Better the devil you know

Old May 14th 2004, 4:21 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Better the devil you know

Originally posted by MikeStanton
...your ears, I suggest! Such pseudo-intellectual tosh.
...Time to crack a coldie....
Old May 14th 2004, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by glm36

Wake up and realise that theres good and bad about every country, the UK isn't all singing birds, walking amongst the likkle lambs in the pastures!! The same as Oz isn't all beaches, BBQs etc etc.

Honestly have you read this forum? I have since it started, and dont think I have ever seen a post that claims the Uk is all great and wonderful. People going back to the UK are going BACK er as in already lived there, they are not posting drivel about what they think it might be like, they know whats going on, most of them spent a few decades there

Are you sure your not mixing it up with the Living in OZ forum, which sadly no longer has hardly any posters that live in OZ. I can understand why, when they write what its like to live in OZ everytime some hopeful who has never set foot in the place will knock what they say. Why would they bother That forum used to be enormous fun and probably the most honest account of OZ lifestyle you would get. The Bad posters kept it going whats it now 70% Oz hopefulls and 29% homesick ozzies
bring back PB
Old May 26th 2004, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

woodruffs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty
Do you know this type too. Found OZ very very boring, inward and narrow minded. Expensive, isolated and quite backward. Hated the politics, ignorance and piece of paper to fart mentality, litigation minded class ridden society with racist overtones, shall I go on............

Moved back to UK because I'd like bigger fish to fry, I took everything in OZ to its limit and beyond and it still bored me, I like a challenge and being "laid back" is just another way of saying its too bloody hot to be motivated for half the year.

My life in the UK cant possibly be the same as the one I had when I left, impossible I've changed, its changed, fact.

You may feel better for making out those who go back never got over walkers chips, but quite often its the exact opposite type who go back. Those who want more out of life.
walkers make crisps.
Old May 27th 2004, 6:23 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by woodruffs
walkers make crisps.
called chips most places elsewhere
Old May 27th 2004, 8:10 am
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

Smiths crisps, Australia's favourite chip, go figure

jib
Old May 27th 2004, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

I think nixstuff's post is closer to the truth than we might want to admit.
Old May 28th 2004, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

Originally posted by Pants
oh my god what the bloody hell do you know....no sorry don't believe your utter crap !! go back and read what people have said about being here and the reasons for going home...my reason for emigrating has nothing to do with finding myself thanks very much perhaps you are just referring to your own circumstances but what you have written offends.....harmless slightly negative my arse...!!!ohh yes must get home for Enders..who the hell are you !!!how very little you don't KNOW !!!Guess on !!!

Way to go Pants.

Jo:scared:
Old May 29th 2004, 8:27 am
wombat42

Do not despair. For those having problems getting an Oz visa or pine for those halcyon days in Oz, here's how to recreate Oz in UK:

- banish all asylum seekers to Isle of Man

- banish all black people to Isle of Wight

- contact Sky to ensure TV only receives sports programmes 24x7

- sit under UV lamp without any goggles, to obtain genuine 'burning retina' effect

- break-into local zoo and steal most venomous snakes/spiders. Sprinkle liberally in house and garden

- remove bricks from house and replace with stiffened cardboard

- if you want to create Tasmania, marry your sister/brother (preferably both)

- only read the Daily Mail/Sun/Express for maximum 'narrow-mindedness' effect

- to recreate the Australian government, switch between Teletubbies and wrestling on another TV

- to recreate the effect of a coldie, kiss the ice-making compartment of your fridge/freezer

- call your closest friends and end all sentences with either 'mate', 'but' or 'youse'

- if an intellectual thought crosses your mind just repeat the letters A F L

- when out driving, hone your Aussie driving skills by reversing randomly (preferably killing somebody, to keep the good ol' statistics up)

- when in a nightclub, and a female (eg human being, sheep etc) is nearby, don't forget to employ that world-renowned Aussie charm with questions like "D'ya wanna root?!"

Time to crack a coldie....
An almost perfect recreation of Australia except for the fact that you would still be crap at most sports such as cricket, tennis and swimming compared to Australia.

