It's been a week.....

Old Aug 24th 2012, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

drew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to all
Default Re: It's been a week.....

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Nice to read these upbeat updates from you guys!

Re: cars, we bought a Honda Jazz and I love it. It's really comfortable and has tons of space in the back - much more than you'd think because it has these great seats that fold down really easily - and it does 50 miles to the gallon. It's not 'cool' but I got over my cool car phase back when I had a Miata. Now I just want reliable, speedy and practical (old age!) and I don't miss my American gas guzzler one little bit.
50 miles to the gallon?!!! Holy cow!!
Old Aug 24th 2012, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by drew&venna
50 miles to the gallon?!!! Holy cow!!
Imperial gallon that is.

41.63 miles to a US gallon.

When you buy petrol in England it comes with free healthcare.
Old Aug 24th 2012, 6:41 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britwhore
Got a lovely call from our realtor today. Someone came and stole all the copper piping from under our house.

Great.

*sigh*

Trying to remain calm.......
Thats awful. I hope it gets sorted quickly.

Nice to hear everyone seems to be settling back home.
Cheers I think she was in LA
Old Aug 24th 2012, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to hear that, Britwhore, how blimmin mean!
Old Aug 24th 2012, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

drew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cheers
Imperial gallon that is.

41.63 miles to a US gallon.

When you buy petrol in England it comes with free healthcare.
Ahhh I see Still that is incredible. My Civic (supposedly) gets 30. I think the Prius gets about 50.

Thanks for the info
Old Aug 25th 2012, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Is there some way one may delete a pm without reading it......sick of flack ;(
Old Aug 25th 2012, 12:54 am
Banned

sile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nice

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
Is there some way one may delete a pm without reading it......sick of flack ;(
Why don't you just report it?
Old Aug 25th 2012, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Love the Jazz but
I'm looking at a city car.....my brother has a Nissan Murano auto which hopefully I may borrow for longer trips (dog shows) :-).
Old Aug 25th 2012, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

How do I do that (cowardly lioness) :-(
Old Aug 25th 2012, 3:19 am
Banned

sile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nice

How do I do that (cowardly lioness) :-(
I don't really know. I think SallyRedux might know..
Old Aug 25th 2012, 3:22 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: It's been a week.....

Love the Jazz but
I'm looking at a city car.....my brother has a Nissan Murano auto which hopefully I may borrow for longer trips (dog shows) :-).

We leased one of those - Nissan Murano automatic - in Singapore (Sept 2008 - June 2011). It was brand new - we went to the dealers to collect it and had to get all the last of the factory wrapping off the windscreen.

I really didn't like the car to be honest. Yes, it was roomy inside...indeed it was an extremely wide car. Too wide for small parking spaces. It had one of those cameras for reversing (not great in tropical rainstorms during the monsoon seasons as it would get fogged up lol!) Strangely enough it had a combined Bose CD/radio and would you believe it.....a slot for cassettes!!! They went the way of the DoDo about 20 years ago I think - in the tropical humidity any tapes would go mouldy in any case...

However - what I really, really didn't like about the car (and I think probably all Nissans may be the same) is that you don't put a key in the ignition. You just had to turn a knob to start the engine. My husband liked it as he likes to keep the keys in his pocket. I hated it; I always had to find somewhere to put the keys (inc. house keys, key fob) in a spare compartment or slot but there was never enough room due to other odds and ends (sunglasses, water bottle, phone etc.) I tend to wear clothes which either don't have pockets or if they do they're too small for a set of keys, and it wouldn't be comfortable anyway if sitting down and driving.

One day my spouse had to go to the US Embassy in Singapore. He drove there but you can't park at the Embassy, so when he got out I got into the drivers seat and arranged to meet him at a shopping mall within a 10 minute walking distance. After a couple of minutes a light was flashing on the dashboard and an alarm/pinging noise was going off. I suddenly realised that my spouse had gone into the Embassy secure area with the car keys in his pocket! What's more I couldn't phone him as mobile phones have to be surrendered at the security gate for all visitors. I remembered that he told me that the car will stall after about half a mile to prevent theft.

I was in a bit of a panic as I had to drive around a convoluted city road network to get to an underground car park at the shopping mall, terrified that the car would conk out in the middle of the road!

I hated the Nissan keyless system even more after that episode....yet they promote it as something to be desired! (I never did work out how to actually open the doors from a distance with the keys in my handbag).
Old Aug 27th 2012, 6:52 am
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by britwhore
Got a lovely call from our realtor today. Someone came and stole all the copper piping from under our house.

Great.

*sigh*

Trying to remain calm.......
Oh no! That's terrible! I think I remember you posting that you got quite a few offers on the house. Have you found a buyer?
Old Aug 27th 2012, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

britwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pombat - yes we ended up getting 16 offers in just under a week! We're in escrow right now but obviously the 10 day inspection contingency has had to be extended Hopefully everything else will run smoothly (fingers crossed)
Old Aug 27th 2012, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

britwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond repute

By the way how are you guys doing? Enjoying being back?

I spent today with family wandering around Port Lympne. Highly recommend to anyone wanting a really interesting day out when you're in Kent!
Old Aug 28th 2012, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Englishmum
We leased one of those - Nissan Murano automatic - in Singapore (Sept 2008 - June 2011). It was brand new - we went to the dealers to collect it and had to get all the last of the factory wrapping off the windscreen.

I really didn't like the car to be honest. Yes, it was roomy inside...indeed it was an extremely wide car. Too wide for small parking spaces. It had one of those cameras for reversing (not great in tropical rainstorms during the monsoon seasons as it would get fogged up lol!) Strangely enough it had a combined Bose CD/radio and would you believe it.....a slot for cassettes!!! They went the way of the DoDo about 20 years ago I think - in the tropical humidity any tapes would go mouldy in any case...

However - what I really, really didn't like about the car (and I think probably all Nissans may be the same) is that you don't put a key in the ignition. You just had to turn a knob to start the engine. My husband liked it as he likes to keep the keys in his pocket. I hated it; I always had to find somewhere to put the keys (inc. house keys, key fob) in a spare compartment or slot but there was never enough room due to other odds and ends (sunglasses, water bottle, phone etc.) I tend to wear clothes which either don't have pockets or if they do they're too small for a set of keys, and it wouldn't be comfortable anyway if sitting down and driving.

One day my spouse had to go to the US Embassy in Singapore. He drove there but you can't park at the Embassy, so when he got out I got into the drivers seat and arranged to meet him at a shopping mall within a 10 minute walking distance. After a couple of minutes a light was flashing on the dashboard and an alarm/pinging noise was going off. I suddenly realised that my spouse had gone into the Embassy secure area with the car keys in his pocket! What's more I couldn't phone him as mobile phones have to be surrendered at the security gate for all visitors. I remembered that he told me that the car will stall after about half a mile to prevent theft.

I was in a bit of a panic as I had to drive around a convoluted city road network to get to an underground car park at the shopping mall, terrified that the car would conk out in the middle of the road!

I hated the Nissan keyless system even more after that episode....yet they promote it as something to be desired! (I never did work out how to actually open the doors from a distance with the keys in my handbag).
Oh my gosh.....yes I would have been very insecure too....Yes they are very wide but living in the USA and having the big brother (so to speak) Infiniti FX 35, driving on the motorways would surely not be a problem. I would never drive a Murano in the city of Belfast. Most cars now start without putting a key in a starter. I like that. I can keep my key in my purse The Jazz is very tempting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.