Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Working as a Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dubai?

Working as a Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dubai?

Old Sep 27th 2010, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Britmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really nice
Default Re: Working as a Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dubai?

Originally Posted by distinctiveflair
Whats the issue with being a recruiter for people on this forum?
The issue my dear, is that many, many people have taken up work in the UAE, Qatar, Saudi and the Mid East in general, only to find that when they accept the position offerred and begin to work, that they have been totally misled regarding the terms and conditions of that position and have effectively been totally scre**d by ruthless, cynical or just plain naive 'Senior Recruiters' such as yourself.

As a one-time victim of a ruthless recruiter, I can tell you that I would not have any dealings with anyone who refers to themself as a 'Senior Recruiter', unless I had powerful and substantial evidence that they were genuinely concerned with the welfare of their recruits, and are not simply motivated by how much cash they can make from their dubious clients.

You get the picture now?

Last edited by Britmal; Sep 27th 2010 at 3:22 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Britmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really nice

Do you have any positions available?

If so, in what field?

Can you tell us all about it?

I'm sure everyone here would love to hear about any new positions on offer...
Old Sep 27th 2010, 4:10 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Britmal

If so, in what field?

Should I hold my breath?
Old Sep 27th 2010, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

If so, in what field?

You'll be lucky to get a reply to this one. I have asked about the area of recruitment on two occasions and am still non the wiser.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 4:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soukie
You'll be lucky to get a reply to this one. I have asked about the area of recruitment on two occasions and am still non the wiser.
Well, if it's banking - I know of two good candidates, although they probably have a larger network of relevant contacts than the recruiters here.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 3:49 pm
Banned

Groovychick has a spectacular aura aboutGroovychick has a spectacular aura aboutGroovychick has a spectacular aura about

The issue my dear, is that many, many people have taken up work in the UAE, Qatar, Saudi and the Mid East in general, only to find that when they accept the position offerred and begin to work, that they have been totally misled regarding the terms and conditions of that position and have effectively been totally scre**d by ruthless, cynical or just plain naive 'Senior Recruiters' such as yourself.

As a one-time victim of a ruthless recruiter, I can tell you that I would not have any dealings with anyone who refers to themself as a 'Senior Recruiter', unless I had powerful and substantial evidence that they were genuinely concerned with the welfare of their recruits, and are not simply motivated by how much cash they can make from their dubious clients.

You get the picture now?
Wow,are you serious? Is this why you all recruiters? I love that my career makes me commission but I have NEVER ripped off a candidate to make a placement because

1. I just dont see the point. I'm a recruiter. My job is to find a job and match the right candidate to it. I dont get paid extra for screwing people over so i'd rather just do my job and do it right.
2. I have always worked in senior positions so if I make a good relationship with my candidates they will be my clients sooner or later so I want to make sure we are on good terms.
3. Everywhere I have worked has a policy that if the candidate wishes to leave/company decide they are not the right fit within 3 months of joining the company then I get no money in commission.

Sorry, I dont know what cow boys you have been dealing with but we are not all like that no matter how much you would like to think otherwise.

Its mostly the small start ups that dont have a clear structure place and its all about commission and screwing everyone over. The big companies that have been around for like over 60 years do not work like that.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:48 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Groovychick

Its mostly the small start ups that dont have a clear structure place and its all about commission and screwing everyone over. The big companies that have been around for like over 60 years do not work like that.
Actually, more often than not, they do. It's not the company, it's the people.

Things I've known happen, resume being blanket sent out without permission, so you aren't eligible to go for a direct hire or worse, sent to companies you already have a relationship with either directly or through another recruiter so now the company can't touch you.

Have your resume sent to your own company tipping them off that you're on the look, or calling your boss when you specifically said not to, thus getting you sacked.

Have your resume sent to companies you have already said you aren't interested in for whatever reason.

