Better the devil you know

Old May 31st 2004, 5:55 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Better the devil you know

Originally posted by Aqua2778
Ummmmm thats because the Brits (incl. myself) DONT CARE about sport .... IT IS NOT THE BE ALL AND END ALL OF LIFE ... mate!

Despite what VB, Beer Bellied over opiniated arrogant ozzies would think.

P.S I myself would like something more than F'n sport to watch on "free to air" TV at the weekend.. eg: channel 10 this weekend has AFL ALL FN DAY! (isn't that what bloody 30 channels of more crap AKA foxtel is for?)

Sorry but care factor 0 and i am sick of it being rammed down our throats every 2 minutes. ITS BORING get over it!

Football, aka Soccer is what i care about, and even that is not rammed down our throats in the U.K like AFL is here.

Why? Because there is no need for it.
I think the underlying cause of all this Aus guff about sport is that the Aussies think athletic prowess means they are better-bodied, better looking and generally better-gened than the rest of us.
Old May 31st 2004, 6:32 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Aqua2778
Football, aka Soccer is what i care about, and even that is not rammed down our throats in the U.K like AFL is here.

Why? Because there is no need for it.
Suggestion: Instead of watching poofter "football", play it.
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 10:19 pm
wombat42

Originally posted by MikeStanton
...your ears, I suggest! Such pseudo-intellectual tosh.

Do not despair. For those having problems getting an Oz visa or pine for those halcyon days in Oz, here's how to recreate Oz in UK:

- banish all asylum seekers to Isle of Man

- banish all black people to Isle of Wight

- contact Sky to ensure TV only receives sports programmes 24x7

- sit under UV lamp without any goggles, to obtain genuine 'burning retina' effect

- break-into local zoo and steal most venomous snakes/spiders. Sprinkle liberally in house and garden

- remove bricks from house and replace with stiffened cardboard

- if you want to create Tasmania, marry your sister/brother (preferably both)

- only read the Daily Mail/Sun/Express for maximum 'narrow-mindedness' effect

- to recreate the Australian government, switch between Teletubbies and wrestling on another TV

- to recreate the effect of a coldie, kiss the ice-making compartment of your fridge/freezer

- call your closest friends and end all sentences with either 'mate', 'but' or 'youse'

- if an intellectual thought crosses your mind just repeat the letters A F L

- when out driving, hone your Aussie driving skills by reversing randomly (preferably killing somebody, to keep the good ol' statistics up)

- when in a nightclub, and a female (eg human being, sheep etc) is nearby, don't forget to employ that world-renowned Aussie charm with questions like "D'ya wanna root?!"

Time to crack a coldie....
In response to your attempt to recreate the OZ in the Uk, l have
decided to try to recreate the UK in OZ.

- Explode ten nuclear bombs in the outback, creating a nuclear winter, blocking out the sun, making it raining and freezing every day.

- Banish all our criminals to an island on the other side of the world, Britain.

-Lock yourself in a meat freezer at your local butcher to recreate
a typical British summer day.

- Ensure your kids stay at home all day eating junk food, watching TV and playing computer games, instead of being outside playing sport, or if they do play sport, only soccer.
Which results in your national cricket team being constantly thrashed by smaller nations.

-If an intellectual thought crosses your mind repeat the letters
FOOTBALL

- Create a royal family by gathering together an extended family of inbreed Lunatics from Tasmania that sleep with anyone and everyone except the person they are married to.

- When at a nightclub ,with a woman don't forget that British charm with a question like ' fancy a shag' .
Time to down a pint of warm beer

Last edited by wombat42; Jun 2nd 2004 at 10:35 pm.

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 10:45 pm
kong

Originally posted by wombat42
In response to your attempt to recreate the OZ in the Uk, l have
decided to try to recreate the UK in OZ.

- Explode ten nuclear bombs in the outback, creating a nuclear winter, blocking out the sun, making it raining and freezing every day.

- Banish all our criminals to an island on the other side of the world, Britain.

-Lock yourself in a meat freezer at your local butcher to recreate
a typical British summer day.

- Ensure your kids stay at home all day eating junk food, watching TV and playing computer games, instead of being outside playing sport, or if they do play sport, only soccer.
Which results in your national cricket team being constantly thrashed by smaller nations.

