Back home

Old May 18th 2004, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

sundarize is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Back home

Been so glad to be home that almost forgot to give you guys an update.

Spent 8 months in Adelaide - wasn't for us so came home. Been back 3 weeks.

Sun is shining, no Red Back spiders. Tried to go to work this morning but road was blocked with traffic so came home WONDERFUL!!
Old May 18th 2004, 9:12 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: Back home

Originally posted by sundarize

Tried to go to work this morning but road was blocked with traffic so came home WONDERFUL!!

Sounds good to me!!!

Have you bought in Papplewick or is that where your inlaws are?

We're from Beeston but staying with my parents when we get back. They are in Arnold. Be able to save a bit more money too!!

Glad you're glad to be back and hope we're glad to be back too!!!!!!!
Old May 18th 2004, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

angelica will become famous soon enoughangelica will become famous soon enough

Sun is shining, no Red Back spiders. Tried to go to work this morning but road was blocked with traffic so came home WONDERFUL!!
Hi Sundarize, good to hear youre enjoying being back. We were in Adelaide too before Perth so know where youre coming from. Whereabouts in the hills were you? No doubt we shared the same expat friends! Did you go to any of the poms picnics in Belair??

Keep smiling!
Old May 20th 2004, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are buying n Papplewick - near Arnold! At the moment we are with the inlaws in Eastwood.

Originally posted by janeyray
Sounds good to me!!!

Have you bought in Papplewick or is that where your inlaws are?

We're from Beeston but staying with my parents when we get back. They are in Arnold. Be able to save a bit more money too!!

Glad you're glad to be back and hope we're glad to be back too!!!!!!!
Old May 20th 2004, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

We went to one of the meets in Belair but couldnt work out who was in and who wasnt - bit clickish??!

We had a property at Crafers West - backed onto Belair National Park.

We had 11 acres, a dam etc. Brownhill Creek ran through the property, but so did ;

brown snakes
Red back spiders
white tail spiders
cockroaches
scorpions
centipedes
kangaroos
koalas
millipedes

Originally posted by angelica
Hi Sundarize, good to hear youre enjoying being back. We were in Adelaide too before Perth so know where youre coming from. Whereabouts in the hills were you? No doubt we shared the same expat friends! Did you go to any of the poms picnics in Belair??

Keep smiling!
Old May 21st 2004, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

We went to one of the meets in Belair but couldnt work out who was in and who wasnt - bit clickish??!

We had a property at Crafers West - backed onto Belair National Park
We may have met! The first picnic was in October when we first arrived so that was interesting putting names to faces from the Adelaidebrits site. The other one we went to in December was when we decided to move to Perth so we were saying our goodbyes to those we had met before.

Know what you mean though about it being clicky. Bit like that on the site (Adelaidebrits), dont say one bad word about the place or you will be sent to coventry!! Prefer Coventry to Adelaide any day.

Good luck with settling back in. Takes a few weeks for the grin to subside to a knowing smile ----

Last edited by angelica; May 22nd 2004 at 11:42 am.
Old May 22nd 2004, 9:22 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Clicky?? don't say a bad word about Adelaide??

Can I just ask you two - are you actually talking about the same Adelaidebrits that I know and love?

I know who one of your are and I also know when ever you have posted anything on there you have always had everyone's support. No one slated you for moving back to the UK as everyone knows all to well that Adelaide or Australia in general isn't for everyone so we all in fact say that the people who move back to the UK are in fact making a braver move as they are doing what is right for them.

Did you make any effort at these picnics to speak to anyone? I can not for a second think that all the main people on Adelaidebrits wouldn't have said a word to you when you went to a get together unless you sat in a corner and didn't utter a word.

As for saying a bad word about Adelaide everytime someone posts a negative about the place every single post in return thanks that person as it gives us all a better understanding of what real life is like out in Adelaide and that is what the site is about getting real experiences of what general every day life is about whilst living in Adelaide including the good and the bad points.

The Adelaidebrits site has helped loads of people who have moved or are about to move out to Adelaide so there is no need to slate it even if Adelaide wasn't for you that is such a load crap that you have posted about the site.

I'm glad you both are happy back in England and I do hope things work out for you. I'm am only sorry that Adelaide didn't appeal to you but please don't bitch about the people on the site as they are decent people and would try to help anyone who needs it.

