Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Working as a Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dubai?

Working as a Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dubai?

Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Working as a Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Saj786
I know recruitment firms in dubai who have this policy where you need to spend x time on the phone, send x cv's per day, achieve x interviews per week etc....

You simply cannot set these numbers as the work is all market dependent.

Just as well I work for myself - none of these KPI and stats crap to worry about - I would rather send one good CV out in a whole week rahter than 10 crap ones a day just to hit my numbers.

sross: have you looked into how strict this new role in UAE will be RE KPI's ?
Yes and no, they're a massive global business and they do have their stats and KPI's that branches have to hit and whatnot. I'm going into the cleverly branded 'Executive' part of the business working on retained / 3stage (with any luck) and perhaps some higher end contingency when required. They are generally more relaxed in this arena and are more interested in your pipeline and delivery against any retainers rather than how many CV's you or the research team have sourced.

Time will tell but I'm keeping my eyes open, despite knowing the chaps out there.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:05 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you might find working here interesting
Interesting as in fascinating, or interesting as in the well-known Chinese curse? (May you live in interesting times)

Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:07 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Interesting as in fascinating, or interesting as in the well-known Chinese curse? (May you live in interesting times)

Interesting as in ..... it won't be the same as UK
Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I know recruitment firms in dubai who have this policy where you need to spend x time on the phone, send x cv's per day, achieve x interviews per week etc....

You simply cannot set these numbers as the work is all market dependent.

Just as well I work for myself - none of these KPI and stats crap to worry about - I would rather send one good CV out in a whole week rahter than 10 crap ones a day just to hit my numbers.

sross: have you looked into how strict this new role in UAE will be RE KPI's ?
Sorry, rather rudely I didn't ask a couple of things I was thinking. How are you finding your market (which is? [if you don't mind declaring]), do you have a team with you or just on your own?
Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:10 pm
Account Closed

Interesting as in ..... it won't be the same as UK
You what?!!?

Cancel the flights. I'm staying here.

If it's not overcrowded, raining, cold and covered with a storm cloud of impending doom from government cuts here and there then I'm not going.

And...you can't make me.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:13 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sross2203
You what?!!?

Cancel the flights. I'm staying here.

If it's not overcrowded, raining, cold and covered with a storm cloud of impending doom from government cuts here and there then I'm not going.

And...you can't make me.
you could try Bahrain ....

Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Saj786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, rather rudely I didn't ask a couple of things I was thinking. How are you finding your market (which is? [if you don't mind declaring]), do you have a team with you or just on your own?
I'm based in the UK running my UAE registered company and working ME hours (means I am in the office 5am UK time) The market I am in (IT and Telco) is really active. About 50% of my work is in KSA with the remaining 50% being UAE, Bahrain and Qatar.

I have a few remote resourcers working for me from UAE and India, I am on the look out for some good "consultants" to help grow the company.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:16 pm
Account Closed

you could try Bahrain ....

Hmm.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

I'm based in the UK running my UAE registered company and working ME hours (means I am in the office 5am UK time) The market I am in (IT and Telco) is really active. About 50% of my work is in KSA with the remaining 50% being UAE, Bahrain and Qatar.

I have a few remote resourcers working for me from UAE and India, I am on the look out for some good "consultants" to help grow the company.
Ah I see. At the moment the company I'm with use an Indian RPO firm, always useful.

Would you ever move out there to run it / grow it?
Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Ah I see. At the moment the company I'm with use an Indian RPO firm, always useful.

Would you ever move out there to run it / grow it?
I have used these Indian RPO firms without much luck, I find it far more cost-effective having someone who is solely working on my requirements on a full time basis - this way they can add more value.

I am very well positioned to move out there as I can easily get a residency visa and currently have all my bank accounts in Dubai however I am not sure I would enjoy it without family - so for the time being its the good old sunny midlands working ME hours and days. Not sure how it will all pan out - its a fairly new company (2 years old)
Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:46 pm
Account Closed

I have used these Indian RPO firms without much luck, I find it far more cost-effective having someone who is solely working on my requirements on a full time basis - this way they can add more value.

I am very well positioned to move out there as I can easily get a residency visa and currently have all my bank accounts in Dubai however I am not sure I would enjoy it without family - so for the time being its the good old sunny midlands working ME hours and days. Not sure how it will all pan out - its a fairly new company (2 years old)
Mixed bag, find unless you're specific and set parameters then you get a lot of names but 80% useless. Such is.

Do you think you would be more successful on the ground and face to face or does it have little effect?
Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Mixed bag, find unless you're specific and set parameters then you get a lot of names but 80% useless. Such is.

Do you think you would be more successful on the ground and face to face or does it have little effect?
I tend to visit my big clients 3 / 4 times a year as well as some senior candidates ($200K+) I think I would certainly have an advantage if I was on the ground but to be honest the success level would not warrant a move. I can generally do everything via Video Conference, Telephone and email and having some reps on the ground also helps.

I really admire alot of the BE's in the ME, cant have been an easy decision to just get up and go, some of me is tempted, it would be a fantastic new chapter of anyones life but i'm just not ready yet.

I read your posts and congrats on getting a new role in Dubai, keep us posted on how things go and I hope this is the start of somethign big for you. good on you mate.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 4:02 pm
Account Closed

I tend to visit my big clients 3 / 4 times a year as well as some senior candidates ($200K+) I think I would certainly have an advantage if I was on the ground but to be honest the success level would not warrant a move. I can generally do everything via Video Conference, Telephone and email and having some reps on the ground also helps.

I really admire alot of the BE's in the ME, cant have been an easy decision to just get up and go, some of me is tempted, it would be a fantastic new chapter of anyones life but i'm just not ready yet.

I read your posts and congrats on getting a new role in Dubai, keep us posted on how things go and I hope this is the start of somethign big for you. good on you mate.
Good stuff, I worked with a firm in the UK but placed people in some of the hotspots at the moment, found it OK to do business, at the end of the day you'll find the candidates for the role whether you've met the client or not.

All the best and thanks.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

How do you have a bank account when you don't have a residence visa....?
Old Mar 16th 2011, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Britmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really nice

I cannot recall ever reading such a load of s**te!

In 30 years of working experience, I have found that recruiters generally are a bunch of lying parasites.

I can recall only one recruiter who would qualify as a decent human being.

Go and crawl back under your stone you scum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.