Be nice to OZ

Old Dec 20th 2006, 11:06 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Be nice to OZ

The airports .
Old Dec 20th 2006, 11:07 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassenach
The airports .
shame you haven't used the Perth one yet
Old Dec 20th 2006, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Well I should sit on the fence on this one.
Cannot slate anything about OZ as I have never lived there yet. Been on holiday and loved it, felt FAR more at ease with the Ozzies than I do with any kiwi.
Hubby's relatives have lived happily in OZ for last 50 years or so.
Uncle in Melbourne and Mums cousin in Adelaide.
Both love OZ and would never live anywhere else.
Me? I have yet to try it. But I liked what I saw on my visit to Brisbane/Gold Coast very much, but am not blinkered, holidays and living are two very different experiences. as I know so well.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 1:39 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
Ok no need to split hairs!

I had a Koala bear as a cuddly toy when I was small
So did me and my sister. We called them koala bears because that's how they were marketed to the public. So NB should perhaps go blame the makers of them for being the cause of this situation
Old Dec 21st 2006, 1:40 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
So did me and my sister. We called them koala bears because that's how they were marketed to the public. So NB should perhaps go blame the makers of them for being the cause of this situation
Old Dec 21st 2006, 1:43 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rascal
OZ is Utopia!!
But then again, I can be forgiven, I have spent 4.5 years existing in NZ.
Anyone coming from here to OZ would think its Utopia!
You're suffering from a delusional episode ! Take a few deep breaths, have a lie down. Give it a couple of years and you'll be running back to NZ or UK
Old Dec 21st 2006, 1:46 am
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by northernbird
Confused? Your post pointed out that koalas are not a species of bears. My point was that the soft toy koalas were (and still are) marketed as bears. This is where the issue came from...marketing. Parents/Kids were familar with teddy bears, panda bears etc, hence the creation of the koala bear.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 1:55 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Anyone want to say something nice about OZ for a change, poor OZ seems to be getting a big bashing down here in this forum.
Err, No. When I have something good to say about it you'll be the first to hear it, untill then I'm back outside finding ways to kill the local pests.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 1:56 am
Gutter Gob!!

Confused? Your post pointed out that koalas are not a species of bears. My point was that the soft toy koalas were (and still are) marketed as bears. This is where the issue came from...marketing. Parents/Kids were familar with teddy bears, panda bears etc, hence the creation of the koala bear.
It was your use of the word blame that was confusing, who was I blaming for what. Anyway call them what you like, I don't give a chuff.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 2:04 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

It was your use of the word blame that was confusing, who was I blaming for what. Anyway call them what you like, I don't give a chuff.
Now I know you are all bored witless here but the idea of an argument over whether or not a koala bear is a bear or not just shows how people can argue over the most trivial of things just for the sake of it.

I think if we have always called them koala bears then that is what they are, it's thier name, just like a teddy bear, afterall are all bears called 'teddy'? So a koala bear is exacty that just like you're called northernbird when in fact you don't have any feathers nor a beak, at the last inspection I don't think you laid eggs either. Geez looks like I got too much sun today too.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

You're suffering from a delusional episode ! Take a few deep breaths, have a lie down. Give it a couple of years and you'll be running back to NZ or UK
UK yes, NZ NEVER EVER in a million years would I EVER want to LIVE here again! I am doing what the Kiwis do though, going to OZ!
Old Dec 21st 2006, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by arkon
Now I know you are all bored witless here but the idea of an argument over whether or not a koala bear is a bear or not just shows how people can argue over the most trivial of things just for the sake of it.

I think if we have always called them koala bears then that is what they are, it's thier name, just like a teddy bear, afterall are all bears called 'teddy'? So a koala bear is exacty that just like you're called northernbird when in fact you don't have any feathers nor a beak, at the last inspection I don't think you laid eggs either. Geez looks like I got too much sun today too.
Arkon, Can I entice you over to NZ, humour is soooo lost over here.
Ok, perhaps not, knew you wouldn't come really.
Its nice, its scenic, it has beaches, it has mountains, what more do ya want?
Old Dec 21st 2006, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

PS Can you please at least send us some sun and heat then?
Its like bloody freezing winter here.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 2:56 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

shame you haven't used the Perth one yet
typical idiotic reply from a fully de-brained God squad member ,P-ss off back to your own forum and talk yourself up like you usually do idiot.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 3:01 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by sassenach
typical idiotic reply from a fully de-brained God squad member ,P-ss off back to your own forum and talk yourself up like you usually do idiot.
sums you up really, can't argue properly have to resort to name calling.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.