Guess what?

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 1:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Guess what?

Pearly,

Are you really sure, you can stick it for another 6 months? I know the job situation is a big worry, I am in same boat, no job offer to go back too, but staying here isn't going to help that situation very much. Yes, I would keep earning, but at what cost..... Its time for me to be home.... I know we are going to be eating into our house savings, but its a question of prioirities. House prices have dropped quite a lot in the UK, so that should offset some of our losses.

(Obviously, if I am not working in six months time....ignore everything I say )

Last edited by scrubbedexpat055; Nov 3rd 2008 at 1:47 am. Reason: typo
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 2:29 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ValeSpark
Pearly,

Are you really sure, you can stick it for another 6 months? I know the job situation is a big worry, I am in same boat, no job offer to go back too, but staying here isn't going to help that situation very much. Yes, I would keep earning, but at what cost..... Its time for me to be home.... I know we are going to be eating into our house savings, but its a question of prioirities. House prices have dropped quite a lot in the UK, so that should offset some of our losses.

(Obviously, if I am not working in six months time....ignore everything I say )
Hi Vale ( and sorry Nushooz for hogging your news )

I know what your saying. My head is fit to burst with it all, but hubbie's just about given up on the recruitment people back home and believes we're better off here earning money/saving money to go home with than going back and spending our savings even tho house prices are still dropping. We want to go back to something better than what we left so we're going to need all our deposit and more.
I'm trying to get my head around it all and still hoping we'll hear good news before our deadline in 3 weeks comes around. If nothing good comes through within 3 weeks we're here till next June.
Gonna pass me some more Neurofen please?
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

AudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Yes, Sold the god damn house at last

Thank the lord.

Flights already booked for Heathrow, we fly 11th Jan..hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Then we stay in London for 2 days, hit the shops as we only have shorts and T-shirts.

10 weeks to go.
Congrats Nu-Shooz, you are so lucky, hope I'll be saying those same words soon too, although we are going over for a 'look-n-see' (more for OH sake) in Dec., also staying in London for 2nights, but trying to find accommodation that is suitable for a family, and that has luggage storage facilities is proving to be very difficult!!!!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 7:47 am
Just Joined

ExPostmanPat is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 10:56 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Thanks everyone.

Just had some shit news, OH mum has lung cancer and has been told she has 3-6 months to live

It's put a bummer on things for us, but we are still going back. Thing is my mum in UK has cancer too....many mixed emotions in our house at the mo i tell ya!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:12 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks everyone.

Just had some shit news, OH mum has lung cancer and has been told she has 3-6 months to live

It's put a bummer on things for us, but we are still going back. Thing is my mum in UK has cancer too....many mixed emotions in our house at the mo i tell ya!

oh no how awful, sending you all Karma that you get through this hard time
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:20 am
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone.

OMG R - really sorry - ring if you want a chat
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:22 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, Sold the god damn house at last

Thank the lord.
just read this update...great news
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:23 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone.

oh no! just read this now..thinking of you guys
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:33 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by islandergirl
That's a real shame pearly, have you tried applying with a UK address/phone number instead of the Aussie ones (there have been other posts about this, ask Flea what she did) seems to get a better response.

On the positive side, moving in June will be less of a shock to the system climatewise than January.

good one, i hadn't thought of that
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:43 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by TruBrit
oh no! just read this now..thinking of you guys
Just read the Karma msg....thanks, that sounds very positive. I don't get along with my MIL, but i do feel my OH's pain. It's an awful time for him moving back to UK not knowing when he will see his mum again. It couldn't have come at a worse time.
Both our mothers have cancer, one lives here in Perth, other in UK.

Never thought we would be in this dilema.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Oh that's horrible Nu Shooz.

Is it possible that you go and he stays for the 3-6 months to bury his mum?

That sounds awful, it's a Catch 22 whichever way you look at it, though she may pass away before you leave in January.

I also have an Australian MIL who has not been very nice to me either, so I understand 100% how you feel, but maybe if your OH stays a bit longer (alone) then he will be less likely to regret (and blame you) and feel guilty.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:33 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Thats horrible news R.

My best wishes to all of you. Not an easy time right now.

Hugs xx
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 10:33 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone.

ohhhhhhh nu-shooz am soooo sorry to read this
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 10:40 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

Very sorry to read the latest, rock and hard place, spring to mind.

Not had to go through this with my parents, but lost MIL to cancer a number of years ago. The best I was able to do was to talk plainly with the doctors so that I could understand timescales etc. I think you guys need to know what the immediate future holds, so you can make some practical decisions.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.