Greetings from the UK

Old Nov 26th 2007, 3:13 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice
Default Re: Greetings from the UK

Originally Posted by Titchski
As my trip home draws to a close, I have been somewhat disappointed not to have seen hundreds of thousands of Pole dancers roaming the streets. The Daily Mail said they were here, but I've yet to see one sequinned thong

Fly home on Wednesday - this is my last day in Brum
Have a great flight back dear Sorry it has gone so fast.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
Bet the time flown eh. Have a good flight back - I'll be following you back to Florida soon enough myself...
I noticed there were fewer people in Florida lately. Less traffic etc.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 4:00 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Titchski
As my trip home draws to a close, I have been somewhat disappointed not to have seen hundreds of thousands of Pole dancers roaming the streets. The Daily Mail said they were here, but I've yet to see one sequinned thong

Fly home on Wednesday - this is my last day in Brum
DH arrives in Brum Sat am, shall tell him to look out (not too closely, ) for Pole dancers and/or sequinned thongs.

He has been fussfacing when it's been cooler here in GA lately. What a wuss!
Old Nov 26th 2007, 4:29 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
DH arrives in Brum Sat am, shall tell him to look out (not too closely, ) for Pole dancers and/or sequinned thongs.

He has been fussfacing when it's been cooler here in GA lately. What a wuss!
What on earth does that mean???
Thats right up there with "Wopper-jawed"
And Americans say that the Brits come out with some odd expressions.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

Sharlene will become famous soon enough

Well said, as a Bahamian living in the USA for 32 years by way of NY, NJ & now FL I am so looking forward to my new life in the UK. I thought the weather would get to me, the unfriendly people would bother me, but in the end; its how I react to these situations that will determine the outcome of my mood. So I joyfully await to start my new life because at the end of the day; a house is not a home if there is no one there awaiting your arrival.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:02 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Xebedee
What on earth does that mean???
Thats right up there with "Wopper-jawed"
And Americans say that the Brits come out with some odd expressions.
Well it's a bit more than whinging and much less than pouting or pitching a fit.

My Mom uses one that I can't even spell, and I know it's an OLD New England, therefore originally UK phrase-it sounds like gawman (sp?), as in That package was a gawman thing (meaning oversized or awkward). Like gormless but with n or nd on the end.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:25 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Well it's a bit more than whinging and much less than pouting or pitching a fit.

My Mom uses one that I can't even spell, and I know it's an OLD New England, therefore originally UK phrase-it sounds like gawman (sp?), as in That package was a gawman thing (meaning oversized or awkward). Like gormless but with n or nd on the end.
There is "gurt" which is still in use over there. Not quite the same, so never mind.
Sounds like gawd a bit.
For odd expressions, the Cornish have it hands down. Their "language" is not even of this earth. If memory serves, they were one of the peoples that the Celts didn't manage to overpower. Which means they're older than f*#k. Of course, I may be wrong - but at least it sounds good.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:31 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sharlene
Well said, as a Bahamian living in the USA for 32 years by way of NY, NJ & now FL I am so looking forward to my new life in the UK. I thought the weather would get to me, the unfriendly people would bother me, but in the end; its how I react to these situations that will determine the outcome of my mood. So I joyfully await to start my new life because at the end of the day; a house is not a home if there is no one there awaiting your arrival.
Sounds interesting. May I be so nosy as to ask you why you are going there?

Sorry, just saw your avatar - it hadn't come up when I posted. I hope you enjoy it. To be able to hop onto a plane and within an hour or two be in a completely different culture/country sounds like heaven to me
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:38 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by Xebedee
There is "gurt" which is still in use over there. Not quite the same, so never mind.
Sounds like gawd a bit.
For odd expressions, the Cornish have it hands down. Their "language" is not even of this earth. If memory serves, they were one of the peoples that the Celts didn't manage to overpower. Which means they're older than f*#k. Of course, I may be wrong - but at least it sounds good.
The whole dialectic thing is fascinating-little pockets of places hanging on to funny words or phrases.
You'll have to excuse me, I'm still on the Beowulf language tangent. It doesn't take much to have me off and away on a subject
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:46 pm
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute

To the UK you are acoming, eh? Thirty two years in the States and you're looking forward to a new life here. Well, good on you, sport.

Hey, there are friendly and not so friendly folk in all lands. But as you rightly say, it's how you react.

When is it plannned, this embarkation?

---
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

Sharlene will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by britex01
To the UK you are acoming, eh? Thirty two years in the States and you're looking forward to a new life here. Well, good on you, sport.

Hey, there are friendly and not so friendly folk in all lands. But as you rightly say, it's how you react.

When is it plannned, this embarkation?

---
The earliest I can arrive is May due to me bringing my pets over and as everyone knows the UK pet travel laws are not easy so until then; I go over for a week, then my husband will be here for 2 weeks for the holidays. We will travel back and forth each month until I'm there permanently.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought the weather would get to me, the unfriendly people would bother me
weather....unfriendly peeps

i've just returned from a few weeks in the uk and we've just had a wonderful autumn, well down in surrey anyway... just so pretty with lots of dry sunny days and the peeps are very friendly, well they are where i'm from anyway and i take as i find which counts for anywhere for that matter. i'm back again soon for xmas and can't wait

all the best with your new life in the uk
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:24 pm
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute

The earliest I can arrive is May due to me bringing my pets over and as everyone knows the UK pet travel laws are not easy so until then; I go over for a week, then my husband will be here for 2 weeks for the holidays. We will travel back and forth each month until I'm there permanently.
May is usually a lovely time of year, sorta late spring, with a fresh bloom of colour and foliage carpeting the entire country (apart from the concreted bits!). I wouldn't say that everyone knows about the UK pet travel laws. I certainly don't, as I have no need. Even so, I hope your pets will transit without problems.

Travelling back and forth across the pond each month... Goodness, can't you sprout wings, or adapt a 'beam me up, Scotty' routine? Lot easier!

Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:07 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
bicester is getting expensive too these days...but quality market...well it was last time I was there
My mate bought one of the ex Army houses in Ambrosden, it wasn't a bad price. The cost of houses here, are on a par with what we paid for our house in AZ. As soon as I've paid off my credit card balance from getting set up over here, then I'll start working on saving a deposit for a house.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:10 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
You've got to get to Summertown and check out LB's, it's the best Lebanese food around...or if you like proper chinese on the cheap, the chinese over the bridge past glocester green rocks.

Things probably haven't changed much, and if your not fussy, The Blenheim pub behind westgate centre does the best steak and chips, sure it's a gay pub, but it's quiet at lunch and not filled with students unlike the Lion, The Camel etc....oh, but the pub opposite Checkers down the side alley is superb but the name escapes me, but speaking of checkers, the chippy next door down the side alley is the best...hmmm....I miss that place...that and the dude that does the kebab van on St Giles....hungry now
Are you thinking of Hussain's?

Was in Oxford on Friday, ended up getting a £100 parking ticket. Tyler threw up all over himself, so we were held up. I doubt they'll let me off for that, but I've got to at least try.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.