Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Apr 14th 2013, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
That's a cure ! I'd be in stitches and not in the literal sense. Although I might need some of those too if I end up banging my head against the wall today.
How about if we bring over that paramedic wine van. Would that help any?
Old Apr 14th 2013, 2:09 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
How about if we bring over that paramedic wine van. Would that help any?
Today..most definitely ! Although not tomorrow, because I need to have my head clear for the dash around Chicago O'Hare on Tuesday.. I better put on my roller skates!
Old Apr 14th 2013, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Well we have our tickets for our trip!

Cheers
Old Apr 14th 2013, 3:34 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cheers

Cheers
That's EXCELLENT ! What date?? Whoo Hoo, another BE family member getting on a plane
Old Apr 14th 2013, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
That's EXCELLENT ! What date?? Whoo Hoo, another BE family member getting on a plane
Mid June. Return mid July.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Have not been on here much because this week the OH said he really did not want to return to UK after he had two conversations on the phone with his daughters there! Somehow they always end in a fight and he says he always feel depressed after talking to them! He says he wants to leave it now until 2 years time and may even work a year or two past his 65th birthday. One thing we have discussed is our leaving our town we are in now and selling the house we are in. Oh well time I started to concentrate on positives of being here, started to try and enjoy it and get back into my garden! He said he would rather move to be nearer my family than his own! I have been far too focused on moving instead of just living and enjoying life and perhaps pushed one too far! For me it was to be a compromise to be nearer both families. Good luck to everyone on here, from time to time I may pop in to see how you are all doing! Summer is very busy for me anyway with my business.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by feelbritish
Have not been on here much because this week the OH said he really did not want to return to UK after he had two conversations on the phone with his daughters there! Somehow they always end in a fight and he says he always feel depressed after talking to them! He says he wants to leave it now until 2 years time and may even work a year or two past his 65th birthday. One thing we have discussed is our leaving our town we are in now and selling the house we are in. Oh well time I started to concentrate on positives of being here, started to try and enjoy it and get back into my garden! He said he would rather move to be nearer my family than his own! I have been far too focused on moving instead of just living and enjoying life and perhaps pushed one too far! For me it was to be a compromise to be nearer both families. Good luck to everyone on here, from time to time I may pop in to see how you are all doing! Summer is very busy for me anyway with my business.
Oh no, I'm sorry love. Things could still change in time, so please do keep popping in. Must you move closer to his family? Maybe he would agree to go somewhere new and you could visit instead. Enjoy your garden and don't worry. Things will work out as they should.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 8:57 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers

Cheers
Oh lucky you, when are you going? Never mind I missed the answer.
Have fun. Maybe someone heading back for good will be traveling at the same time.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 9:00 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that.
Maybe with a bit of space and time, and selling up anyway, he'll be more ready to move.
Edited to add, tell him to stop talking to his daughters if they wind him up so much.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Oh no, I'm sorry love. Things could still change in time, so please do keep popping in. Must you move closer to his family? Maybe he would agree to go somewhere new and you could visit instead. Enjoy your garden and don't worry. Things will work out as they should.
Oh if we did move over it would be Cornwall, maybe Lands End! He wants to be as far away as possible, I did say if we go back it is for our own reasons and nothing to do with them. Given up on the IOW now. Sun is shining and I have 26 bags of dirt to add to my garden
Old Apr 14th 2013, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Sorry to hear that.
Maybe with a bit of space and time, and selling up anyway, he'll be more ready to move.
Edited to add, tell him to stop talking to his daughters if they wind him up so much.
Yes, think that in two years anything is possible and we may just be forced to go back anyway if the pound stays around $1.55! All our pensions and investments are in UK anyway! It was my fault as I told him to phone them to see how they were. anyway he said what you basically said, he is not phoning them, they never phone him anyway and he will just catch up on Facebook occassionally. We have tried Skype with them, Messenger and it always lasts for one or two times and then they get on with their lives. Out of sight out of mind! I have now realised that we could not live anywhere near them anyway!
Old Apr 14th 2013, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

I am so sorry to hear this. It seems, though, that you are able to find good things to enjoy where you live now, at least for the moment.

Maybe in time he will find reasons to go back "for him" and "for you". It is never a good idea to base the decision on family members, even grown children, because they have their own lives.

Perhaps try to find a location in the UK that would suit both of you and investigate the way of life there - the community aspect - and see what is there for you to participate in and enjoy. Think about it all for a while and then make a solid decision based on the life you both share.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Can anyone tell me if the supermarkets, in the UK, no longer provide bags for your groceries?

I will be arriving in Dublin. Anyone know anything about getting from Dublin Airport to the Holyhead ferry?

Cheers
Old Apr 14th 2013, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont put it off thats the worst thing to do, there are so many wonderful places to live in the U.K. you dont have to be on his daughters doorstep...
Old Apr 14th 2013, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Dont put it off thats the worst thing to do, there are so many wonderful places to live in the U.K. you dont have to be on his daughters doorstep...
Yes, you are right, F&C. Don't put it off, if you can help it. It gets more difficult to make the move as you get older and I wish I had done it years ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.