Always wanted to.........

Old Apr 27th 2012, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Moggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to all
Default Re: Always wanted to.........

So many places to see ...
Old Apr 27th 2012, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moggiemiss
So many places to see ...
...but all seem a million miles away for me!
Old Apr 27th 2012, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
...but all seem a million miles away for me!
Can't really move NZ Bo, you gotta move yourself . Really looking forward to renewing my National Trust membership when I get back. Cream Teas here I come after a walk around of course.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 7:28 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Another place I have always wanted to visit is Pompeii ......since High School.....a looooooooong time ago lol and visit the Lake District when its not raining just a lottery win and I am sure I can make a list, a very long list of things to do!!!!!!
Don't listen to the others. Pompeii is amazing but then I love ancient Roman stuff and could spend weeks just going from site to site! I had always wanted to go since learning about the place at school and finally went when I was 31 and then returned before moving to NZ [ 3 days there and Herculaneum all by myself, I just kept going back] I think some people are really fascinated and 'get' the place, others see it as just an interesting daytrip. Herculaneum is better preserved and much much smaller but Pompeii has a lot to see and be excited by [or maybe that's just me]. IMO they are two different places, Pompeii is a biggish town and it is interesting to see the similarities between it and modern towns whereas Herculaneum is a more like a small village in size. There I go, such a Pompeii bore!!
As for the Lakes, it always rains, I used to go every year with the dog! Best places are those on the west- Wast water, Ennerdale, Loweswater, Honister and Wrynose bottom. Much more isolated, better scenery and far fewer tourists!

I travelled through Europe before I left and vsited the places I wanted to see. There's still a lot more on my list but then there always will be.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 7:32 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luvwelly
Can't really move NZ Bo, you gotta move yourself . Really looking forward to renewing my National Trust membership when I get back. Cream Teas here I come after a walk around of course.
Spent a lovely day at Fountains Abbey when in the UK at Xmas. Do miss that sense of history, everything is so new here-50 years old is historical
Old Apr 28th 2012, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Beedubya
I have been there a number of times and each time I am still moved at the sight of the oil still coming to the surface from the sunken ships below after all this time.
Yep that was very unique and I was in tears around that place.