Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Jan 27th 2011, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

SomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really nice
Talking Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by Sentosa
Sold the house todaycan't believe it, looks like we will be home the first week in March. The people who bought the house said we can stay here untill the end of February to give us time to sort our move out, looks like a busy month.
Congratulations!! You must be thrilled
Old Jan 27th 2011, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

SomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really nice
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by fulwood
is there anyway to save like specific emails? like the thread w/the newspaper links..
I usually just open the link and bookmark it. If its text, I copy it and paste it to a Word document and then save in whatever file I want, or if its something you refer to all the time, you can save it to your desktop.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Sold the house todaycan't believe it, looks like we will be home the first week in March. The people who bought the house said we can stay here untill the end of February to give us time to sort our move out, looks like a busy month.
WooHooo Congratulations
Old Jan 27th 2011, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SomersetGirl
I usually just open the link and bookmark it. If its text, I copy it and paste it to a Word document and then save in whatever file I want, or if its something you refer to all the time, you can save it to your desktop.
Yep, same here. Open the link and save it to your favorites
Old Jan 27th 2011, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

I just accepted an offer on my condo as well - for a little less then I would have liked but as the house/apartment prices around here have been going down in the past few months (after stagnating for a while) - mainly due to fore-closure's and short sales - I decided that if I want to go home this year I needed to revise my expectations. I had already gambled when I was made a low offer in October and that back-fired on me as the offer I just took was slightly lower than that but other places comparable to mine in the area have gone for less in the past month and I don't foresee them rising in the next few months so there will be no hitches and I'll be home soon.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lorac05
I just accepted an offer on my condo as well - for a little less then I would have liked but as the house/apartment prices around here have been going down in the past few months (after stagnating for a while) - mainly due to fore-closure's and short sales - I decided that if I want to go home this year I needed to revise my expectations. I had already gambled when I was made a low offer in October and that back-fired on me as the offer I just took was slightly lower than that but other places comparable to mine in the area have gone for less in the past month and I don't foresee them rising in the next few months so there will be no hitches and I'll be home soon.
Fantastic news!! What you lose on the condo sale, you'll probably gain on the exchange rate
Old Jan 27th 2011, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Excellent news, and of course property prices in the UK have dropped too so hopefully you'll be able to get a bargain if you're planning on buying again
Old Jan 28th 2011, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Sentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond repute

Great News I think we all have to take a little less than we hoped for, but we were prepared to take a drop so that we could go home sooner rather than later.hope all goes well with the sale
Old Jan 28th 2011, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

that is fantastic news for both of you and very happy for you. I live in NeverLand - ie. Arizona - my house will never sell. it's not on market as got tired of keeping clean and nobody coming to look..
Old Jan 28th 2011, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fulwood
that is fantastic news for both of you and very happy for you. I live in NeverLand - ie. Arizona - my house will never sell. it's not on market as got tired of keeping clean and nobody coming to look..
Would you be able to rent out your house in AZ?
Old Jan 28th 2011, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh wow so happy for you.....great news.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh more good news, awesome! good luck.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone considered in offering their house for exchange in the UK?

There are probably a lot of people in the UK who need to sell so they can move to the US and when they see what they get for the price, 'well I mean to say' A lot of people also will be flexible on were they move to in the US.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Fullwood,
You probably told me where in Arizona you are but could you tell me again because I'm 15" from Arizona.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 1:48 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to both of you on the house sales! What great news

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.