Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

The Good News In UK Thread

Wikiposts

The Good News In UK Thread

Old Dec 3rd 2008, 6:18 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Good News In UK Thread

Sans and i talked about this in another thread last week, but i thought it would be a good idea to designate a thread just for people to post good news about the UK. I am so sick of the doom and gloom spouted off all the time so how about when we read or hear somethng that is good news for the UK share it with us!!

I'll start with this. Whilst it will not be good news to go back to UK and end up losing your job in the credit crunch, it has just been announced that several UK banks are about to sign up to this to help prevent anyone who loses their job also lose their home

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Bus...heir_Mortgages

I also heard that B&Q announced profits of £186 million so it appears theres still money flying aroun for DIY

Morrsions supermarket announced profits up by 8.6% So they aint going bankrupt

Have you got any good news?
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 6:38 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Good News In UK Thread

Her's some good news for those going to Birmingham or its surrounds

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Bus...n_Bank_Of_Brum
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 10:03 pm
I don't give a damn

Oh well, I guess i'm the only one trying to be positive in here then

Come on you miserable lot!!

Lets find something good to talk about........... please?
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 10:03 pm
Account Closed

jackuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Theres is now a two and a half percent cut off VAT, so for every £10.00 you spend you get 22p back !!!!!, its incredible all are concerns are over.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 10:05 pm
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by jackuk
Theres is now a two and a half percent cut off VAT, so for every £10.00 you spend you get 22p back !!!!!, its incredible all are concerns are over.
Take your tongue out of your cheek!
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

backagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Her's some good news for those going to Birmingham or its surrounds

The page has gone from the sky site unfortunately so I can't see the story. What was it?
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 10:26 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by backagen
The page has gone from the sky site unfortunately so I can't see the story. What was it?
It just worked for me. Try this link:

Old Dec 3rd 2008, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

backagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a nice one from the Bolton News (my home town)

Bolton has a police service with a smile

11:20am Thursday 4th December 2008
By Amanda Smith »

THEY help old ladies across the road, reunite lost children with their mums and point tourists in the right direction — but do they get any thanks?
Now police in Bolton have embarked on a new initiative to highlight their good community work to boost their image.
The scheme will also show the more serious side to their positive community work, such as looking after repeat victims of crime.
Focus on Quality aims to show shining examples of when officers have gone an extra mile to help people in their area.
It will move away from crime statistics and will instead highlight results that have made a real difference to the community, such as officers going into schools to talk to youngsters about crime.
Insp Chris Makin, who is leading the programme, said: “These are the sort of things that officers do regularly and can go unnoticed.
“But we want to show people in the community what we are doing to build trust and confidence between us and our customers.
“In the past, we have concentrated on quantative targets and, to some extent, neglected the quality of the work that our people do."
Bolton is one of four areas in Greater Manchester which is taking part in the six-month pilot project.
The system involves officers and staff sending a short email to their supervisor at the end of each month detailing up to six jobs.
It will then be used to feedback to people in the community at meetings such as area forums.
If it is a success, the scheme could be rolled out across Greater Manchester next year.
It has been developed as part of the Putting People First programme.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Here's some good news for Northern Ireland's construction industry

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7753171.stm
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dunroving
It just worked for me. Try this link:

That doesn't work for me either, just get this
Server Error

Error

Sorry the page that you are looking for does not exist. Please use your browser back button to return to your previous page. Or alternatively visit one of our sky sites listed below.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 10:41 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by backagen
That doesn't work for me either, just get this
Server Error http://news.sky.com/sky-news/app/img/sky_logo_grey.gif

Error

Sorry the page that you are looking for does not exist. Please use your browser back button to return to your previous page. Or alternatively visit one of our sky sites listed below.
You must have been blacklisted for not paying your Sky bill before you left the UK.

You could try right-click, Copy Shortcut, then paste into your browser address bar ... that's all I can think of.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 10:43 pm
I don't give a damn

You must have been blacklisted for not paying your Sky bill before you left the UK.

You could try right-click, Copy Shortcut, then paste into your browser address bar ... that's all I can think of.
ROFLMAO

Yes, did you leave without paying your bill B? Naughty boy!!!
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

I tried that! As for not paying my sky bill, that's true. I have never, ever paid a sky bill and never will. It's a rip off! If I want to watch TV I just download whatever I want to watch from the internet. Why pay?
Old Dec 4th 2008, 12:09 am
Ping-ponger

BoE interest rates just went down to 2%, lowest they've been for 57 years:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7764741.stm
Old Dec 4th 2008, 12:54 am
Account Closed

jackuk is an unknown quantity at this point

20 percent off day at Marks and Sparks, free bucks fizz and sweets ,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.