Always wanted to.........

Old Apr 23rd 2012, 7:52 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Always wanted to.........

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Dh would like to visit the Hermitage in St Petersburg.
That's impressive too. It was Leningrad when I went.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 10:45 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

just looking forward to seeing a lot more of the UK when I go back. It's sad we don't spend time to see what's right on our doorstep when we are there.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Lorry1
just looking forward to seeing a lot more of the UK when I go back. It's sad we don't spend time to see what's right on our doorstep when we are there.
Exactly what I said. Boy do I appreciate what I left now....roll on day trips and weekends away.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
We finally got to visit Chatsworth House late last Spring, 14 years earlier just before we left for Aus we drove out to finally see Chatsworth House and it had just closed for the season...anyway it was well worth the visit even the countryside was just glorious, would also like to see Castle Howarth and Richmond Palace.....never been but one day would like to....
Old Apr 26th 2012, 7:35 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
We finally got to visit Chatsworth House late last Spring, 14 years earlier just before we left for Aus we drove out to finally see Chatsworth House and it had just closed for the season...anyway it was well worth the visit even the countryside was just glorious, would also like to see Castle Howarth and Richmond Palace.....never been but one day would like to....
£18 adult each Chatsworth can keep it!
Old Apr 26th 2012, 1:24 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

and visit the Lake District when its not raining
There are at least 3 days a year when this is possible
Old Apr 26th 2012, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

I always had a hankering to visit Lindesfarne and drive across the causeway...finally did that last year and on the same long weekend we went to Hadrians wall.
Two ticks in one trip!
Old Apr 26th 2012, 5:06 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Disappointments: Canal trip in Amsterdam - "on your left you can see a warehouse, look to yur right and you see a warehouse"
Go rent a houseboat. What a wonderful weekend that was. Absolutely love Amsterdam.

Achill Island off the coast of Mayo is beautiful. The sand is white and sea is clear as the Caribbean. Unfortunately the temperature of the Arctic.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 6:38 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

The Valley of the Kings was a bit of a let down and Luxor was an eye opener but would not of missed it for anything....

New York is also up there for places I would like to visit and New England...
My sister and her husband went on a cruise up the River Nile last year, after more than one visit to the Valley of the Kings she had had enough!! She told her husband it was like visiting building sites.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 6:53 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

I have been doing a bit of a touristy thing in London since I got back and moved down here. Did the London red bus tourist thing, saw the sights including Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, the tower of Big Ben, the rosy red cheeks of the little children , St Paul's Cathedral though that was spoiled by the protestors in tent city. Just a load of lazy layabouts really, the smell of pot almost got me high just walking past!!

Been to the London Eye, but not on it because I don't like heights plus it costs about 18 quid!!

Been to the Museum of London, Ham House in Surrey, the British Museum, Oxford Street, Regent Street, Carnaby Street, Tower of London, Primrose Hill (did not see one famous person ), Camden Lock markets, I am saving some trips for better weather, really looking forward to Hampton Court Palace and much more........I have done and seen more here than I did for DECADES in Australia!!

Livin la Vida Loca.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

kwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to all

Always wanted to go to woburn Safari Park. Will have to add that to my to do list
Old Apr 26th 2012, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Moggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to all

My bucket list ...

Berlin again (visited in 1972)
Auschwitz
World War I War Walk
Morrocco (again)
Cuba (again)
Walk the Camino
Vienna
Edinburgh
China
St Petersburg
Vietnam

I love history, especially war history ... odd I know for a female!
Old Apr 27th 2012, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

Good choices.

Auschwitz was very moving but you should put Treblinka on your bucket list as well.

Another one for your bucket list, Pearl Harbor, I went there this year and met a couple of survivors. Amazing and weepy experience.

Originally Posted by Moggiemiss
My bucket list ...

Berlin again (visited in 1972)
Auschwitz
World War I War Walk
Morrocco (again)
Cuba (again)
Walk the Camino
Vienna
Edinburgh
China
St Petersburg
Vietnam

I love history, especially war history ... odd I know for a female!
Old Apr 27th 2012, 3:45 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by Back2UK
Good choices.

Another one for your bucket list, Pearl Harbor, I went there this year and met a couple of survivors. Amazing and weepy experience.
I have been there a number of times and each time I am still moved at the sight of the oil still coming to the surface from the sunken ships below after all this time.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
There are at least 3 days a year when this is possible
And one of those is in a leap year lol.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.