BBC Radio 1 on SiriusXM

Old Aug 9th 2011, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

yasicat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BBC Radio 1 on SiriusXM

Called Sirius corporate in New York to lodge my complaint - secretary or assistant was very nice, sounded weary, said that she has been fielding these calls all day and doesn't know exactly what the status is (key people are out of the office and apparently there are lots of upper management/heavy hitter meetings going on), but she is keeping a list of complaints, and she said that canceled stations have been brought back due to subscriber anger, so she definitely encouraged lodging your complaint with Sirius in a number of ways.

Sirius corporate number 212-584-5100.

Also, lots of posts on Facebook at the Sirius XM "fan" page (what a laugh, now), and the Get Radio 1 back page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Get-BB...75713435831140
Old Aug 9th 2011, 9:10 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I was gutted this morning too when I got in the car and switched radio on only to get that stupid automated message. Called to complain and was told to listen to Channel 118 instead (BBC World Service). Hung up in disgust.

I only subscribe to listen to Radio 1 and the time delay was a huge bonus as it meant listening to Chris Moyles etc. If they don't bring it back then I will cancel my subscriptions.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:48 pm
Welsh and proud in Texas

tigerbaywarrior is on a distinguished road

(Hope this doesn't violate our forum rules)

Other email addresses worth emailing our frustrations to:

[email protected]
- Senior Director Music Programming

[email protected]
- Office of Sirius XM CEO

[email protected]

Keep the ball rolling on this one! We fight hard enough, we will get our Radio 1 back!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-...49342075147833
http://www.facebook.com/SaveRadio1inNorthAmerica

Sorry Mods - I am incensed!! (Or angry).
Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

BBC Radio 1 have apparently said the following in regards to SiriusXM dropping the station from their channel line up.

We're sorry you're currently unable to enjoy Radio 1 via Sirius/XM. The
deal which allowed Radio 1 to be broadcast in America recently finished
and has unfortunately, at the moment, has not been renewed by Sirius/XM.
We're not sure if this is a final decision, so if may be worth
contacting them directly to express your view, but we would like to
thank you for listening up until now.

Kind Regards,

Radio 1
Old Aug 10th 2011, 5:04 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by yasicat
Called Sirius corporate in New York to lodge my complaint - secretary or assistant was very nice, sounded weary, said that she has been fielding these calls all day and doesn't know exactly what the status is (key people are out of the office and apparently there are lots of upper management/heavy hitter meetings going on), but she is keeping a list of complaints, and she said that canceled stations have been brought back due to subscriber anger, so she definitely encouraged lodging your complaint with Sirius in a number of ways.

Sirius corporate number 212-584-5100.

Also, lots of posts on Facebook at the Sirius XM "fan" page (what a laugh, now), and the Get Radio 1 back page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Get-BB...75713435831140
OK all the upper management being in meetings is code for F off you bloody nuisance!!! I get this 5 days a week with every corporate entity I call.

Sorry to burst your bubble... but Sirius really dont give a sh*t!!.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 5:12 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

How old are you people? isn't radio one for 12 year olds?
I have not listened since John Peel died, and not regular to his show since the early 80's, so I may be a tad out of touch.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 5:18 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kimilseung
How old are you people? isn't radio one for 12 year olds?
I have not listened since John Peel died, and not regular to his show since the early 80's, so I may be a tad out of touch.
Well I guess you must have decent radio where you are.. around here it is diabolical how inane the radio stations are, and, without exception every one of them seems to have a library of about 14 records they keep playing over and over.

Bring back DLT, JPeel, J Walker ... I would even tolerate Tony Blackburn
Old Aug 10th 2011, 5:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lyonsden1193
Well I guess you must have decent radio where you are.. around here it is diabolical how inane the radio stations are, and, without exception every one of them seems to have a library of about 14 records they keep playing over and over.
Clearwater, the rush to the bottom of the swamp for radio
Old Aug 10th 2011, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Statement from BBC Worldwide Press Office
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukintexas
I've just spoken to someone at Sirius - seemed oblivous to what I was trying to say - then quoted "BBC Radio is no longer available but I can enjoy all the hits they played via a combination of the other channels". Am bummed! Have cancelled both mine and my husband's subscriptions :-(
I hope you told them that you are cancelling because you can hear the same music via a combination of other music sources.