To go or not to go....

Old Sep 15th 2012, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To go or not to go....

Dual citizenship is a wonderful gift to pass to your children if you can find a way to swing it. There are lots of possibilities given that you have probably not yet met your soulmate. For example you might meet an Englishman who wants to do an OE in NZ.

Finding a way to move back without burning bridges is the trick. Hopefully you can give your acquired "stuff" (eg kitchenware, sports goods) to someone likely to give it back to you in the event of more yo-yoing.

Good luck! Life is an adventure.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

brit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Awwwwww don't think you are a failure! At least you gave it a go which is more than most people do I don't have kids so can't really offer any advice here but reading through your posts on this thread you sound like a good mother to me so good luck and keep us posted on how things turn out for you and your family!
Thankyou by reading your past posts realised your prepping to return back temporarily or permanently. You have made a wise decision with the removal company, its true its no point being somewhere unhappy, we only live once I will keep you all posted & hope you do likewise
Old Sep 16th 2012, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

Beccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the rough

thank you all i appreciate your comments I feel a failure as this is my second marriage
I totally hear you on this one, as I am also on my second marriage- I know the pressure that can come with feeling like things aren't going so great. Thing is like you said, you only live once, so there's no use in having regrets are being hard on ourselves for things that really aren't in our control. If we're unhappy we find a way to make it better, plain and simple.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 6:50 am
Just Joined

Maggiepie is just really niceMaggiepie is just really niceMaggiepie is just really niceMaggiepie is just really niceMaggiepie is just really niceMaggiepie is just really niceMaggiepie is just really niceMaggiepie is just really niceMaggiepie is just really nice

Originally Posted by feelbritish
Oh my I feel for you. I agree and as previously stated, I also don't know the law but I would hot foot it out of there like a shot! Have the baby in UK and if this guys loves you enough I am sure he will come back. Are you able to take care of yourself, have family there to look after when baby is born?
Feel for you too. As the above poster says, if the guy loves you enough he will come back to the UK. If you stay in Canada and he doesn't love you enough, then he can control your life by preventing you from leaving with your child.

UK=you are in control of your own life
Old Sep 26th 2012, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

brit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud of

Just a quick update I saw my doctor last week I mentioned what I wanted to do. He said he doesnt want me to travel after 32wks & i need to get a routine diabetes blood test done but I don't want to do it in case a negative result comes back and he stops me from going! Can he force me to get it done? I'm sure I'm fine & there's no serious history with me apart from one cousin I know who takes insulin everyday. I suppose i could get it done in UK for reassurance. I will be having the baby shower mid October but don't want to tell family if my plans. As far as hubby's concerned he thinks I'm not serious about going & this makes me want to go even more! I'm thinking mid november
Old Sep 26th 2012, 8:59 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brit09
Just a quick update I saw my doctor last week I mentioned what I wanted to do. He said he doesnt want me to travel after 32wks & i need to get a routine diabetes blood test done but I don't want to do it in case a negative result comes back and he stops me from going! Can he force me to get it done? I'm sure I'm fine & there's no serious history with me apart from one cousin I know who takes insulin everyday. I suppose i could get it done in UK for reassurance. I will be having the baby shower mid October but don't want to tell family if my plans. As far as hubby's concerned he thinks I'm not serious about going & this makes me want to go even more! I'm thinking mid november
What is the airline cut off for flying? Do you need a Doctors note to fly? I'd contact the airlines and ask.
Also are you high risk for some reason or is he making excuses to stop you going because he doesn't think you should go? When are you due.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
What is the airline cut off for flying? Do you need a Doctors note to fly? I'd contact the airlines and ask.
Also are you high risk for some reason or is he making excuses to stop you going because he doesn't think you should go? When are you due.
Hi. I was going to book with British airways. Most airlines request a docs note after 28wks. I am not high risk but asked my doctors secretary she mentionef that i had a previous
c-section & maybe because I'm over 35 years old there can be more complications/downs baby etc.? I am due first week of Jan. But can expect anything from Christmas. I don't think I'm going to take the blood test for diabetes & next time just mention my flight is booked lol
Old Sep 27th 2012, 1:00 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. I was going to book with British airways. Most airlines request a docs note after 28wks. I am not high risk but asked my doctors secretary she mentionef that i had a previous
c-section & maybe because I'm over 35 years old there can be more complications/downs baby etc.? I am due first week of Jan. But can expect anything from Christmas. I don't think I'm going to take the blood test for diabetes & next time just mention my flight is booked lol
Good luck. I'd fly sooner rather than later. No way to go by 28 weeks I suppose? Not exactly sure when that would be without a calender in front of me.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