-If an intellectual thought crosses your mind repeat the letters
FOOTBALL

- Create a royal family by gathering together an extended family of inbreed Lunatics from Tasmania that sleep with anyone and everyone except the person they are married to.

- When at a nightclub ,with a woman don't forget that British charm with a question like ' fancy a shag' .
Time to down a pint of warm beer
Wombat my colonial chum,

So the only accomplishments that Oz has over Britain are better weather and sports???? Original thinking from an Aussie there then.

If I want hot weather I fly to the Med, on cheap flights.

I and most Brits have a life that does not revolve around sports.

I hate McDonalds and all that yank fast food shit, strange thing is that when I lived in Oz all I saw was Maccas and fat people everywhere.

Warm beer You forgot the obligatory have a shower more than once a year comment

Ahhh the inbred royals, the very ones you Aussies voted to keep as head of state 5 odd years back.

So apart from being good at sports that are not played in most other countries and some hot weather, what has Australia really achieved?? In what ways has it contributed to the advancement of modern civilization??

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 2:00 am
wombat42

Originally posted by kong
Wombat my colonial chum,

So the only accomplishments that Oz has over Britain are better weather and sports???? Original thinking from an Aussie there then.

If I want hot weather I fly to the Med, on cheap flights.

I and most Brits have a life that does not revolve around sports.

I hate McDonalds and all that yank fast food shit, strange thing is that when I lived in Oz all I saw was Maccas and fat people everywhere.

Warm beer You forgot the obligatory have a shower more than once a year comment

Ahhh the inbred royals, the very ones you Aussies voted to keep as head of state 5 odd years back.

So apart from being good at sports that are not played in most other countries and some hot weather, what has Australia really achieved?? In what ways has it contributed to the advancement of modern civilization??
And what has Britain contributed recently to modern civilisation,
apart from the Spice Girls, David Beckham and mad cow disease,
which one is worse l do not know.

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 7:08 pm
Dugongidae Member

dugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura about

Well for a start :

Britain has won 46 Nobel prizes in the last 50 years, including
three last year (2003).

Most aussies think you get a nobel prize for riding your bike without a hooter.

Originally posted by wombat42
And what has Britain contributed recently to modern civilisation,
apart from the Spice Girls, David Beckham and mad cow disease,
which one is worse l do not know.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 7:40 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jib
Another pom stuck in Aus?

jib
No, an aus gettin,stuck into pom. AH an avatar thief, we DONT steal identities, and harrass poor old Dotty ,DO we????............... MM
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dugongs
Well for a start :

Britain has won 46 Nobel prizes in the last 50 years, including
three last year (2003).

Most aussies think you get a nobel prize for riding your bike without a hooter.

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 9:19 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
I think the underlying cause of all this Aus guff about sport is that the Aussies think athletic prowess means they are better-bodied, better looking and generally better-gened than the rest of us.
No, we do it because it's healthy and team sports promotes teamwork and camaraderie. What a concept, huh?

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 10:13 pm
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

Originally posted by mr mover
No, an aus gettin,stuck into pom. AH an avatar thief, we DONT steal identities, and harrass poor old Dotty ,DO we????............... MM

Mate, you are a pom and always will be:lecture:

jib
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 11:28 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by jib

jib
MrMover may always be a Pom. But in my opinion he is a good Aussie too.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 4:32 am
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

Originally posted by Megalania
MrMover may always be a Pom. But in my opinion he is a good Aussie too.

Contradiction

jib
Old Jun 4th 2004, 5:44 am
Banned

Originally posted by jib
Contradiction
jib
Seen that word before somewhere, better expain what it means to you.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by mr mover
Nobody stole your identity, are you saying you just happend to drop into this forum a few minutes after someone posted under your name and then you yourself started abusing others too Oh yeah and posted exactly the same tripe YOU directed at me some months ago.

What are you in this forum for? To offer helpful advice or to stir things up when the boring OZ forum has no spats. Whats the real problem? I bet its typical of many poor old folk your age, spent the working life in OZ, the UK zoomed ahead and financially with all those years of earning banana currency they cant get back to the UK if they tried. Dont take it out on us thank you.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 11:38 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jib

jib
No thanks, ok i was born there, and that was the extent of it, naturalised in ,68, Never been back thank god. After years of dealing with "immos"i have no desire to go any where else, lets see were you live, show your true colours. the last person who used that ,line with me was, Pommie Bastard, but he had "balls"............... MM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.