NZ-UK

Old Feb 18th 2014, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ-UK

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
Dont ask me for advice on this one Davros. Im in the same boat and cannot decide myself.
Well, I've had a look at some other forums and have read good things about Conroys. So I have to admit, I am now leaning toward them.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 11:51 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davros1984
Well, I've had a look at some other forums and have read good things about Conroys. So I have to admit, I am now leaning toward them.
I think we will go with the cheapest. That's convoys too. As long as were insured I can't see a problem. I was going to get an insurance quote off letting Percival and see if conroys can match it.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Just spoken to Conroys again on phone. They use Robinsons or Angle Pacific shipping on the UK end of things.

Their quotes include all costs/fees, so no extra surprises (so long as we meet all UK customs regs). So yes, looks like we will go with them!
Old Feb 19th 2014, 3:36 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Pleased your all sorted.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Pleased your all sorted.
Thanks. Let us know how you get on. They are coming round tomorrow to do a final quote, we have all our stuff that we want to ship ready to go!

Scary....
Old Feb 21st 2014, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

so they came round and spoke to Laura. we only have 1.5cubic meters of stuff to ship!

They are coming round later this week to ship it. so yes, going with conroys. any news your end?
Old Feb 21st 2014, 8:54 pm
Looking for my marbles.

I've decided to go with conroys too. We are going to ship the day before we leave so it will be a busy time. I've emailed work again to get a start date from them so conroys are on standby for that date.

Were finally getting there. I'm excited. How do you feel? And how does everyone else feel too?
Old Feb 24th 2014, 1:55 am
ble
Forum Regular

ble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud of

I've decided to go with conroys too. We are going to ship the day before we leave so it will be a busy time. I've emailed work again to get a start date from them so conroys are on standby for that date.

Were finally getting there. I'm excited. How do you feel? And how does everyone else feel too?
Exciting times for both you and Davros

We are still in the process of selling but OH has given notice as at the end of term 1 (although all is flexible if house doesn't sell)
But given that once we have contracts signed and sealed it will be full steam ahead ... Well as much as you can with 5 kids under yr feet

So am reading with interest all the reports on the various companies - good and bad.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

We had a shared container when we returned although we were just short of 20ft they put all our stuff in a 40ft and we were shared with 6 others this apparently sets UK customs alarm bells going so we had a 66GBP xray fee each and had to wait for all parties to pay before they undertook the xray.
This was classed as an extraordinary item!!!! so if you are sharing a container be warned
Old Feb 24th 2014, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Celticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to all

I am happy to announce that my passport arrived this afternoon and it has only been 3 weeks! That is a lot faster than I expected.

The passport looks and feels great - it is beautiful. And the excitement of having my own passport, is almost too much for words. I feel that much closer to home now. All I need do now is keep my eye on the prize, save hard and then before I know it I'll be back in the land I love.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ble
Exciting times for both you and Davros
Yes and for you by the sounds of it - good luck.

We are having our stuff collected on Friday, all ready to go! Then we move out of this place the following week. Then spending a few months living in serviced accommodation in the CBD (to enjoy the last of our time here).

JaneyK - I am sure we will have issues with shipping companies, what really can you do? Once its gone to them, its out of your hands. I have read good and bad about all of the companies, I guess the key is to ensure you have plenty of insurance .

Next, we have to somehow work out what the future will hold for us. But we are glad we have made the decision to move on and try to re-gain some control of our lives.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 2:04 am
ble
Forum Regular

ble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud of

Just adding again to this thread to bump it to the top for barberella1973 as she was wanting to know what companies are out there and I didn't know how to copy the link in while on then ipad. Techonology escapes me sometimes.

House gone unconditional so I have just organised convoys and the moving co to come and give moving quotes.
May look at a third, if I can be bothered.

I have nothing left that hasn't been glued back together in 35 pieces anyhow thanks to the earthquake.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 3:10 am
Looking for my marbles.

Oh good luck with everything.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

We used budgetmoving. The ship took a little bit longer than 3 months but the truck bringing our things from the UK to Germany arrived on time. And my dad had a lovely chat with the British truck drivers. All our things were in great condition
Old Apr 1st 2014, 2:23 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

If any returnees are in need of a big box of UK plug tops and fuses together with multi way leads and extension leads they are in Chch FOC. I am loathe to bin them. By the way take all of your NZ plug tops back with you they are very hard to get in the UK for anyone coming this way and should fetch a good price on ebay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.