Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Living close to London...mistake?

Wikiposts

Living close to London...mistake?

Old Aug 13th 2006, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living close to London...mistake?

Originally Posted by davidb
I'm sure you would...........but they'd also be 'Pommie Bastards' to boot.
Yes, and they'd no doubt have dual citizenship, in which case I wonder if the 'treasonous Australian terrorists' would actually consider themsleves Australian, just because they were born in there, or if they would consider themsleves British because they have British citizenship and that is where their allegiance lies.

You could wonder the same about the 'treasonous British terrorists of Pakistani origin'.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 12:24 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Living close to London...mistake?

errr no I don't think living close to London is a mistake Petra, I've lived in / close to London for 20 years and haven't regretted a single one.

....thread back on topic?....

Buzzy
Old Aug 14th 2006, 12:55 am

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sassenach
britsh way of life =
country pubs
equal rights for women
freedom of speech
education for women
good health cover
a reasonable and fair justice system
democracy
a generally exepting indiginous population towards migrants
a green and pleasant land
freedom to breach hatred
freedom to follow what ever religion you wish
the right to self betterment via work

Life under the potential scum that so many of these PC crew are protecting =NONE OF THE ABOVE

I have never seen such a namby pamby load of PC tossers as the ones ganging up on mercedes ,these alledged terrorists are scum and if they have pakistani background and where born in britain they are PAKISTANI BRITISH SCUM end of story there is nothing racist about it ,they are what they are and lets face it if they are prepared to blow up BRITISH in the skys of america ,in my eyes born in britain or not they lose the right to be called british .
Agree with you. I read this whole thread with absolute disdain for those pc people who choose squabble over semantics to accuse Mercedes of being racist. An absolutely pathetic display of agressive over-sensitivity and these people need to find something constructive to waste their arguments on.

As for the original post - we lived in London when the last bombs went off. There is obviously an extremely low chance of you personally being the victim of a terrorist attack. I think because almost everyone you speak to in London knows someone directly or knows of someone who was caught up in the bombs, the impression is that the odds are worse than they really are. Having said that, we lived in Surrey (well inside the M25) and the long commutes on public transport certainly contributed to our decision to relocate to the south west.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
errr no I don't think living close to London is a mistake Petra, I've lived in / close to London for 20 years and haven't regretted a single one.

....thread back on topic?....

Buzzy
Thank you

By the way...what do think about house prises now
Better PM me....
Old Aug 14th 2006, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herman
Agree with you. I read this whole thread with absolute disdain for those pc people who choose squabble over semantics to accuse Mercedes of being racist. An absolutely pathetic display of agressive over-sensitivity and these people need to find something constructive to waste their arguments on.
Really? I read it with utter disdain for people that fail to see racism, subtle or blatent.... and people wonder what makes people take the path that leads down the road to something as horrible as terrorism.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 1:51 am
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: Living close to London...mistake?

Originally Posted by ladygwennie
pffft big city what did u expect? I love London, count yourself lucky and don't live your life in fear
I think he is saying that he does live in fear. I would expect people living close to London will have major anxiety about terrorist attacks now. I guess though, judging by the experience of the IRA years, that most people get used to it eventually, and get on with life.

London is Ok to visit, I would hate to live there. I always found Londoners to aggressive, unhelpful (especially to tourists), and just interested in making a fast buck.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 2:01 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Scout
Really? I read it with utter disdain for people that fail to see racism, subtle or blatent.... and people wonder what makes people take the path that leads down the road to something as horrible as terrorism.
Turn the other cheek as often as you like and keep protecting these tossers ,you will be leaving the legacy of a britain living under sharia law .Still i dont suppose it will bother you ,but your children may not like it .
This trash the PC spew makes me want to vomit ,if it was found out that british pakistani want to bomb britain into submition ,i would be the first to give them the cheque to get out and take your trash and hatred back to wherever that maybe .
The PC crowd is making britain a lily livered nation that spends more time worrying about upsetting minorities feelings instead of looking after the majority .
Old Aug 14th 2006, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Turn the other cheek as often as you like and keep protecting these tossers ,you will be leaving the legacy of a britain living under sharia law .Still i dont suppose it will bother you ,but your children may not like it .
This trash the PC spew makes me want to vomit ,if it was found out that british pakistani want to bomb britain into submition ,i would be the first to give them the cheque to get out and take your trash and hatred back to wherever that maybe .
The PC crowd is making britain a lily livered nation that spends more time worrying about upsetting minorities feelings instead of looking after the majority .
agree with you there. the pc lot has gone too far . accusing people of being racist when they are just saying it how it is leaves people afraid to speak up for what they believe is right - then we get walked over
Old Aug 14th 2006, 3:27 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez Nobody on this thread has ever said they are on the side of these terrorists and want them let off, or let Sharia law take over. What are you on??
The 'PC crowd' as you put it, are simply trying to protect the innocent minorities who are all being lumped together as terrorists trying to take over the country.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 3:31 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
I think he is saying that he does live in fear. I would expect people living close to London will have major anxiety about terrorist attacks now. I guess though, judging by the experience of the IRA years, that most people get used to it eventually, and get on with life.

London is Ok to visit, I would hate to live there. I always found Londoners to aggressive, unhelpful (especially to tourists), and just interested in making a fast buck.
Londoners are great people on the whole, they just don't make eye contact in public because there are too many weirdos about.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 3:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
Jeez Nobody on this thread has ever said they are on the side of these terrorists and want them let off, or let Sharia law take over. What are you on??
The 'PC crowd' as you put it, are simply trying to protect the innocent minorities who are all being lumped together as terrorists trying to take over the country.
Well summed up.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

Heading home is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kingfisher241049
I doubt he lives in fear. I certainly didn't when the IRA were bombing trains and I was commuting on them. It was more a drag than anything else as there were so many false alarms that caused lots of delays. The station coffee shops did well out of me at that time!

When my parents used to visit me and go up to London they always commented on how kind and helpful people were to them.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 3:56 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in London for on/off 30 years...not a day spent worrying about terrorists. You cant live a life like that.

Pakistani scum ? Its inaccurate and misleading, it is only part of the make up of this group. Islamic fundamentalist terrorists would be a more accurate description IMO. Islamic Fundamentalists in the UK and elsewhere for that matter, who have no part and no sympathies with the activities of people accused of these actions should stand up and be counted. That will separate public opinion from those that want to lead their lives and those who would like to destroy our lives.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

I don't think anyone ,including Mercedes ,was lumping everyone in together.
We are all aware that not all Muslims are terrorists and not all people of Pakistani origin are terrorists.
However - all of the terrorists and suspected terrorists are muslim and most are of Pakistani origin - fact.
It is this minority that are causing the chaos. Acknowledging this does not make us racist.
I come from an Irish family and I was acutely aware that the IRA had their own agenda and were not these wonderful freedom fighters that some thought they were. I thought they were Irish scum. My Mother on the other hand is a wonderful Irish person (sometimes ).

Last edited by jugsy; Aug 14th 2006 at 4:08 am.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 4:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jugsy
I don't think anyone ,including Mercedes ,was lumping everyone in together.
We are all aware that not all Muslims are terrorists and not all people of Pakistani origin are terrorists.
However - all of the terrorists and suspected terrorists are muslim and most are of Pakistani origin - fact.
It is this minority that are causing the chaos. Acknowledging this does not make us racist.
Nobody thinks they are racist. It's like everyone thinks they have a good sense of humour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.