Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

The Good News In UK Thread

Wikiposts

The Good News In UK Thread

Old Dec 4th 2008, 1:07 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Good News In UK Thread

Loads of sales on in the shops......Super markets all cutting prices...House prices dropped again in November...Morgage rate down to 2% .......help with stopping reposessions.
Karen Mathews has been found guilty of kidnapping her daughter Yay!!! Not so good for daughter or is it????

Its been snowing altho it missed me last night haha Oh and its Christmas and i carn't wait
Old Dec 4th 2008, 3:18 am
Account Closed

jackuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Despite the politics of it all there is gratitude and respect towards to our brave boys and girls serving in the armed forces in Iraq , Afghanistan and other parts of the world .
Old Dec 4th 2008, 11:14 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Good news, could be a white Christmas in UK this year
Old Dec 4th 2008, 11:15 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by sans
Loads of sales on in the shops......Super markets all cutting prices...House prices dropped again in November...Morgage rate down to 2% .......help with stopping reposessions.
Karen Mathews has been found guilty of kidnapping her daughter Yay!!! Not so good for daughter or is it????

Its been snowing altho it missed me last night haha Oh and its Christmas and i carn't wait
2% wow, bring it on

Don't think we could move back at a better time.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 11:17 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
2% wow, bring it on

Don't think we could move back at a better time.
Correct!

They are so desperate to get people spending that there are deals in every sector that will probably never be seen again! For those of us going back its fandabidozey!
Old Dec 4th 2008, 11:58 am
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Flea, here's my good news link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7511192.stm
Old Dec 4th 2008, 1:46 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricket1
Well done Flea, here's my good news link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7511192.stm
"However, 65% of people said they thought rates had gone up nationally. But the same proportion again thought crime had fallen locally." That sums it up, doesn't it?

Good thread, Flea.

All I can add is that friends and relatives over there seem to be happy, with no yen to move anywhere else.

Bev
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:12 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bevm
"However, 65% of people said they thought rates had gone up nationally. But the same proportion again thought crime had fallen locally." That sums it up, doesn't it?

Good thread, Flea.

All I can add is that friends and relatives over there seem to be happy, with no yen to move anywhere else.

Bev
Exactly Bev

I cannot bare most journalists. They generally try to ram their opinions down everyone elses throat, and more often than not, truth comes way down their list of priorities. Spinning and manipulating the truth for their own agenda is their aim most of the time.

BUT... the good news is.. heres a small piece of positive reporting. Hallelujah
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light

Can somebody please point me in the direction of a 2% mortgage rate ?

We still have our house in the UK and looking to remortgage soon, but the best rate i can find is 4.99%

Thanks

Stuart
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:41 pm
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by Stu Ward

We still have our house in the UK and looking to remortgage soon, but the best rate i can find is 4.99%

Thanks

Stuart
I think Sans has got mixed up with the BOE slashing its interest rates to 2% not actually getting mortgages for that rate....yet

Although morally, you would think they should do it for 2% wouldnt you? In fact, lets be harsh and say,considering the mess they have got everyone into we deserve 0% for at east 5yrs
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:57 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Sans and i talked about this in another thread last week, but i thought it would be a good idea to designate a thread just for people to post good news about the UK. I am so sick of the doom and gloom spouted off all the time so how about when we read or hear somethng that is good news for the UK share it with us!!

I'll start with this. Whilst it will not be good news to go back to UK and end up losing your job in the credit crunch, it has just been announced that several UK banks are about to sign up to this to help prevent anyone who loses their job also lose their home

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Bus...heir_Mortgages

I also heard that B&Q announced profits of £186 million so it appears theres still money flying aroun for DIY

Morrsions supermarket announced profits up by 8.6% So they aint going bankrupt

Have you got any good news?
Well, I haven't heard any news about the UK for a short while now and I was always lead to believe that 'no news is good news'.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 3:35 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea for a thread. Why didn't we think of it before now???
BTW Flea - you not get my last PM?

XX
Old Dec 4th 2008, 7:37 pm
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Good idea for a thread. Why didn't we think of it before now???
BTW Flea - you not get my last PM?

XX
eh? I go check. I just had a nanna nap
Old Dec 4th 2008, 8:46 pm
I don't give a damn

Damn... Sky news just said Woolworths is having a one day sale and all their stuff is 50% off!!

Trust my luck to be 12,000 miles away from the pick and mix!
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:47 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stu Ward

Thanks

Stuart
Give them chance It only happened yesterday.....The government are insisting the banks pass it on, altho some are not impressed. I believe the Halifax are def going to pass it on and have already dropped the clause they had on their tracker morgages....of a bottom rate of 3%..........

My OH was listening to a discussion on the radio yesterday and they were saying...that they reckoned it will go even lower????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.