Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Isn't anyone else fed up with this weather?

Isn't anyone else fed up with this weather?

Old Jan 16th 2010, 11:57 am
Just Joined

here we come is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Isn't anyone else fed up with this weather?

Originally Posted by kporte
Have to admit at 35 degrees in Brisbane, I am out on the bike, walking the dog, playing golf and in the pool. Hat, sunnies and cream of course!
Never had a day I've not been able to enjoy because of the heat.
Cant believe you would take your dog out in 35 degrees ??
Old Jan 16th 2010, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by here we come
It's a Chihuahua and evolved to cope with heat. She loves it and drinks very little water due to her natural wet diet, and heat loving metabolism.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 12:21 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by here we come
This has just reminded me of a funny incident we had in Sydney.
We took our pooch for a walk along the cliff tops at Coogee beach. It wasnt that hot when we set out, but the temps must have soared well up into the 30s.
We decided to walk back down the cliffs to go home. After a few minutes i realised the dog was missing. I turned round to see a small crowd had gathered under a tree ad were laughing. Our pooch had decided to go on strike, laid on her back and wouldnt walk anymore OH had to pick her up and carry her back to the car!!!
Old Jan 16th 2010, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
This has just reminded me of a funny incident we had in Sydney.
We took our pooch for a walk along the cliff tops at Coogee beach. It wasnt that hot when we set out, but the temps must have soared well up into the 30s.
We decided to walk back down the cliffs to go home. After a few minutes i realised the dog was missing. I turned round to see a small crowd had gathered under a tree ad were laughing. Our pooch had decided to go on strike, laid on her back and wouldnt walk anymore OH had to pick her up and carry her back to the car!!!
I always carry water but she never takes any!
Old Jan 16th 2010, 12:46 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

yeah we always took water, even wasted money on one of those canvas doggie drink bowls, but she doesnt drink it either. Was funny though especially when OH put the lead on her and she still refused to get up and he was dragging her along the grass on her back
Old Jan 16th 2010, 1:28 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bevm
I'm all for enjoying being back in England, but I'm definitely not happy with this weather. Is it just because I'm back from Canada, not OZ?

Back in Victoria, it's chugging along at 5-10 degrees, which isn't unusual for January and is much more my cup of tea. I'm enjoying other things about being home, but not this weather. I was prepared for a nippy winter up here in Yorkshire, but not this.

A question -- if this is the pattern for the future (snow, ice, and cold that begins about Christmas and lasts till March, which this might) would it make you think of moving elsewhere? I've heard rumours that the Gulf Stream has weakened, and that would be the result.

Bev
I woke up this morning to GREEN grass, all the snow has gone, much as I love the snow I do hate the ice

Got an email from my daughter in Oz, she had been for a 2 hour walk with the dog and when she got back was sweating and had blowies all over her back DEFO do not miss them buggers!!!

Barb
Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Wrong thing its been humid as hell, like breathing through glue, kids have only been back from UK 6 days and have spent most of that time with the AC on high, god only knows what the elec bill will be !!!!!! And I have been down the nicklin way 3 times today, bring back memories I could have shot myself.

However if you still feel like that we could switch. 35 predicted next week, revolting.

Lived on the Gold Coast for 10yrs now and this is the most uncomfortable summer I've had. Staying indoors to avoid the heat and humidity with the air-con on, no sign of anyone on the streets. It's just too hot and humid..As someone said, horses for courses, this horse will be changing course as soon as possible.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:17 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
I woke up this morning to GREEN grass, all the snow has gone, much as I love the snow I do hate the ice

Got an email from my daughter in Oz, she had been for a 2 hour walk with the dog and when she got back was sweating and had blowies all over her back DEFO do not miss them buggers!!!

Barb
AND some of the spring bulbs are starting to come up already
Old Jan 19th 2010, 9:12 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Wrong thing its been humid as hell, like breathing through glue, kids have only been back from UK 6 days and have spent most of that time with the AC on high, god only knows what the elec bill will be !!!!!! And I have been down the nicklin way 3 times today, bring back memories I could have shot myself.

However if you still feel like that we could switch. 35 predicted next week, revolting.
Ha! The Nicklin........ well, that's made me feel a bit better for now...
Old Jan 20th 2010, 1:57 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Uh oh, it's started to snow again here, just kinda small sleety flakes though and none sticking to the ground so far......
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

ElizabethR will become famous soon enoughElizabethR will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Uh oh, it's started to snow again here, just kinda small sleety flakes though and none sticking to the ground so far......
So great, I can hardly breathe it is so hot here at the mo
Old Jan 24th 2010, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving

You can really go off some people

Old Jan 24th 2010, 11:58 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
You can really go off some people
Move to coastal BC!

Okay, I know it's expensive there, but Victoria will be doing their blossom count soon,

Bev
Old Jan 24th 2010, 2:34 pm
Banned

Neil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to behold

Why dont you take some water for her then
Old Jan 24th 2010, 2:45 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neil52
Why dont you take some water for her then
Takes = drinks in this context, I think. You can't drink for your dog.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.