Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

If you could have a 'time' holiday?

If you could have a 'time' holiday?

Old Jan 2nd 2012, 7:02 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you could have a 'time' holiday?

Originally Posted by nethead
I think dairy products make Westerners smell really bad to those in the Far East who don't consume much (or maybe that's an urban myth?)

I think I'd like to be a teenager around the time that Rock and Roll took off in the USA or maybe when the Beatles had just started.
I'd heard that about dairy products too, that the majority of Asians thought westerners smelled of sour milk. Don't know whether its bs or not though.
I wonder if vegans smell nice lol
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

I would probably go back to 1980 - just a couple of years before my father died - would be nice to see him again ...
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 12:51 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I would visit some time between 1930 and 1960.

One very interesting option already mentioned is London during the blitz. Assuming I'm furnished with a ration book and other period necessities, I think I could reconcile myself to the food limitations.. I'm not sure if I could live without a luxurious shower with unlimited hot water at least once a day though..

Any time from 1930 to 1960, I would make a point of visiting the old Euston Station.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Squirrel
I'd not heard that. Sounds interesting.
I worked with a man who once was married to a Scotswoman. As they both had rather fiery personalities, of course, they divorced, but she stayed in the US and developed her own way of living. One of those ways involved never washing her hair! It was her belief that if one never washed one's hair, nature would take over, the flora and fauna of a "dirty" head would balance themselves and eventually there would be no need for shampoo, etc. As their daughter was also working with us for a bit, the Scots mother came to the office to visit. Her hair not only looked good and clean, there was also no odor that I could detect - and she had a full head of very thick, long hair. This would seem to support the low odor theory, it seems to me.