Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Working as a Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dubai?

Working as a Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dubai?

Old Sep 26th 2010, 1:18 pm
Banned

Groovychick has a spectacular aura aboutGroovychick has a spectacular aura aboutGroovychick has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Working as a Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dubai?

I cant be bothered to read this entire thread as it seems both a waste of time reading what the OP and the posters to respond have had to say but you guys seem to have had very bad luck from recruiters or you just hate them for how much money they make lol.

I think everybody needs to cool down and go home
Old Sep 26th 2010, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Groovychick
Whats the big deal with this recruiter business anyway?

I'm also a recruiter and I'm very thankful for how well Ive done in such a short space of time.
If you don't know the answer to that question then i'm afraid you're more naive then i thought.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 1:23 pm
Banned

Groovychick has a spectacular aura aboutGroovychick has a spectacular aura aboutGroovychick has a spectacular aura about

Its hilarious how heart broken you all are over the recruitment industry, bless your souls.

Next time a recruiters getting mouthy to you grow a pair and put them straight rather than run to your cyber sanctuary of approval.

Tragic.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 1:29 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by co durham boy
If you don't know the answer to that question then i'm afraid you're more naive then i thought.
I have never spoken to you prior to this post you buffoon. Its all this thinking that has landed you in your crazy world of assumptions. Try not to think, Your mind will appreciate it im sure.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Groovychick
I cant be bothered to read this entire thread as it seems both a waste of time reading what the OP and the posters to respond have had to say but you guys seem to have had very bad luck from recruiters or you just hate them for how much money they make lol.

I think everybody needs to cool down and go home
You could make a million pound sterling a month and it wouldn't bother me , i've been in this part of the world long enough to not worry about how much recruitment agents are earning. As for very bad luck , i'd disagree with you , most are just sh*t and yes i know i've used them for over 10 years as an employer and employee.

I put them just above Her Majesty's Tax Inspector and one below Estate Agents...!
Old Sep 26th 2010, 1:34 pm
Banned

You could make a million pound sterling a month and it wouldn't bother me , i've been in this part of the world long enough to not worry about how much recruitment agents are earning. As for very bad luck , i'd disagree with you , most are just sh*t and yes i know i've used them for over 10 years as an employer and employee.

I put them just above Her Majesty's Tax Inspector and one below Estate Agents...!
Please dont say things like that Durham boy they hurt my feelings and.... and tell me how will I sleep tonight?
Old Sep 26th 2010, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to me like GC and DF have very similar opinions.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by soukie
Seems to me like GC and DF have very similar opinions.
Could be 'same same'.....!
Old Sep 26th 2010, 1:48 pm
Banned

Wow. Seriously..
Old Sep 26th 2010, 1:52 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Tsk tsk....distinctiveflair, queenofemirates, Groovychick.

Ironic that you say "People might start to think you have nothing better to do but dwindle", when you find time to work on your multiple personalities. The recruitment industry must be thriving.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just amazed at the 'tude!!

Also, i don't know what positions they're recruiting for but it took over 13 months for the process for us to come over and, in those distant realms when i was working, it took 3 months for me to get through the process minimum.

DF, you're a bit of a streetfighter and i'm not entirely sure how bright you are as this forum could be great and you could use it to gain some pretty good contacts. However, you've chosen to act like a child gangsta.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 26th 2010, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

I found my current job through an Aberdeen-based recruitment consultant. I must say that, for the first and only time in over 20 years, this was a positive experience. I was dealing with the MD of the recruitment company, who was communicating directly with the MD of the company who I am eventually working for. Communication was excellent and I even get the odd follow-on personal call.

The company specializes in worldwide sales & marketing positions for oilfield service companies. Please PM if you'd like their details.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 8:26 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Groovychick:

…but you guys seem to have had very bad luck from recruiters or you just hate them for how much money they make lol.

Yeah, right: all my colleagues and all my friends and I have had a 20+ year run of bad luck? Amongst all the recruiters I’ve dealt with, from the perspectives of recruiting manager, job-hunter and recruiter, I’ve met perhaps a handful who I’d employ if I was running my own business. If you can’t see that someone who, at 23, professes to be an “expert” is on a completely different plane from people who make things happen, then, well…you’re probably a recruiter. And as for hating you for how much money you make—just grow up, what we need are professional (in the true sense of the word) recruiters, not jumped-up pretenders.

Its hilarious how heart broken you all are over the recruitment industry, bless your souls.

Heart broken? No. Dismayed, appalled, resigned to the fact that it attracts those who are incapable of listening or even doing a smidgen of self-analysis—yes. The good ones amongst you shine, but they’re one in a thousand.

Its all this thinking that has landed you in your crazy world of assumptions.

Unfortunately, crazy world of coming across 23 year-old “experts”. Still, you’re good sport, and most of us have the wherewithal to avoid you when we need some serious work doing.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 1:07 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Considering the rudeness, arrogance and attitude of these newbie kids, I am amazed they have any clients at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.