Be nice to OZ

Old Dec 21st 2006, 4:40 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Be nice to OZ

This is excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give us more
Old Dec 21st 2006, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of interest why did so many people chose to live in Perth, I was only there six months, enjoyed it, but couldn't live there. Just interested why those who ended up there (and don't like it) chose it in the first place. Arkon I can understand why you're not happy, living in the middle of nowhere would have done my head in as well. My ex wanted me to go and do that and I asked him what he expected me to do all day.... I can do rural, if I'm half an hour from the city so you can have the best of both worlds.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
And even though I'm a Kiwi (and proud of it), I can demonstrate how grown up we can be, and declare that not only do I have a sense of humour, but also think Arkon is a pretty ok guy

Now would an Aussie/Aussie lover be as well balanced and mature as I am if that was posted about Australia ?
You must be a 'one off' Kiwi-child and I applaud you for it, no seriously, I have found that any kiwi who has lived in other countres to have a sense of humour and better understanding of the world. But the ones who have never left NZ, some not even there own island (North or South) have no sense of humour at all, and have this strange idea that NZ is the most advanced country in the entire world??? And if you dare knock anything about NZ to them, get ready to run!
By the way, my sons girlfriend is a Kiwi, her parents have lived abroad and so has she, totally different mind set to the ones that haven't.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 8:29 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassenach
Or do they have doubts about them selves and feel they have to spend all day on this site telling us how great aussie is ,i reckon they work for the Australian tourist commision .
But in all serious ness i think australia has some great countryside and beaches and i love driving here once out of the cities ,but life in general is boring boring boring .
Living in perth is like living on an island within an island ,and unless one is totally moronic there is no doubt one will go crazy ,just like monkies in a cage .
you see this is where I really lose my frigging rag. I have no problem with people who don't like Australia apart from you because unlike you the rest of the people here can accept that althought they don't like Australia some people do. Liking Australia does not make me moronic because I like peace and quiet and don't want to go trailing around English countryside trying to find a pub or some kind of excitement, I don't care that the TV is crap or if the driving is bad. I am content sat in my house watching my kids thrive in the sunshine.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
Its very interesting how the pro oz brigade have landed on this our sacred beach. Perhaps we are under attack
Oh KC, did you read FPMs post a couple of week's back? I didn't get thru the whole thread but the original post is priceless!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=attack
Old Dec 21st 2006, 9:41 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercedes
Just out of interest why did so many people chose to live in Perth, I was only there six months, enjoyed it, but couldn't live there. Just interested why those who ended up there (and don't like it) chose it in the first place. Arkon I can understand why you're not happy, living in the middle of nowhere would have done my head in as well. My ex wanted me to go and do that and I asked him what he expected me to do all day.... I can do rural, if I'm half an hour from the city so you can have the best of both worlds.
Yes I think we could have done rural if it was about say 20 minutes to a city, and if that city was York or Oxford even better!
Old Dec 21st 2006, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Yes I think we could have done rural if it was about say 20 minutes to a city, and if that city was York or Oxford even better!
So how far are you from a City? What made you chose to live in the middle of nowhere, couldn't you find somewhere nearer to life?
Old Dec 21st 2006, 10:26 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by northernbird
you see this is where I really lose my frigging rag. I have no problem with people who don't like Australia apart from you because unlike you the rest of the people here can accept that althought they don't like Australia some people do. Liking Australia does not make me moronic because I like peace and quiet and don't want to go trailing around English countryside trying to find a pub or some kind of excitement, I don't care that the TV is crap or if the driving is bad. I am content sat in my house watching my kids thrive in the sunshine.
i have no interest at all in wether you like me or not ,you as aperson mean absolutely nothing to me ,but you come on this side of the forum which you know is full of people who in general dont like or havent settled in australia as well as you have and proceed to tell us how wonderul life is for you etc .All i can say is good on you but stop acting like you are on a crusade for australia ,no doubt there have been and are a lot more people who have contributed to the wealth and australian society than you have .In my case i probably employ more australians than you do ,my eldest boy serves in the australian army and i have been here for 16 years ,i have done as much as i can to contribute and fit in but still there is something missng and the longer it goes on the more i feel it ,so your kind ''oh its lovely rubbish '' really makes me want to vomit .
I have done all that you have done ,my children have grown up here its now time for me to move onto a different part of my life that is deeper and more meaningful in aplace that feels like home that i a,m culturally attached to instead of the meaninless dross and faceless suburbs and trashy shopping centres .
There is no doubt australia has got its good points as i have already stated ,but for those that dont like it it is a hard road everyday and your claptrap is hard to take because as much as i/we would like to feel like you ,it is impossible and lets face it if you take offence to what i say then thats tough because the lot on the Godzone side show absolutely no sympathy or empathy toward abourt 10% of the site and thats including the ones who havent been here yet and yet they know it all already ,but a fair few are heading for a big fall and guess where they will be coming to when they need a sympathetic ear ,yes they will be coming to the people that think like them and they dont want to listen too people like you ,telling them how wonderful life is when they in most part made up their minds .
Old Dec 21st 2006, 10:26 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Oh KC, did you read FPMs post a couple of week's back? I didn't get thru the whole thread but the original post is priceless!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=attack
Very amusing.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 10:35 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