I am 26 wks now. No way can I fly in the next 2wks! I have to go on mat leave, got a baby shower organised for me, want to send off my citizenship application & need to take time to pack as I won't be back for now. I'll book the flight within the next 2wks, Mid Nov will be just right but thanks if I could leave earlier I would.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Beccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the rough

Will you be able to get a doctor's note to fly? Does BA request that?

Honestly, the diabetes test is very routine and your doctor is just doing what all doctors do. Regardless of going or not you should still take the test. It could be devastating for both you and the baby if you do have GD and it goes untreated.

I guess I'm not understanding why you would not want to do the test? There is no way they can keep you there just because you have gestational diabetes and it's important to know if you do.

Does your husband know yet that you will be going back?
Old Sep 27th 2012, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Beccarose
Will you be able to get a doctor's note to fly? Does BA request that?

Honestly, the diabetes test is very routine and your doctor is just doing what all doctors do. Regardless of going or not you should still take the test. It could be devastating for both you and the baby if you do have GD and it goes untreated.

I guess I'm not understanding why you would not want to do the test? There is no way they can keep you there just because you have gestational diabetes and it's important to know if you do.

Does your husband know yet that you will be going back?
Yes I did my homework, BA & most airlines request a doc note after 28wks. I'm hoping in the next 2wks to get that @ my next appt. I am a bit apprehensive to take the test as I have read on medical websites that docs have refused pregnant ladies to fly or write doc notes! He can
keep me here. I wouldnt want to put myself or baby @ risk but once i get to UK i can do the test no problem its just getting there! I mentioned in my previous post hubby knows I want to go but doesn't think I'm serious he thinks I'll change my mind but I won't. That's why I don't want to tell too many people/family as they will try & talk me out of it
Old Sep 28th 2012, 11:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I did my homework, BA & most airlines request a doc note after 28wks. I'm hoping in the next 2wks to get that @ my next appt. I am a bit apprehensive to take the test as I have read on medical websites that docs have refused pregnant ladies to fly or write doc notes! He can
keep me here. I wouldnt want to put myself or baby @ risk but once i get to UK i can do the test no problem its just getting there! I mentioned in my previous post hubby knows I want to go but doesn't think I'm serious he thinks I'll change my mind but I won't. That's why I don't want to tell too many people/family as they will try & talk me out of it
Why don't you put baby first and travel sooner rather than later.
Old Sep 29th 2012, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Why don't you put baby first and travel sooner rather than later.
Hi. I am trying to organise other important things too its not like I'm not putting baby first but if I just dig up & leave that's not wise.Its not always good to be in too much haste then I have regrets later.
Anyway I just found out Air Transat DOES NOT request doc note til after 35wks so I dont have to worry about the outcome of blood results or whether doc writes one or not
Old Sep 30th 2012, 4:41 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. I am trying to organise other important things too its not like I'm not putting baby first but if I just dig up & leave that's not wise.Its not always good to be in too much haste then I have regrets later.Anyway I just found out Air Transat DOES NOT request doc note til after 35wks so I dont have to worry about the outcome of blood results or whether doc writes one or not
I'm curious about what you might regret by flying sooner?

The rules about flying when pregnant wouldn't really matter if you went into labour early, whilst on a flight.

Forget loose ends that will end up meaning nothing... if you're serious about the move, I think you should just get on with it.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 5:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. I am trying to organise other important things too its not like I'm not putting baby first but if I just dig up & leave that's not wise.Its not always good to be in too much haste then I have regrets later.
Anyway I just found out Air Transat DOES NOT request doc note til after 35wks so I dont have to worry about the outcome of blood results or whether doc writes one or not
What I mean is, that you should start to put baby's health and indeed your own health, before any other consideration. And sorry, but you really do not seem to be. There is nothing more important or indeed as important as this.

So what if Air Transat allows you to fly up to 35 weeks, as someone else has suggested, that won't be of much comfort should you go into labour en route. If you want to move back whilst pregnant, it would be wise to do so ASAP.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.