NZ-UK

Old Sep 5th 2013, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

NZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really nice
Smile NZ-UK

There are quite a few of us here in good old Kiwi land, looking at some point in the next few months/years to moving home, I thought a thread for us to keep in touch and check in here would be good!

So we are Georgina (who uses BE ) and Andy.. been in NZ for nearly 6 years having lived in Christchurch and now Auckland. We are moving home on the 19th Sept eeeeeek and we haven’t even started packing & sorting yet!!!
Old Sep 5th 2013, 2:14 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ-UK

Well you'd better pull your finger out then !
Old Sep 5th 2013, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

pixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NZ4Now
There are quite a few of us here in good old Kiwi land, looking at some point in the next few months/years to moving home, I thought a thread for us to keep in touch and check in here would be good!

So we are Georgina (who uses BE ) and Andy.. been in NZ for nearly 6 years having lived in Christchurch and now Auckland. We are moving home on the 19th Sept eeeeeek and we haven’t even started packing & sorting yet!!!
Lucky you .....best get packing soonish.....

We are a pixie family of 5 & have been in NZ 8 years....& I appear to spend way too much time on here.....maybe I would get a lot more done if I didn't sign in here each day....but its a great place to have an opinion and vent some frustration....Thanks BE

I would be gone like a shot....however convincing family to do the same is proving harder....3 teens are putting the kybosh on the finer details.....

Good luck with the move back....remind us where are you heading in the UK?

Old Sep 5th 2013, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

NZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really nice

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
Well you'd better pull your finger out then !
Haha you reckon? I am hoping the packing pixies come and do it for me!!
Old Sep 5th 2013, 3:12 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Hum the theme tune of, 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice' and hope that things start sorting themselves out.

I do it sometimes when I'd like the housework pixies to do it for me. I'm greatly influenced by the childrens story, 'The Elves and the Shoe maker.'

Anyway.............it's nearly time for my medication.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pixiewink

We are a pixie family of 5 & have been in NZ 8 years....& I appear to spend way too much time on here.....maybe I would get a lot more done if I didn't sign in here each day....but its a great place to have an opinion and vent some frustration....Thanks BE

I would be gone like a shot....however convincing family to do the same is proving harder....3 teens are putting the kybosh on the finer details.....

Hey Pixie!!

Oh no re kiddies how dare them Does OH want to move back to?

Heading back to Berkshire area
Old Sep 5th 2013, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

How old are your kids? Do any of them want to return? As someone who also has 3 of that age it took us another 3 years from saying we wanted to return to getting here, all due to the kids.
Its not easy

Good Luck
Old Sep 6th 2013, 1:50 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Please can I join? were a family of 3. Only been in NZ for 3 months and starting to plan our escape to the North East of England after Xmas. what a good idea about this thread!

I am a bit weird though is that ok?
Old Sep 6th 2013, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

pixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
Please can I join? were a family of 3. Only been in NZ for 3 months and starting to plan our escape to the North East of England after Xmas. what a good idea about this thread!

I am a bit weird though is that ok?
Weirder the better
Old Sep 6th 2013, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
Hi,

How old are your kids? Do any of them want to return? As someone who also has 3 of that age it took us another 3 years from saying we wanted to return to getting here, all due to the kids.
Its not easy

Good Luck
Kids are 17, nearly 16 and 13......I think it may take us that long too
Old Sep 6th 2013, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

Hey Pixie!!

Oh no re kiddies how dare them Does OH want to move back to?

Heading back to Berkshire area
OH would be happier if we had no mortgage and job guarantee....
Old Sep 6th 2013, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

OH would be happier if we had no mortgage and job guarantee....
In that case it might take even longer

Do your kids want to move back? That is the biggest problem. It is certainly easier to just throw the towel in and stay put. It's whether or not you are happy to live there forever. Sadly we decided we weren't. We made a huge sacrifice, but I love being home.
Old Sep 6th 2013, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
In that case it might take even longer

Do your kids want to move back? That is the biggest problem. It is certainly easier to just throw the towel in and stay put. It's whether or not you are happy to live there forever. Sadly we decided we weren't. We made a huge sacrifice, but I love being home.
They have mixed feelings....

1. son does & doesn't want to go back...could be convinced..he would love to see grandad.....
2. youngest doesn't know any different to NZ, as was only just 5 when we came here, she is worried about fitting in, but would love to see granddad & live where One Direction live....
3. middle girl has a boyfriend & has 2 years left at school....she doesn't want to go to school in UK or leave BF...life is ok for her....she would like to see granddad & visit the Boots Cosmetic counter & shop in Primark

I am worried I will mess up there futures taking them back to the UK now...then I feel guilty bringing them here in the first place...depriving them of time with their grandparents......
Old Sep 6th 2013, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

They have mixed feelings....

1. son does & doesn't want to go back...could be convinced..he would love to see grandad.....
2. youngest doesn't know any different to NZ, as was only just 5 when we came here, she is worried about fitting in, but would love to see granddad & live where One Direction live....
3. middle girl has a boyfriend & has 2 years left at school....she doesn't want to go to school in UK or leave BF...life is ok for her....she would like to see granddad & visit the Boots Cosmetic counter & shop in Primark

I am worried I will mess up there futures taking them back to the UK now...then I feel guilty bringing them here in the first place...depriving them of time with their grandparents......
Your story mirrors mine so much. Ultimately it is going to come down to how you and your husband feel and what you want from the future.
We were using all our savings to stay in NZ. We hadn't managed to buy a house. It was a case of we decide not to see family again or we go back. We have a very small family but I can't imagine deciding never to see them again.
Our eldest always wanted to go home but did struggle when it came to it. He finished year 13 then went home on his own and to sixth form college.
Our youngest was 7 when we came. We were very worried for him returning to a UK school but personally I have hated the NZ schooling, it has done nothing for my to boys and I needed to bring him home to a UK school.
Then there's our daughter. I was around two months late telling her I wanted to leave. She was sixteen and had just started seeing a boy. She asked us to wait to see how that went. Three years later its still going strong. He is a lovely guy. So I waited while she finished school, helped her apply for uni and set her up at the father in laws. She now lives in NZ and goes to uni and I speak to her every day.
I know how you feel. It's been very hard but she's doing what she wants to do and were living again.
Good luck
Old Sep 7th 2013, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

We will never settle in NZ and that prominently stems from not buying a house. We have a perfectly good 3 bed house with a garden in the UK...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.