Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

How access Barclays from abroad?

How access Barclays from abroad?

Old Nov 13th 2021, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Nypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How access Barclays from abroad?

Originally Posted by durham_lad
When we arrived in England with our US iPads and iPhones we had to switch from the US Apple store to the UK Apple store to get apps such as UK banking apps. Even when they are free, UK only apps can’t be accessed if the Apple device is still registered to the Apple US store.
When you switched to the British apple store durhamlad, did you have to physically go into a British store or can you do it online? Where is the nearest apple store in the north east?
Old Nov 13th 2021, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nypool1e
When you switched to the British apple store durhamlad, did you have to physically go into a British store or can you do it online? Where is the nearest apple store in the north east?
You do it online.

From your iPad or iPhone goto Settings, then click on your name at top left, then in the right panel click on Media and Purchases, "view account" and from there you can switch region or country. You need a valid credit card for the country you select.
Old Nov 13th 2021, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Nypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by durham_lad
You do it online.

From your iPad or iPhone goto Settings, then click on your name at top left, then in the right panel click on Media and Purchases, "view account" and from there you can switch region or country. You need a valid credit card for the country you select.
Thanks durhamlad, I did exactly as you wrote, when I went to media & purchases I was told I had to cancel my Apple TV service before proceeding which is what I’ll do when I get to England, thanks again.
Old Nov 13th 2021, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Tinyburst has a spectacular aura aboutTinyburst has a spectacular aura aboutTinyburst has a spectacular aura about

I have 2 apple accounts. Using 2 email addresses. At one point (when I only had a USA account I couldn’t update my Nationwide BS app. That is when I decided to open a UK account. I just log out of my USA account and then log in using my UK account details. In this way I don’t have to cancel my subscriptions.

Originally Posted by Nypool1e
Thanks durhamlad, I did exactly as you wrote, when I went to media & purchases I was told I had to cancel my Apple TV service before proceeding which is what I’ll do when I get to England, thanks again.
Old Nov 13th 2021, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tinyburst
I have 2 apple accounts. Using 2 email addresses. At one point (when I only had a USA account I couldn’t update my Nationwide BS app. That is when I decided to open a UK account. I just log out of my USA account and then log in using my UK account details. In this way I don’t have to cancel my subscriptions.
Good tip, I’ll have to try that.