Sasha
Old May 22nd 2004, 9:47 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by snappy
Clicky?? don't say a bad word about Adelaide??

Can I just ask you two - are you actually talking about the same Adelaidebrits that I know and love?

I know who one of your are and I also know when ever you have posted anything on there you have always had everyone's support. No one slated you for moving back to the UK as everyone knows all to well that Adelaide or Australia in general isn't for everyone so we all in fact say that the people who move back to the UK are in fact making a braver move as they are doing what is right for them.

Did you make any effort at these picnics to speak to anyone? I can not for a second think that all the main people on Adelaidebrits wouldn't have said a word to you when you went to a get together unless you sat in a corner and didn't utter a word.

As for saying a bad word about Adelaide everytime someone posts a negative about the place every single post in return thanks that person as it gives us all a better understanding of what real life is like out in Adelaide and that is what the site is about getting real experiences of what general every day life is about whilst living in Adelaide including the good and the bad points.

The Adelaidebrits site has helped loads of people who have moved or are about to move out to Adelaide so there is no need to slate it even if Adelaide wasn't for you that is such a load crap that you have posted about the site.

I'm glad you both are happy back in England and I do hope things work out for you. I'm am only sorry that Adelaide didn't appeal to you but please don't bitch about the people on the site as they are decent people and would try to help anyone who needs it.

Sasha
Kick arse Snappy, :scared: any one who wants to live on 11 acres in the Adelaide hills obviously dos,nt want neighbours, or the company of their fellow humans ????............ MM
Old May 22nd 2004, 10:21 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Too right MM LOL

It annoys me when people slate a really good site full of helpful people who give honest opinions especially when it turns out they have only ever posted 12 posts and 4 of them being on one thread about them going home. This is also where everyone support their points of view and showed them respect for making a decision! AND no one mentioned Coventry so what the *?!* is that all about?

Sasha
Old May 22nd 2004, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

I wasnt bitching about the people on the site, more the ethos of it which has been the same since it was on the yahoo site. Ie you can come on the site if you want to say something good about Adelaide especially if it includes sun, beaches & happy smiling shop assistants but as soon as you dare to mention job scarcity, manufacturing leaving the city in droves, employers not wanting to employ non aussies, even non SAers, state government having a hidden agenda about needing more migrants etc etc you are made out to be too negative!!

Dont take it so personally Snappy!! Just open your eyes a little & listen to both sides before you start mouthing off. Stay happy
Old May 22nd 2004, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Welcome back sundarize, dont know much about adelaide but know sure as hell I never once heard of an an aussie moving down there Ignore them trolls they will pick on anyone whos not "been converted". Jealous of us probably
Old May 22nd 2004, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by dotty
Welcome back sundarize, dont know much about adelaide but know sure as hell I never once heard of an an aussie moving down there Ignore them trolls they will pick on anyone whos not "been converted". Jealous of us probably
They are just ignorant Dotty. Cant help but feel sorry for them as they think its going to be as good as their new buddies make out. Truth is a lot of them are running away from something & so have to make it work out there.
Old May 22nd 2004, 11:44 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by angelica
They are just ignorant Dotty. Cant help but feel sorry for them as they think its going to be as good as their new buddies make out. Truth is a lot of them are running away from something & so have to make it work out there.
GREAT post Angelica , a city with 1million people , we are all ignorant, ???? , you made the right discision, this place is for people who want to Make a go of it, not "WAnnabees"........... MM
Old May 22nd 2004, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mr mover
GREAT post Angelica , a city with 1million people , we are all ignorant, ???? , you made the right discision, this place is for people who want to Make a go of it, not "WAnnabees"........... MM
Sorry didnt realise Snappy was already in Adelaide.
Old May 22nd 2004, 12:55 pm
Banned

Originally posted by dotty
Mr Mover

I think its fair to let you know I have just printed off your slanderous and unfounded post. As you have never met me and would not even know my name it seems incredible that you can make such claims. Trolling is one matter slander is a very different on altogether.

Your totally unsubstantiated post has been reported to a Moderator.
Excuse me , i hav,nt posted to you, i always sign my posts,..... MM {in this way}

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.