Anyone else bored?

Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Desire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to behold
Default Anyone else bored?

And i thought i knew what boredom meant until i experienced "little old Adelaide"
Yep... i have had a few glasses of red only time i am honest with myself.
What do i do? OH happy to stay....kids ok... they can't remember much else,
been here 3 years.
Just feel as if i have died inside
Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Location: Back in Scotland after two dreadful years in Brisbane.
maka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone else bored?

Originally Posted by Desire
And i thought i knew what boredom meant until i experienced "little old Adelaide"
been here 3 years.
I think this phenomenon is Australia wide.
It bores me and my OH to death,the southern hemisphere sucks,far too remote from anywhere worth talking about.
Thats a pity you OH likes the place,i can't see the attraction myself.
We both decided to go home(soon as house is sold) and get our old,better lifes back in the land of the living.

I hope you can come to some compromise and work things out.
All the best
Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

bramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to behold

I have experienced the same feeling of being bored and sort of suppressed and a feeling of stagnating.

For the time being this feeling has passed, I got my arse off the internet, I did tend to come to this forum and drown myself in feeling homesick.

It's not the cure for everyone, we are all different I know and I'm not going to give advice.

But for me personally, I got out of the house, took an interest in my garden, started exploring my creative abilities and for now I am feeling content, plus the fact that it is summer helps also.

My friend on the other hand, is experiencing the exact same thing at the moment, she feels that she is not herself anymore and that she is stagnating.

I wish you well.

Racheal x
Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Desire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to behold

So how long have you been in Australia Maka paka?
For us as a family.... i think it boils down to my OH's pride really.
We gave up soooo much to come here, i think we were both having a mid-life crisis I think he is scared to admit we have ballsed up big time
But the longer we stay, we just seem to be losing so much money.
Didn't expect it to be easy........but not this hard either
Old Jun 9th 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Cornelius Wankstaffe is a splendid one to beholdCornelius Wankstaffe is a splendid one to beholdCornelius Wankstaffe is a splendid one to beholdCornelius Wankstaffe is a splendid one to beholdCornelius Wankstaffe is a splendid one to beholdCornelius Wankstaffe is a splendid one to beholdCornelius Wankstaffe is a splendid one to beholdCornelius Wankstaffe is a splendid one to beholdCornelius Wankstaffe is a splendid one to beholdCornelius Wankstaffe is a splendid one to beholdCornelius Wankstaffe is a splendid one to behold

....but the longer we stay, we just seem to be losing so much money....
I was sold the "dream" and "lifestyle" tag and got the old "cost of living is sooooo much cheaper" line. I was hemorrhaging money the whole time I was there, this was a major factor for myself+missus leaving.
How can the "lifestyle" be better if we're living at a lower standard for less money!
Best thing I ever did was leave.
Also, the boredom almost turned me into an alcoholic.

I'm bored today working in the UK, but at least I'm getting paid double what I did in Oz!!
Old Jun 9th 2008, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely bored sh*tless and have been for some time - it is a nation wide phenomenon I'm afraid. I have plenty to keep me occupied but that doesnt stop me being empty and just marking time rather than living life to its fullest - I have a wide range of hobbies, I have a part time job, I try (sometimes) to keep fit, I have people I can have coffee with but nothing rids me of the feeling of being utterly and completely bereft. I suppose I could get all enthused by millions of acres of bush, or even perhaps national buildings which were someone's ego project rather than aesthetically beautiful constructions. I could go wild over watching huge screeching birds because they are the local fauna - give me a goldfinch or even the song of a blackbird any day.

The only things I can see that this country has going for it at the moment are that it is easy as pie to get a good latte and the parking spaces are so bloody wide that you can drive a pantechnecon into them without scraping the sides.

Oh, and I suppose you can get a nice cheap merlot to drink yourself into oblivion with. It would be nice if you could get some half decent cheddar to go with it though.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Location: Back in Scotland after two dreadful years in Brisbane.
maka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of light

So how long have you been in Australia Maka paka?
For us as a family.... i think it boils down to my OH's pride really.
We gave up soooo much to come here, i think we were both having a mid-life crisis I think he is scared to admit we have ballsed up big time
But the longer we stay, we just seem to be losing so much money.
Didn't expect it to be easy........but not this hard either
Just coming up for two years.
To be honest looking back i don't know what we were thinking,our lives were great back in Scotland.One day i seen an advert in the paper for my trade in Brisbane,went for the interview and, like Cornelius was sold the "marvelous lifestyle", which was bull for want of a better word.
I'm lucky in the fact that i have already been offered my old job back in Scotland with a substantial wage rise,some people are saying"stay for citizenship" I say to them"they can stick their passports up their digeridoo", i won't be back here again.

I think that if your unhappy here,then it doesn't matter what you gave up and you should hold your head up high and go back and get back to living a happy life again.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 12:58 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

been here 3 years.
Hi Desire - you are still around? I can remember your posts from 3+ years ago!!!
Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:42 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

been here 3 years.
Rings a bell
Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:45 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cornelius Wankstaffe
I was sold the "dream" and "lifestyle" tag and got the old "cost of living is sooooo much cheaper" line.
What aload of bull all that turned out to be eh Negative equity for me now, great
Old Jun 10th 2008, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Cornelius Wankstaffe is a splendid one to beholdCornelius Wankstaffe is a splendid one to beholdCornelius Wankstaffe is a splendid one to beholdCornelius Wankstaffe is a splendid one to beholdCornelius Wankstaffe is a splendid one to beholdCornelius Wankstaffe is a splendid one to beholdCornelius Wankstaffe is a splendid one to beholdCornelius Wankstaffe is a splendid one to beholdCornelius Wankstaffe is a splendid one to beholdCornelius Wankstaffe is a splendid one to beholdCornelius Wankstaffe is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
What aload of bull all that turned out to be eh Negative equity for me now, great
That's crap, have you had any interest in ur house yet?

It's not much better this end, see below

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7445324.stm

Last edited by Cornelius Wankstaffe; Jun 10th 2008 at 8:07 am.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Shitless.

Next question please
Old Jun 10th 2008, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tictac
Shitless.

Next question please
How tall (to the nearest inch) was Henry VIII?
Old Jun 10th 2008, 9:49 am
Account Closed

That's crap, have you had any interest in ur house yet?

It's not much better this end, see below

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7445324.stm
Loads of interest but no-one willing to buy over here yet, too much crap going on with exchange rates and INT hikes. Plus they think i will drop to a stupid price.....wrong!!!! I have took it off the market now, so not selling, going to keep it until market picks up, if that takes forever, i will wait forever.

Still coming back to UK before Dec. We will rent until time is right to buy.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

How tall (to the nearest inch) was Henry VIII?
6ft 3in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.