Resume to have been rewritten as to be garbage, putting you up for positions you aren't qualified/interested in.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg
Old Sep 29th 2010, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Wow,are you serious? Is this why you all recruiters? I love that my career makes me commission but I have NEVER ripped off a candidate to make a placement because

1. I just dont see the point. I'm a recruiter. My job is to find a job and match the right candidate to it. I dont get paid extra for screwing people over so i'd rather just do my job and do it right.
2. I have always worked in senior positions so if I make a good relationship with my candidates they will be my clients sooner or later so I want to make sure we are on good terms.
3. Everywhere I have worked has a policy that if the candidate wishes to leave/company decide they are not the right fit within 3 months of joining the company then I get no money in commission.

Sorry, I dont know what cow boys you have been dealing with but we are not all like that no matter how much you would like to think otherwise.

I'ts all about commission , please don't try and kid anyone anything different and please don't try and write the recruiters 'code of ethics'.

I've seen better ethics from a Serbian paratrooper.........!
Old Sep 29th 2010, 11:37 am
Banned

Groovychick has a spectacular aura aboutGroovychick has a spectacular aura aboutGroovychick has a spectacular aura about

Ignorant fool- if it was all about commission then all recruiters would be treating their clients how they treat theyre candidates effectively making NO DEALS and NO CLIENTS. I dont have one client or candidate who has a word to say about me and I wouldnt want it any other way.

Sorry youve been screwed over and you dont have the balls to just accept it. You can sit in your tragic hole and blame everybody- I really couldnt care less and just for your sh*t attitude I cannot wait to hear about you sobbing on here once again for the same reasons in the future.

Maybe its your crap attitude rather than the entire recruitment industry. People dont make it in recruitment by screwing others over- the industry is small and your name gets around very quickly. You would have no clients and no candidates left to work with. I suggest if you know nothing about the industry keep your opinions to yourself.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Ignorant fool- if it was all about commission then all recruiters would be treating their clients how they treat theyre candidates effectively making NO DEALS and NO CLIENTS. I dont have one client or candidate who has a word to say about me and I wouldnt want it any other way.

Sorry youve been screwed over and you dont have the balls to just accept it. You can sit in your tragic hole and blame everybody- I really couldnt care less and just for your sh*t attitude I cannot wait to hear about you sobbing on here once again for the same reasons in the future.

Maybe its your crap attitude rather than the entire recruitment industry. People dont make it in recruitment by screwing others over- the industry is small and your name gets around very quickly. You would have no clients and no candidates left to work with. I suggest if you know nothing about the industry keep your opinions to yourself.
Can we go out for a beer? I imagine a date with you is a bit like white water rafting: a bit of a challenge but ultimately quite rewarding.

I'm free on thursday.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Job done..!
Old Sep 29th 2010, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Yoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond repute

You must really look forward to getting all this shite off your heaving chest every day. Imagine having to be as nice as you have to be to idiot clients and idiot candidates (who might just one day become a client) without being able to say what you really think.

Wouldn't your industry work so much better if you didn't have to deal with people..
Old Sep 29th 2010, 12:03 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Yoohoo
You must really look forward to getting all this shite off your heaving chest every day. Imagine having to be as nice as you have to be to idiot clients and idiot candidates (who might just one day become a client) without being able to say what you really think.

Wouldn't your industry work so much better if you didn't have to deal with people..
I never mentioned idiots clients or idiot candidates. What I did mention is that I strive to make sure I have great relationships with them.

Please dont get involved your post was so irrelevent it made me laugh
Old Sep 29th 2010, 12:23 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Please dont get involved your post was so irrelevent it made me laugh
In other words:

Everyone who's not a newbie and who's commented is a "tragic" tosser and totally wrong to malign the industry and most of those in it.

You, YOOHOO, are a newbie and you're not welcome to make comments because I don't think they're relevant.

Millhouse, you're a brave man, but I think you're wrong: a bit rough for sure, but rewarding? With an attitude like this I bet she wears shoes 2 sizes too small for her and 2 inches too high, larrfs too loudly, and has a pimply arse. Could be wrong, of course...

Last edited by Bahtatboy; Sep 29th 2010 at 12:28 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 12:26 pm
Hit 16's

And yes, I have lowered the tone by getting personal--seemed apposite.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.