carpet installers came yesterday so we had to move all furniture and get everything off the floors.
Good job the weather was dry, all beds mattresses dressers clothes spent the day out in the sun on the deck. What a job!
We did pack up 4 huge boxes of more donations in the process.
Only good thing I got to rearrange heavy furniture when putting it all back last night.
Now the house smells like a carpet showroom. Looks good too

Well done to you too It's a pain to have to keep moving everything and you definitely get a workout, but just look on it as practice and when the time comes you'll be an expert and zip through everything
Old Apr 13th 2013, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

For my Scottish BE friends
Attached Thumbnails Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up-ayepod.jpg  
Old Apr 13th 2013, 2:50 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
For my Scottish BE friends
Old Apr 13th 2013, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Off to the Dunedin Highland Games today with gailc! So was getting myself in a Scottish frame of mind. Been practicing saying: all yer chunes on wan boax
Old Apr 13th 2013, 2:58 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Off to the Dunedin Highland Games today with gailc! So was getting myself in a Scottish frame of mind. Been practicing saying: all yer chunes on wan boax
Och aye ! Have a great time...say Hi to Gailc Don't forget to take pictures !

Oh, and one more thing? What's worn under a Scotsman's Kilt?

NOTHING, it's all in perfect working order !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 13th 2013, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Och aye ! Have a great time...say Hi to Gailc Don't forget to take pictures !

Oh, and one more thing? What's worn under a Scotsman's Kilt?

NOTHING, it's all in perfect working order !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will do!!!

[ATTACH]111928
Attached Thumbnails Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up-liamkilt.jpg  
Old Apr 13th 2013, 3:09 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Will do!!!

[ATTACH]111928
Mmm Liam Neeson looks good in a skirt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.