i have no interest at all in wether you like me or not ,you as aperson mean absolutely nothing to me ,but you come on this side of the forum which you know is full of people who in general dont like or havent settled in australia as well as you have and proceed to tell us how wonderul life is for you etc .All i can say is good on you but stop acting like you are on a crusade for australia ,no doubt there have been and are a lot more people who have contributed to the wealth and australian society than you have .In my case i probably employ more australians than you do ,my eldest boy serves in the australian army and i have been here for 16 years ,i have done as much as i can to contribute and fit in but still there is something missng and the longer it goes on the more i feel it ,so your kind ''oh its lovely rubbish '' really makes me want to vomit .
I have done all that you have done ,my children have grown up here its now time for me to move onto a different part of my life that is deeper and more meaningful in aplace that feels like home that i a,m culturally attached to instead of the meaninless dross and faceless suburbs and trashy shopping centres .
There is no doubt australia has got its good points as i have already stated ,but for those that dont like it it is a hard road everyday and your claptrap is hard to take because as much as i/we would like to feel like you ,it is impossible and lets face it if you take offence to what i say then thats tough because the lot on the Godzone side show absolutely no sympathy or empathy toward abourt 10% of the site and thats including the ones who havent been here yet and yet they know it all already ,but a fair few are heading for a big fall and guess where they will be coming to when they need a sympathetic ear ,yes they will be coming to the people that think like them and they dont want to listen too people like you ,telling them how wonderful life is when they in most part made up their minds .
Its the personal insults I find hard to take. As much as I disagree with a lot of people on here I do not resort to calling names and insulting people. I have as much right to come on this side of the forum as you do and I have plenty of sympathy for those who feel homesick and who are struggling with crap wages and missing their families. I have less time for those that go on about the crap TV and who are irritated by the accent because I find those arguments slightly daft but each to their own.

If you are not intelligent enough to argue a point without name calling then quite honestly you are more Australian than I thought.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

When you planning on going home Sass?

Old Dec 21st 2006, 11:16 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercedes
So how far are you from a City? What made you chose to live in the middle of nowhere, couldn't you find somewhere nearer to life?
Our nearest town is Taree and City (Sydney) 4 hours away. As for moving nearer to life....Trying.....
Old Dec 21st 2006, 11:28 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

Its the personal insults I find hard to take. As much as I disagree with a lot of people on here I do not resort to calling names and insulting people. I have as much right to come on this side of the forum as you do and I have plenty of sympathy for those who feel homesick and who are struggling with crap wages and missing their families. I have less time for those that go on about the crap TV and who are irritated by the accent because I find those arguments slightly daft but each to their own.

If you are not intelligent enough to argue a point without name calling then quite honestly you are more Australian than I thought.
Have you ever considered that I or we don't want to hear how great it is, if only we could adapt or fit in better, or caused by the lack of the RIGHT attitude. I've been here 2 years now and hate the place, I don't want to hear it's because I chose the wrong place or other such nonsense and how great it is because of the beaches or some other such mindless pastime.

Basically been here, seen it, done it, hated it and want to go back now. As for not getting personal, I've been at the receiving end of so much personal insults and attacks from those in the Godzone that basically you all deserve all you get for your (global your) heartlessness and lack of sympathy and empathy.

I'm with sass, one day when 25-30% of you immigrants realise that it's not all it's cracked up to be and need some sympathy and a place to whinge to get it off your chest then we will be here ready to help and assist those like us who are disillusioned and just want to be anywhere other than here.

Old Dec 21st 2006, 11:30 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by arkon
Have you ever considered that I or we don't want to hear how great it is, if only we could adapt or fit in better, or caused by the lack of the RIGHT attitude. I've been here 2 years now and hate the place, I don't want to hear it's because I chose the wrong place or other such nonsense and how great it is because of the beaches or some other such mindless pastime.

Basically been here, seen it, done it, hated it and want to go back now. As for not getting personal, I've been at the receiving end of so much personal insults and attacks from those in the Godzone that basically you all deserve all you get for your (global your) heartlessness and lack of sympathy and empathy.

I'm with sass, one day when 25-30% of you immigrants realise that it's not all it's cracked up to be and need some sympathy and a place to whinge to get it off your chest then we will be here ready to help and assist those like us who are disillusioned and just want to be anywhere other than here.

piss off so its ok to insult me because someone else insulted you.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 11:42 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

piss off so its ok to insult me because someone else insulted you.
Calm down, calm down, where exactly did I insult you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.