Old May 29th 2004, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wombat42
An almost perfect recreation of Australia except for the fact that you would still be crap at most sports such as cricket, tennis and swimming compared to Australia.
Jeez, you sure know how to put Brits in their place

Only the Aussies care so much about this - after all, they have to be good at something...
Old May 29th 2004, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

oh god, it's the 'select' list of sports again.

I hear the World Track CYcling Championships are going on in Melbourne at the mo. The Aussies have a very strong squad. Yet to win a medal (Britain has 2 golds), but a strong squad......

(edit to say Aussies got a gold overnight. )

Last edited by HiddenPaw; May 29th 2004 at 1:59 pm.
Old May 29th 2004, 11:02 pm
wombat42

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
oh god, it's the 'select' list of sports again.

I hear the World Track CYcling Championships are going on in Melbourne at the mo. The Aussies have a very strong squad. Yet to win a medal (Britain has 2 golds), but a strong squad......

(edit to say Aussies got a gold overnight. )
l saw that on TV, there was nothing else on, Mike Stanton is right
about Oz TV being crap, all that is on is 3rd rate American garbage
and sporting events.The few good TV programs all seem to come from the UK.

Last edited by wombat42; May 29th 2004 at 11:22 pm.

Old May 30th 2004, 12:36 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CalgaryAMC
I think nixstuff's post is closer to the truth than we might want to admit.
I was thinking the same , touched a few loose nerve ends ,in the "have we done the right thing brigade" prehaps the wannabees should read the thread, and step back and have a look at why, they really want to come here. ............. MM
Old May 30th 2004, 5:01 am
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

Another pom stuck in Aus?

jib
Old May 31st 2004, 5:25 am
Homesick....

Aqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant future

Do not despair. For those having problems getting an Oz visa or pine for those halcyon days in Oz, here's how to recreate Oz in UK:

- banish all asylum seekers to Isle of Man

- banish all black people to Isle of Wight

- contact Sky to ensure TV only receives sports programmes 24x7

- sit under UV lamp without any goggles, to obtain genuine 'burning retina' effect

- break-into local zoo and steal most venomous snakes/spiders. Sprinkle liberally in house and garden

- remove bricks from house and replace with stiffened cardboard

- if you want to create Tasmania, marry your sister/brother (preferably both)

- only read the Daily Mail/Sun/Express for maximum 'narrow-mindedness' effect

- to recreate the Australian government, switch between Teletubbies and wrestling on another TV

- to recreate the effect of a coldie, kiss the ice-making compartment of your fridge/freezer

- call your closest friends and end all sentences with either 'mate', 'but' or 'youse'

- if an intellectual thought crosses your mind just repeat the letters A F L

- when out driving, hone your Aussie driving skills by reversing randomly (preferably killing somebody, to keep the good ol' statistics up)

- when in a nightclub, and a female (eg human being, sheep etc) is nearby, don't forget to employ that world-renowned Aussie charm with questions like "D'ya wanna root?!"

Time to crack a coldie....

A ha ha ha hee hee hee PMSFL - I couldn't have said/written that better myself... yes im still in OZ... but for how long? and oh soooo true!

Thanks for the laugh!!
Old May 31st 2004, 5:31 am
Homesick....

Aqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant future

Ummmmm thats because the Brits (incl. myself) DONT CARE about sport .... IT IS NOT THE BE ALL AND END ALL OF LIFE ... mate!

Despite what VB, Beer Bellied over opiniated arrogant ozzies would think.

P.S I myself would like something more than F'n sport to watch on "free to air" TV at the weekend.. eg: channel 10 this weekend has AFL ALL FN DAY! (isn't that what bloody 30 channels of more crap AKA foxtel is for?)

Sorry but care factor 0 and i am sick of it being rammed down our throats every 2 minutes. ITS BORING get over it!

Football, aka Soccer is what i care about, and even that is not rammed down our throats in the U.K like AFL is here.

Why? Because there is no need for it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.