Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Apr 29th 2011, 11:12 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by Derrygal
Actually I believe that hymn is sung at a lot of weddings. I know it was sung at my wedding - but then I was married in a Methodist church! I thought the service was really lovely.
I'm pretty sure that was sung at my sisters too, she was married C of E, big church do, I loved it.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 12:09 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
No I think his name is Bekcham or something like that --- hes a famous UK soccer player, loads of money, did you notice his wife with that really super weird hat with that 2 foot pin or something going through it, and OH what a snob her husband was smiling at everyone and she looked as though she was the freaking cats whiskers, if she held her nose up in the air anymore she would have a stiff neck for a week,

And the American reporters dont like to use that word commoner when referring to Kate, instead they said this ---- Kate is an elegant young woman of NON NOBLE BLOOD, ---- I really like that
Oh Rodney you are getting your non Royals mixed up LOL. Victoria Beckham is married to our David the very famous soccer player, whilst Zara Phillips is engaged to Mike Tindall the very famous rugby player..........
Old Apr 30th 2011, 12:10 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Also, if she's a commoner with her money and background, what does that make the rest of us?
Scum LOL!!
Old Apr 30th 2011, 1:29 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Scum LOL!!
Grim northern scum!

I used to be a big fan of a band called The Beautiful South, who were actually from Hull. They used to sell t-shirts that read "Northern Scum." I still have one somewhere - better dig it out!
Old Apr 30th 2011, 2:09 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Scum LOL!!
Grim northern scum!

I used to be a big fan of a band called The Beautiful South, who were actually from Hull. They used to sell t-shirts that read "Northern Scum." I still have one somewhere - better dig it out!
Oh god lord if you are northern scum what are the non English amoung us (Meaning the Welsh and the Scottish)
Old Apr 30th 2011, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Oh god lord if you are northern scum what are the non English amoung us (Meaning the Welsh and the Scottish)
And what about the Northern Irish scum like me??? Of course, the Irish did get a look-in today when Prince William wore the uniform of the Irish Guards.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

And what about the Northern Irish scum like me??? Of course, the Irish did get a look-in today when Prince William wore the uniform of the Irish Guards.
... and he received 3 titles Duke of Cambridge (England), Earl Strathearn (Scotland) and Baron Cerrickfergus (N. Ireland). He's already Wales.

... and the lace on Catherine's dress was made up of the national flowers of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandrui
The last 4 digit s of my phone number are 1065. I always say "the year before the Battle of Hastings" but most people don't have a clue when that was.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the last 24 hours. What a fantastic day it has been. The wedding was glorious and I, like many of you, am so proud to be British. Noone can do pomp and circumstance like the Brits. I found it all very moving and heartwarming. The positive atmosphere and the joining together of people of many ages from all backgrounds was a remarkable thing.
I found it interesting that they chose a Charles Wesley (leader of the Methodist movement) hymn: Love Divine All Loves Excelling. mind you he did write 6000 hymns!
I am certainly, like my family before and after me, a Monarchist.
Yes, Charles Wesley's hymns are often sung by Anglicans--of course he intended to remain an Anglican, did not want to start a new denomination...if you go to church regularly in an Anglican church or Episcopal one in USA you find yourself singing his hymns often...but I know a different tune to Love Divine than the one they sung, and much prefer it...
however, it was still lovely, and so was Jerusalem...all the music was great.

tina
Old Apr 30th 2011, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Rodney you are getting your non Royals mixed up LOL. Victoria Beckham is married to our David the very famous soccer player, whilst Zara Phillips is engaged to Mike Tindall the very famous rugby player..........
Thats right Barb --- Victoria Beckham was the woman with the funny hat that couldn't smile to save her life --- Mrs Personality of the year I would say
Old Apr 30th 2011, 9:09 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Thats right Barb --- Victoria Beckham was the woman with the funny hat that couldn't smile to save her life --- Mrs Personality of the year I would say
Apparently she has a wicked sense of humour and an ability to take the p*ss out of herself (I got this from a review of her TV programme when she moved to LA). It's a shame she looks like such a sourpuss when she is in public.

I missed the whole Spice Girls thing (it was back when we didn't have internet and cable TV and easy access to UK news), so I find it funny when I see old video of her cavorting on stage with the Spice Girls, and in interviews - she was a lot more animated back then.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 11:14 am
Home Sweet Home

Sorry but I disagree, like Dunroving I have seen her in interviews and she is quite funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqe6wGF58cM

Maybe she was having a bad day what with being 6 months pregnant.

Edited to add: I just checked it out on Google and she doesn't like her face or her teeth when she smiles!!!

Last edited by Beedubya; Apr 30th 2011 at 11:29 am.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 12:06 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but I disagree, like Dunroving I have seen her in interviews and she is quite funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqe6wGF58cM
That's how she was when I saw her on American Idol - funny and sweet.

How can she not like how she looks when she smiles? She's so pretty!
Old Apr 30th 2011, 12:11 pm
Home Sweet Home

That's how she was when I saw her on American Idol - funny and sweet.

How can she not like how she looks when she smiles? She's so pretty!
Maybe she has body dysmorphia LOL!!

I just read elsewhere that they had an argument on the way to the church.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 12:31 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe she has body dysmorphia LOL!!

I just read elsewhere that they had an argument on the way to the church.
Probably about who was the best-looking and most famous.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 3:13 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Dh noticed that, it had clovers on the collar. Very nice it looked too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.