NZ-UK

Old Jan 21st 2014, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ-UK

Good luck with it ble. Big number of us getting ready for the move back.

Spacecake and others, I have a question for you around shipping.

Did you find that shipping from NZ back to UK was more expensive than UK to NZ? We are going to be shipping back half of what we shipped out, virtually everything is going to be sold or scrapped. The only things I will be shipping back are books, dvds and computer/speaker boxes. (So no more than 10-12 boxes in total).

Is there anyone you'd recommend that didn't break the bank? In addition, is there a better method of shipping based on what I've said above?

Thanks all.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 7:29 pm
ble
Forum Regular

ble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud of

Hi
Can I be cheeky and ask what size container did you ship and what was the cost?
House should sell quickly - we are near christchurch so things are flying due to a housing shortage.

We will be going back to Scotland. So I need to delve into the schooling question at some point. We left while my eldest wAs still in nursery.

Many thanks and I am sure I will have more questions as time passes.

Thanks
Old Jan 21st 2014, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

We only shipped part of a container, a sofa and about 20-25 boxes. This cost us approximately 1500 pounds with Pickfords.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 8:23 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davros1984
We only shipped part of a container, a sofa and about 20-25 boxes. This cost us approximately 1500 pounds with Pickfords.
Hi ble.

Davros I shipped 350 cubic feet with Pickfords from UK to NZ and it cost £1,800. I got a quote yesterday to go back home and it is for 250 cubic feet this time and it is $3,500. It is more expensive.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

We shipped 11.27 cubic metres and it cost $4584. We took our dining table/chairs, sideboard. TV, pictures, bed, loads of dvds, books etc, Toys a plenty.
Hope that helps
Old Jan 21st 2014, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with it ble. Big number of us getting ready for the move back.

Spacecake and others, I have a question for you around shipping.

Did you find that shipping from NZ back to UK was more expensive than UK to NZ? We are going to be shipping back half of what we shipped out, virtually everything is going to be sold or scrapped. The only things I will be shipping back are books, dvds and computer/speaker boxes. (So no more than 10-12 boxes in total).

Is there anyone you'd recommend that didn't break the bank? In addition, is there a better method of shipping based on what I've said above?

Thanks all.
Sorry I have searched my emails and can't find the company we contacted with regards shipping around 10 of the large containers from the warehouse. All I remember is it was a removal company in Auckland and the quote was around $1000.
Sorry I'll keep racking my brain for the name.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
We shipped 11.27 cubic metres and it cost $4584. We took our dining table/chairs, sideboard. TV, pictures, bed, loads of dvds, books etc, Toys a plenty.
Hope that helps
That isn't overly expensive I guess. Who was it with? The largest thing we may ship back is a 40" tv, otherwise its just standard boxes, i.e. PC, monitor, bookshelf speakers, books, dvds, Xbox etc.

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
Hi ble.

Davros I shipped 350 cubic feet with Pickfords from UK to NZ and it cost £1,800. I got a quote yesterday to go back home and it is for 250 cubic feet this time and it is $3,500. It is more expensive.
Pippa, was that with Pickfords? Not surprised its more expensvive, although I am not sure what 250 cubic feet equates to!

Sorry I have searched my emails and can't find the company we contacted with regards shipping around 10 of the large containers from the warehouse. All I remember is it was a removal company in Auckland and the quote was around $1000.
Sorry I'll keep racking my brain for the name.
Hi, if you can find out - please do! Would be awesome. Were those 10 containers OK in the end?

Thanks.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 9:56 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it was with Pickfords. We have more stuff than you though to ship back. It is just less than a third of a 20ft containers worth. I'm getting The Moving Company out for a quote too so I'll let you all know.
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 4:12 am
ble
Forum Regular

ble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud of

Yes it was with Pickfords. We have more stuff than you though to ship back. It is just less than a third of a 20ft containers worth. I'm getting The Moving Company out for a quote too so I'll let you all know.
I would be interested to know what price they come back with.
I went out to the shed today and found one of the original boxes, we moved out here with The White Company who then used The Moving Company.
We were pleased with the service then so will be getting them back for a quote. And it seems maybe allied pickfords.

But I think we will be looking at shipping way more than you back. I am guessing we would be lucky to get it into a 20ft container. Very lucky!

Space cake
I did phone the estate Agent and have set that ball rolling.

Anyone want 5 kids (under 11) for a long holiday while I try and keep the house spotless
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 5:50 pm
Looking for my marbles.

I'll take your kids . As long as you provide the wine after you've picked them up!
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

That isn't overly expensive I guess. Who was it with? The largest thing we may ship back is a 40" tv, otherwise its just standard boxes, i.e. PC, monitor, bookshelf speakers, books, dvds, Xbox etc.

Pippa, was that with Pickfords? Not surprised its more expensvive, although I am not sure what 250 cubic feet equates to!

Hi, if you can find out - please do! Would be awesome. Were those 10 containers OK in the end?

Thanks.
Wow that took some thinking!

Conroys. Im afraid they quoted us in 2010. It was for 10-15 plastic crates which we had filled. Cost was $1050 and timeframe of 8-10 weeks.

Hope that helps a bit, give them a call
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 7:49 pm
ble
Forum Regular

I'll take your kids . As long as you provide the wine after you've picked them up!
You're on!?!

I would suggest though that strong spirits might be the way to go - Hubby and I find a whiskey or three is quite effective

Right, estate agent phoning today to book a time to take photos. So a cleaning and a weeding I am off to do.
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you all for the future.

This is a strange request but does anybody want to swap some NZ plugs for UK plugs? I have a pile of UK ones so if you want to cut off your NZ plugs to take items back to the UK, let me know :-)
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 7:56 pm
ble
Forum Regular

Wow that took some thinking!

Conroys. Im afraid they quoted us in 2010. It was for 10-15 plastic crates which we had filled. Cost was $1050 and timeframe of 8-10 weeks.

Hope that helps a bit, give them a call
Thanks - I hadn't thought of calling them for a quote.
Where you happy with the service?
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ble
Thanks - I hadn't thought of calling them for a quote.
Where you happy with the service?
We didn't use them. They were very helpful at the time. We were going to send a mixture of our sons stuff and some of our things but in the end our son went and we stayed.
We used allied pickfords when we finally left.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.