Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back to UK on TV now!

Moving back to UK on TV now!

Old Jul 11th 2007, 12:08 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to UK on TV now!

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Just passing though Saw the title of the thread, remembered tha I'd watched the programme last night, thought I'd have a read and was compelled to gob-off!

What about yourself?
Fair enough! Me, moved to Perth 2004 with OH and 2 kids, spent 2 years there, great place but couldn't settle, came home to England last year and love it more than ever - so you can see why maybe I would empathise with 'Mrs Bradford'!

Have you emigrated yet, (if so where to) or are you still in the UK waiting to go, 'up to your neck in cack' is a little vague!!??

P.S I have been known to 'gob off' myself once in a while!!
Old Jul 11th 2007, 12:13 am

glad 2 b back is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Why take the family to what is probably the best school or should I say Academy for miles around most likley with a waiting list as long as the distance between Bradford and NZ and use it as an example of West Yorkshire schooling?
I thought the same thing as it was hardly likely that they would get in, although you never know. But didn't that school look fantastic? I was really impressed.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 6:00 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I couldn't help but think that last night's episode was a non-starter. The minute they showed the situation with the older boys not moving and the younger ones and dad not wanting to leave, it was just a pointless excercise - I thought from the start that the mum, despite her obvious homesickness, wouldn't split the family - it just wouldn't have been fair to them.

I felt sorry for her though because it must be sad to live in a place where you just don't want to be, yet have to for the sake of your family.

It's one of the down sides to emigrating so I guess it was good to highlight it.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Shivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched it. What a lovely family. I blubbed myself when the wife saw her brother at the reunion! Best of luck to them.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

can you download it on your computer? anyone got links to it please?

Kath
Old Jul 11th 2007, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Shivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond repute

Will PM you.